Silver Creek i write sins not shopping receipts
motherfucker don't play with me
62 Posts
Ooc — shiro
Joining 

Ikari pounded through the snow, his nose lowered to the ground. That scent was familar! His tail was a blur behind him as it wagged, paws leaving massive imprints in the snow behind him. He'd been exploring not long ago, 'spreading his awesomeness around' as he had said before, when a rather familiar scent reached his nostrils. It was one that his very first friend in the Wilds had carried, and he was intent on following it. 

He had no need to be stealthy. He wanted them to find him. He wanted to join them. At this point how he joins wouldn't matter so long that he has finally left the shitty life of a lone wolf in the middle of winter and he gets to meet up with his new friend.

He left the only loved ones in his life to have a little adventure and to perhaps find a pack. He might as well go through with his word. It's the least he can do, other than not crossing the borders. He's learned not to do that after crossing paths with previous packs. 

After bowling through nearly everything in his way, the beast of a wolf found the defining line of their borders, and he skidded to a stop, sending snow flying in all different directions. His muzzle lifted into air and his jaws parted, letting loose a deep, rumbling howl from the depths of his throat. The first person to arrive would here his shout of: "Oi! Pack wolf, Come here! I want to talk to ya!" 
note: Ikari is biologically female

124 Posts
Ooc — n
Skylaris had arrived last night back at Silver Creek, and had yet to tell the alphas of the unfortunate events that had occured. She had not yet seen them since her arrival, and if she was honest with herself, delaying that conversation for just a little bit sounded like a good idea. The woman was following the border, marking here and there, when she heard the howl. The voice was familiar, and Sky gave a smile as she followed the sound to the source.

"Ikari!" she barked in greeting, hobbling through the snow to reach him. Then she stopped, glancing at herself. Ikari would not notice anything different about her, would he? He wouldn't know, not yet, that she could be pregnant? Not like she had wanted to be. Though, the alphas didn't even know that she only had three legs now. They were sure to notice when they arrived. "Here to join, right?" she asked, the smile still clear on her maw. Hopefully @Heston would arrive soon. Spring was with the pups (she had found out since her return) so she didn't want them to be disturbed. "When the alphas come, just lower your head a tad, mkay?" The dove just wanted him to be accepted, and with their low members she believed he would, though some submission was always a plus and made it much more likely for the wolf to be accepted. Besides, they needed more wolves since the departure of Mawk.
-Three legged wolf-
Caregiver/Medic 2/5
Naturalist/Astronomer 0/5
239 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
The howl on the border caught his attention quickly, and he waste no time in heading for it. He didn't want anyone lingering unwatched at the borders, not when his children slumbered so small and vulnerable. He knew the borders were a far reach from the den, but even still, he wanted the wolf addressed and assessed as quickly as possible. The idea of more bodies to help feed the four mouths brought some measure of relief to mingle with the anxiety that hovered over him.

As he arrived on the border he noted Skylaris was already there. He had noticed that she had left for a time, and he slowed his pace as he approached. He hoped this was not the same thing he had encountered last time he'd gone to a call at the borders. She wasn't leaving them now, too, was she? He moved closer, tail giving a stiff but friendly wave behind him to the recognized female. 

"I see you have a friend." He called as he moved closer. "This is a different story from last time I hope, new joins and not wolves leaving?" He didn't know, truly, if Skylaris knew this female. Perhaps she had just arrived on the borders before him. As he headed towards them, the distance down now to barely a body length between him and the woman, his brain suddenly clicked what looked strange about her stance and appearance. His eye fell to the spot where her leg had previously been, staring at the empty air, at the painful red that signaled the departure.

"Holy shit, Skylaris." He said, eyes wide. "What the fuck happened?" His head swung swiftly to the female and he leveled with a fierce look as he checked her for blood. The woman was clean, and Skylaris didn't seem distressed. He dialed back his assumptions, but his eyes remained blazing, just without a target to land on now. He noted too that the wound did not seem brand new, though obviously not terribly old. For now, the female was forgotten as he sought answers.
62 Posts
Ooc — shiro
sorry for the late reply! Been having migraine problems so my posts are eh

The wolf that approached him was in fact someone he knew. Ikari's ears perked up as Sky made her way over and greeted him. She referred to him joining, and he bobbed his broad head in a nod, tail wagging. "Indeed I am!" His jaws parted to speak once again, but another decided to approach the duo, and Ikari assumed this was one of the Alphas Sky had spoke of. His ears twitched curiously before the large wolf lowered his head, golden eyes averted away from the newcomer. 

He expected himself to be questioned, but the man's attention was directed on Sky. Ikari's ears perked up as he listened and he noticed that the Alpha's gaze was now on him. He may not have been the smartest, but Ikari wasn't a complete dumbass. He put two and two together and felt anger roll in the pit of his stomach. This man thought he had hurt Sky? Like hell! The golden fur along Ikar's broad shoulders bristled, but he did not speak out against the Alpha, merely held his tongue and waited for the other to speak first. He was afraid if he spoke now, something he would not want to say would fly from his jaws.

124 Posts
Ooc — n
Oh no! I hope they clear up soon <3
Heston was quick to arrive, and Skylaris nodded her head in greeting as he approached. "Yes, yes, different to last time. Wasn't the best time to finally meet you, though," She gave a small chuckle and was about to explain why Ikari was here but Heston's question stopped her. The dove had expected it, and was prepared to tell him, however there were other matters that needed tending to. "Don't worry about me. I'm fine, just had a.... scrap... with another wolf. Not Ikari, though." She assured him, stealing a glance at her friend. "I very much appreciate your concern, Heston, but I believe there are other things to be discussed for now. If you want to know more of what happened, then I'm perfectly happy to tell you, but Ikari wishes to join. Perfect timing, with Mawk gone, right?" She attempted to switch the attention off herself. Normally she might not have minded but the details of her attack were still pretty fresh in her mind and she didn't think Ikari wanted to get caught up in the story. But then again, neither did Sky.
-Three legged wolf-
Caregiver/Medic 2/5
239 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
I know that pain :( Hope it stops soon.

He nods as she speaks, but cannot muster a laugh at her joke. He is far too concerned for her leg, and her wellbeing. It's a miracle she's still walking, in his opinion. How exactly does an entire leg just vanish? His brows raise as she asks him not to worry about her, calling the incident a scrap. "I'd hate to see what you consider an actual fight." He remarks, though he is pleased the female before him has nothing to do with it. He is displeased to push the topic away so quickly, but understands that she doesn't want to address it before the new wolf is addressed. He nods, staring at her for a moment longer, then looking back down to where her leg was once more. His head shakes in disbelief but he nods again, turning his gaze back on Ikari.

"My apologies, it's not everyday that I realize a packmate has suddenly lost a limb. Thankfully, it's not a common occurrence for Silver Creek. Skylaris brings up a good point. We recently lost a male, we could use another body." He didn't mention his children, unwilling to openly share the news just yet. "Are you saying that you'll vouch for them, Skylaris? How do you know each other?" He addressed the question to either woman, simply wanting to know how well they knew each other. The fact that a pack member did know Ikari was a good start, but Heston wanted to know more. "And what can you offer Silver Creek, Ikari?" His gaze is no longer aggressive, though it rests firmly on the woman. He wants to know what exactly she can offer to them.
62 Posts
Ooc — shiro
Ikari felt himself calm down, closing his golden eyes for a moment and taking a breath before answering the first question that was asked. "We met not too long ago. I was just explorin' I guess. I'd like to say we're friends." His shoulders lifted in a brief shrug. "As for what I can offer?" The golden wolf shrugs again, his muzzle pointed more or less at the ground. "Well, uh, I'm a warrior I guess. Or I hope to be one." Ikari's voice was gruff, but he spoke quietly, almsot as if he were unsure of himself, an unusual thing for the usually loud and carefree creature. He thought he'd like having all the attention on him, but having himself under the Alpha's gaze made him feel uneasy.

Nevertheless, he raised his head just the slightest bit, ears relaxed atop his head, and gave both of the wolves before him a soft smile, his eyes closing in the process.

124 Posts
Ooc — n
Gah! I didn't realise it was my turn, I'm so sorry to keep you both waiting!

Skylaris gave a half-hearted smile at Heston as he spoke to her, but she relaxed slightly as the Alpha turned back to Ikari. For now, the attention was not on her. She was okay. Heston knew nothing of the pups she carried (possibly), so that was all that mattered for now. The dove did not plan to bring the topic up right now. In fact, she planned to speak with the alphas later on.

"Well, I don't know so much for vouching, since I have not known Ikari for a long time, but he mentioned briefly about looking for a home or something of the like so I told him about Silver Creek." There was no point lying. She nodded, giving a comforting wag of her tail to her recently found friend. "A warrior sounds like something we need right now, Heston. As much as I wish I could, I'm in no state to fight. I can try, of course, but we need as many guards as possible." The silver wolfess had been about to mention guards for the pups, but of course Heston had not spoken of them as of yet, so she didn't deem it necessary to bring it up. Besides, with Mawk gone now, they needed fighters. Not that Sky had ever been much of a tough wolf anyway - she had decided now with her leg gone that she would continue pursuing her dream of becoming a medic.
-Three legged wolf-
Caregiver/Medic 2/5
239 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
He listened to Ikari's answer, and then glanced to Skylaris as she spoke as well. He fought to keep his eyes from her leg and managed to succeed. He was slightly confused by the fact that Skylaris had called Ikari a he when clearly a woman stood before him. He figured it a slip of the tongue and nothing more, and didn't address it. He gave an amused and crooked grin as Skylaris petitioned for Ikari's joining.

"I agree, a warrior is something we could use, as well as the extra set of paws for hunting and patrol in general. My mate, Spring, recently gave birth." His tone contained both a warning and a proud boast. "We need wolves to keep them safe, help provide for them and Spring. You'll meet her eventually, but for now, stay away from the den site." His tone and expression were stern as he looked at the woman, but he was sure she would understand the reasoning. "Once I know you better you'll be fine, but for now...I'm a little sensitive, first time father." He offered a smile, poking fun at himself. 

"Welcome to Silver Creek, Ikari. I hope you'll come to be like family for us." He stepped forward and offered to rub shoulders with her, to spread the scent of Silver Creek. "If you need anything, you can call for Spring or I." That done, he moved back. Normally he would turn and make his way back to the den. But he wasn't about to do that until he heard what had happened to Skylaris. He waited a moment longer to be sure Ikari didn't have any other questions.