Ankyra Sound your bones are the spires of Stockholm
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Pack Activity 
Everyone is welcome on both sides to post but there will be little regulation of post order, however try to keep to no more than one post a day to allow others a chance to respond. Those who are not going to actively participate are encouraged to at least cameo their presence. @Akantha @Kalika @Whip @Indie @Coelacanth @Gabe @Hemithea @Julep @Eske @Hush @Kendra @Xan @Ragna. If I missed someone, let me know!

Even though Thuringwethil does not feel up to par, she does not back on her word. The morning comes of the seventh days since she’d met the woman on the bluff. High tide will arrive before she knows it and she’d sent a call out in the morning to give the rest of her wolves the heads up not to go far from the south side of the pack when the next call will be made to travel. The exception being both @Wildfire and @Portia to stay back in the cavern for the time being, with Arlo and Melchior to keep them safe.

It is as low tide begins to grow stronger that Thuringwethil and the others arrive. The winter is gentle and the waves are reassuring, a calm in the back of her mind as she stands with @Dio on one side of her and @Tirgatao on the other, and the rest of her wolves behind her as they wait. Her head does not throb as it has been and breathing is still uncomfortable, but she’s able to stand without much indication of her wounds aside from her still bloodshot left eye.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
build me up from bones
138 Posts
Ooc — Siro
Cameoing Tir for my own benefit before responding with Akantha.
Since their return from the cliffs, Tirgatao lacked the energy or the will to move far from the central hub of Drageda. She often lingered near the shore of the lake, watching the water, and waiting for the day of the meeting to arrive. Her worries and anxieties were hardly abated, and she still feared repercussions for her failing to prevent Heda's fall, but she knew, logically, it wasn't entirely her fault. It didn't stop her from being miserable about it.

But Tirgatao kept her head about her, and focused on the task at hand. When the call went up, she joined Thuringwethil and Dio down to the shore where the Nereides would assemble soon after. She hoped Kalika would be there for she felt the young nymph had a sound head about her, and her skills in diplomacy would likely benefit both parties in this conversation.

When they come to a stop she stands idly by the Commander with one ear fixated on Thuringwethil while her eyes lock onto the group approaching from the west. She readies herself by glancing to Heda, then their Wocha, and draws a breath. The time was now.
"There are no guarantees in the future. That's why today, the time we have now, is important."
Trigedasleng is denoted in bold/italic if not already written out. Hover for translations. 
fury, oh fury don't you misguide me
228 Posts
Ooc — Siro
As I said in Slack, cameos are perfectly fine and if you'd rather be PP'd, just give me a heads up and I can make it so!

The day had come.

Akantha's annoucement reverberated through the mossy pines as the first pale fingers of dawn began to stretch out over the long horizon—meet me on the eastern shore when the tide is low. She did not anticipate any sort of ambush or attack, but her guard was certainly up as they crossed the bridge to the mainland with @Kalika by her side and the others trailing just behind. The waves were slack, and the weather balmy; as if the Mothers themselves guided them.

Her paws hit the familiar shores of Ankyra Sound and suddenly she wondered just what Aktaie would think of this treaty she desired with Drageda. The warrior clan would be a great asset to them if she could convince them that their culture, and place on the islands, was only born of their desire to remain close to Her. Not to insult their Commander through their proximity to the cliffside pack. Akantha wanted to think she was doing right by her, and by the Mothers themselves. No communication between her, the Moon, and the Sea led her to believe otherwise.

In the distance she spotted the group. The clan. Flanked by two wolves, one a pale gray she-wolf and the other a rich cream male, was the Commander. Curiously she could not make out any flash of red among the gathered. The russet woman, Wildfire, was not among them and Akantha felt her throat clench with unease. But she refused to let it take her by surprise. Indie made a noise somewhere behind her, and she twitched an ear towards the vaudevillian to acknowledge it. The Matriarch approached boldly with @Kalika at her side, and her Sisters right behind. @Whip and @Gabe lingered in the group, and she hoped they were doing their job and keeping an eye out for any signs of ill intentions in the Commander's wolves. 

The Commander herself was a hulking thing, no taller than Akantha herself, but at least twice the mass of the Matriarch. A dense frame of muscle and bone, cloaked in an impressive shroud of darkness, with two blotches of even darker fur higlighting the emotionless mask enveloping her steely gaze. Akantha's hawkish gaze darted to the pink scars on her shoulder, noting just how precise each one—ritual scarification, perhaps? But most striking of all was the shock of bright red blood entombed in the woman's left eye. 

Akantha came to a halt a scarce twelve feet away from the Drageda host, offering a friendly dip of her muzzle, and a wave of her cricked tail. "Heda," she spoke the title the white guardian had given her at the borders, silently hopefuly it was not misplaced. "thank you for agreeing to this meeting. I am Akantha, standing Matriarch of the Nereides. The woman beside me is @Kalika, our ambassador hopeful. These are my sisters, and our young guardians." She fell silent, passing the floor to Thuringwethil with a polite nod.
Blood is running deep
Some things never sleep

Teal dialogue is Greek. Uncolored dialogue is common/english.
Check out NEREIDESpedia for more information.  
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
[table][tr][td valign=center] [/td][td]
Short cameo.

Drawn forth from the depths of his own mind, the boy rose from his place of waiting when the second howl had rung through his ears. A glance or two at his surroundings had been stolen, searching for a familiar pelt of grey, before he’d shaken his head and proceeded to locate the group. After them he’d trailed, having fallen behind, though it wasn’t enough for him to lose any chance at catching up. Trekking onward, the albino stopped only after having reached the rest of the wolves whose home he shared, and, behind them, he stopped. He remained upright, body rigid with uncertainty, whilst those that stood across from the Drageda wolves were examined. From them to his leaders his eyes had flickered, only to bounce back and then settle on the gathering of strangers. Silent, yet attentive, he observed the scene and awaited to hear how the conversation might go.
[/td][td valign=center] [/td][/tr][/table]
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”
A meaningful silence is better than meaningless words.
255 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
He is the vanguard, scouting ahead for any sign of the pack of women that Heda had wanted to meet with. He does not know why, but he does his duty as Rauna, trotting ahead, his head shifting from the air to the ground, searching, sniffing. He keeps looking back, both to see the pack's movements, and to check on Heda. He worries for her, after such a brief amount of time between He keeps alert as the group stops behind him, his robin's eyes searching for movement in the distance. 

Hush watches, then he chuffs, turning to the group, barking. There! the women ahead. He wheels back to the group, going back behind Heda, watching the proceedings.
Trades:
Guardian (0/10) — Ranger (0/10)
Note: Hush cannot form words. He can, however, chuff, snarl, bark, and make a yodel-like howl.
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
He might not have appreciated the timing of all this (Heda's fall and the resulting injuries, multiple pregnancies, settling-in new neighbors..), but this was something he wished to see get done with sooner rather than later. Courtesy all else, the Nereides were only a concept to him he had heard of through others. While better than nothing, he did want to see them for himself finally.

The shoreline approached, their scout ranged ahead, and he knew that soon he would have a better idea of this. Hopefully the outcome would sway favorably.

Dio served as a watchful, looming presence beside Heda, opposite Tirgatao as the others came. On them, his attention settled and the meeting moved forward seamlessly into its next steps. They began their introductions, and he would let his commander have to theirs; it was under way.
lights • cameraaction
144 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
When Akantha told Indie about their impending meeting with a new pack, the starlet could hardly contain her excitement. This was big time serious — and Indie would love to play her part. Indie could bring others together almost as easily as she could be divisive and draw them apart [when she wanted to]. The dark woman was happiest when there was a show for her to watch and be a part of; this meeting of the factions being no different. Indie also harbored a healthy desire to see her Matriarch in action, to see how her diplomatic demeanor and exotic culture reacted with the other elements that stewed within the crucible of the coastal shoreline. Indie was keen to assist with her glib tongue, but knew that some situations called for stillness and reticence…. but oh, how she wanted to impress her tutor during this foray into politicking; show her the value Indie gave to the band of Nereides.

The group padded up to the others and their numbers quickly blossomed as they continually were joined by wolves from both parties. Though there was a tangle of men and women that Indie did not know (and many that Indie did), the vaudevillian could not tear her golden gaze from a single wolf: Thuringwethil. There was a small flutter within her buxom chest at the sight of the impressive shewolf standing amongst her own — seemingly the Commander. A wry smile writ upon her features, Indie eagerly sought Thuringwethil’s gaze with her own but did not dare move or speak. This was business.
“what a lovely day" says the butcher as she raises her arm 
the wanderer
106 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Cameo, feel free to pp Gabe in the background though :D

Gabe followed Akantha, soon meeting up with Kalika and Whip along the way. He gave his Kalika a quick smile, unseen to the others, then fell into step behind the two sisters, walking beside the other consort. This meeting would be crucial for both sides, so he could only hope it went well. And if it didn't, well that was why he was coming along. Soon the Nereides found the Drageda wolves, two of them a Gabe had seen before. He hung back, scanning the opposite group of wolves, doing his job as a guardian.

Others from the other side arrived, as did Indie from their own ranks. He was glad to see her, as the Nereides were quickly become outnumbered. He listened intently as the leaders spoke, his molten lava eyes shifting from wolf to wolf.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra was loyal in following Thuringwethil towards the beach close to their territory. She was not sure about the whole ordeal but she knew when her presence was wanted. Kendra kept her eye on Xan who seemed to be getting a bit behind. She wondered if he was feeling at home in the sea pack. Kendra hoped he was because she was starting to create some nice bonds with other wolves of the pack. She stood by her alpha's side. Their strength was in numbers, she knew that. So even though she was still rather frail she kept her pale eyes on the strangers. She gained confidence because of the strength of the pack.
[Image: kendra-pixel_zpssjjmu8wj.png]
Peculiar Little Thing
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Kalika had entered the scene at Akantha's side, her head raised high with a content grin plastered on her maw. Her posture almost matched that of the Matriarch's, though there was a notable difference in the degree of dominance she displayed. Though she was technically an Initiate, Kalika felt a great responsiblity to Nereides and her Matriarch that gave her the right to display herself proudly. 

As her gaze reached Thuringwethil's, she gave a polite nod of her head and lowered herself a notch, though still not in complete submission. Her eyes then moved to Tiragatao to whom she slipped a quick wink and a grin. Lovely to see you again Commander, Tiragatao. A kind welcome to all other Drageda wolves, as well. I am eager to see a strong alliance form between our ranks.

Kalika took a step back so that her head was at the same reach as Akantha's shoulder. Her ears were cupped forward as she awaited introductions to begin, though she remained silent.
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Eske does not stand at her Heda’s side but she lingers close behind the Commander but off to the side enough that her eyes of blue-green sea glass can survey the group that has gathered on the other side of Drageda’s borders. Her gaze touches each of them, lingering longer on the ebony woman she takes to be their leader. She knows Kendra is nearby and the urge to go stand near her was strong but Eske restrains her desire. She may not have been as politic savvy as Freyja she knew that this meeting was important and that she should pay attention. She is not sure what is to come out of this meeting just as she is not sure what to make of these neighbors. She desires to add tactician to her mercenary trade…she wants to be Wanlida — bringer of death. She has not wanted anything so much and so she trains herself to implore learned patience and she surveys and listens with a swipe of her salmon pink tongue across her jowls.
[/td][/tr][/table]
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
— your hands are wet with the blood
of an empire. you lick it off.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
There are no official rounds to this and you guys can post as you wish. I'm going to take those that I am pretty sure are going to be vital/interactive to the meeting or using this for a trade purpose. If I missed you and you want to be tagged in the future, just let me know! @Akantha, @Dio, @Kalika, @Eske.

Dio is planted on one side and Tirgatao on the other in what would have been Wildfire’s spot. The rest of her wolves remain behind her, except for Hush that scans their immediately surroundings up until a small band of wolves appear along the shore through the forest that breaks the sound from the rest of the world. While they do not have much waiting for them at home, a simple call will bring them near within minutes. A shiver runs along the length of her spine and she watches Hush settle somewhere nearby before her attention, as well as the others, refocus on the incoming group.

She briefly glances at them as they near but none get more than a second or two and none of trigger her to linger on them for longer. Instantly, she finds herself drawn to the whom she assumes is the leader—one she has not yet met—standing next to the woman she’d met further south. Akantha speaks first, addressing her by her title (warranting a slight nod), as she then introduces Kalika and briefly the others behind her. Her attention does not waver except to greet the ambassador when she is also spoken to by her.

“This is Dio,” she explains with a gesture, “he is the leader of our warriors. And Tirgatao, an advisor and we are of Drageda. Wildfire has told me a little about you and your wolves.” There had not been much, aside from their goal to take the islands—somewhere Thuringwethil has never been—and their intentions for hunting. After her trip further south, she knows there is little threat on their hunting grounds with the pack she’d run into and no one else around for miles. These women are their only threat and even then, it is small in the grand scheme of things.
Trigedasleng · Common
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Although she remained silent, allowing Akantha to speak before she did, Kalika was sure to send a nod of greeting to Dio and the same to Tiragatao. With the salutations sent to the coastal woman, however, she added a smirk and a playful wink before clearing her throat and readjusting herself with her head hung low. It was difficult for her to contain her inner nature, but because she knew just how vital this was to her social standing, Kalika was sure to (at least) control it.
228 Posts
Ooc — Siro
These wolves are the spitting image of Akantha's worst nightmare. 

Every single one stands hale, tempered, and entirely complacent to Heda who stands firm at the head of them. Dio is impressive, and Akantha finds herself observing him a bit longer than necessary. Even the Advisor, smaller in stature than the Commander, is thickset with a notable density to her shoulders and hindquarters. A polite nod is offered to them both when they are introduced. Akantha understands their position much better now, but she is grateful that Thuringwethil is even standing here speaking with her at all. She does not seem ready for war, but the flinty cast to her eyes is telling of her determination to do what needs to be done if this discussion should go south.

Akantha steadied herself, drew in a breath, and nodded. "Wildfire has been exceedingly helpful since encountering us and, against my better judgement, put my faith in her word that this meeting would be beneficial to both of us." she said, "and I believe it will be." 

"I will try and do my best not to repeat myself, but I will make it clear that we have no intention of harassing you, your pack, or your lands. We wish to claim the island chain off the coast and make it a home in which to practice our worship of the Mothers Sea and Moon, and raise future generations to do the same. We are not warfaring savages, or practicioners of dark arts, but will protect our own if we are threatened."

"But since we are neighbors, it is not in my interest to remain closed off to you. Wildifre and Tirgatao both have proved themselves to be trustworthy allies and, I take it, excellent examples of how Drageda handles friendships? So ny offer is this: we form a truce and if time proves our union solid, I would like to enterain the idea of an alliance. But these are only my desires, not demands. Peace is my only true request."
Blood is running deep
Some things never sleep

build me up from bones
138 Posts
Ooc — Siro
As the two leaders begin the discussion, Tirgatao's gaze drifts over to the gathered Nereides. From Kalika, with eyes as brilliant as polished sapphires, to the svelte woman with hawkish gold eyes; the soft young male, and the scrappy yearling. She wondered how many more chose to stay on the Island for this meeting, or were otherwise busy with tasks pertaining to their "sea worship." Truth be told, Tirgatao was highly curious and wished to learn more about this odd culture the Nereides seemed to be so devoted to. Kalika and Akantha both walked about the world with salt-kissed pelts, and both women seemed entirely at home on the shores of the sea. Most wolves would chose the woodlands, as Drageda had. 

Akantha spoke at length now, and Tirgatao dialed back into the conversation with a slow twist of her left ear. It trained on the earthen Matriarch while the other hovered by Heda, whom she spared a glance to. The Commander's expression was unreadable so her eyes traveled further, to where Portia had applied her healthing poultices upon their unfortunate return to Drageda a few nights prior. A concerned hand began to grasp, once again, at her throat but she buried it beneath her duty and managed to steal a bit of comfort from Dio's presence on Heda's other side. 

The others stood firm behind her—Kendra and Xan, Hush and Eske. She was glad for them and their presence today.
"There are no guarantees in the future. That's why today, the time we have now, is important."
Trigedasleng is denoted in bold/italic if not already written out. Hover for translations. 
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
Standing proud and watchful, he is comfortable in his spot beside the commander. There is the utmost of confidence in their appearance and ability alike, even before the scrutiny of these foreign Nereides. Drageda looks the part of their strength and gathered together, form an impressive visage of wolf for this important meeting.
When Thuringwethil introduced him, he straightened subtly with a curt nod and greeting to match. Their eyes have been on him already, but he isn't alone in that regard and readily returns the favor. Similarities are here and there between them, yet somehow, knowing more through the words of their scarred matriarch, he simply finds more questions born from the answers.

Their culture of their Mother Sea and Moon, and why they had been drawn to the island, struck undeniably as curious to him but politics are the overarching focus here. He continued his thoughtful, observant silence. Overall, he does not find a reason to suspect issue so now knowing their hopes in this, he awaited Heda's response.
A meaningful silence is better than meaningless words.
255 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Hush is just sitting here and watching until they leave.

He runs behind the diplomats, leaving them to do their job of negotiations. But he cannot help but to steal looks at the line of women that they were meeting with. His eyes were largely trained in the distance, searching their surroundings for any signs of betrayal. He would love to trust everyone he meets, but he has found that pack politics denied him such naivete.
Trades:
Guardian (0/10) — Ranger (0/10)
Note: Hush cannot form words. He can, however, chuff, snarl, bark, and make a yodel-like howl.
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
i have no idea what i'm doing, clearly. lol. this post is useless filler basically.

As the leader of the Nereides speaks Eske pays close attention, her blue-green sea glass gaze focusing on the opposing leader. She takes in the information that the woman gives freely: that they seek to claim an island off the coast. Eske assumes that it is nearby enough to warrant this meeting and her lips tug into a terse line. It does not seem wise, to her, to claim an island especially when it means these Nereides are reliant on good standing with Drageda or else what? Was it possible that Drakru can make their life a living hell? Eske wonders if this puts power in the paws of their Commander. The other leader speaks of an alliance but at what cost? What can these Nereides offer Drageda that they do not already have? If they could not offer anything worth while then what is the point? Surely there is no benefit to an alliance only being one sided, Eske ponders. Strategically speaking, Drageda could block off their path to the mainland if they wished to, could chase them from Ankyra Sound, she thinks (though she does not know for sure). Eske's attention then goes to Heda, her ears cupped forward in anticipation as to how this will play out.
[/td][/tr][/table]
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
lights • cameraaction
144 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Both parties were cordial, at least on the outside. Thuringwethil, true to form, was stoic and few with words. However, the vaudevillian rather enjoyed the sight of the commander, standing amongst her battalion and well… being commanding. It was something new and delightful, as Thuringwethil had convenitely forgotten to mention this information upon their last meeting — and Indie was rather drawn to sources [and wolves] of power. It was the reason she was drawn to Donovan and Akantha [thought the women’s mentorship and exotic personality definitely helped] and even [with a small part of her], Kalika.  Akantha responded with wishes to ally but Indie could hardly listen, so very badly did she want to speak up, to be heard. Indie did not know what she would deign to say in the conversation of wolves who were much more skilled in politicking than she — but was she not the starlet whose silver tongue that spouted beautiful words entirely off the cuff? Though Indie had such intense desire to assume the limelight and ensure a pleasant, vivacious experience for all, the woman was introspective enough to realize that such an action would be most unwelcome and might possibly do more harm than good. So Indie swallowed her sparking tongue and took a single, slow step forward, as if to get a better look at the wolves of Drageda.
[/td][/tr][/table]
“what a lovely day" says the butcher as she raises her arm 
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
I suck. Sorry for the wait. Beat me with a flyswatter next time. @Kalika @Dio @Eske (for some reason these did not tag??)

Akantha takes over in a way that Thuringwethil doesn’t like. She smooths over the heat that builds in her chest as the Matriarch’s words continue to drift between them. There isn’t much she can do when it comes to their neighbors now when two of their women are incapacitated and their warriors are not as strong as they could be. Can they take them, even in their state? The two wolves at the bolder had fewer wolves than this and their army had been much stronger, but her paw is forced to when she cannot risk the lives that stand with her, behind her, and in farther off land.

The commander licks her lips as she considers everything in a matter of seconds with only an ear flickering in the direction of her chieftain and advisor.

“I am told you do not need the mainland and everything you have is on the island,” she inquires and bites her tongue on wanting to visit. Later, perhaps, when there is more on each side to lose if something were to happen. “South of our claim is our hunting grounds and I have no interest in sharing it.” Her eyes hardened as she thinks of Esaro, a boy that nearly lost his life in the pursuit of a rabbit on her land and the Maplewood that faced those consequences when he crossed the river without a second thought. There is no need for them to share land as Drageda continues to grow and she expects these women to do the same and the unknown on either side continues to build such tension.

“You will have the truce under the conditions you do not hunt on our grounds and should you leave the islands en masse, I want to be alerted. If you can show me where you come and go from the island, we will show you what is ours,” she offers with a quirk of her brow. The last thing she wants is an unwarranted decimation on her claim in the cliffs. “In return, our patrols are heavy and we frequent our grounds enough to know if something is wrong. Perhaps you can benefit from the added safety.”
Trigedasleng · Common
228 Posts
Ooc — Siro
Cool, Chrome ate my first post. This is garbage, sorry.
Akantha knew that the fertile lands surrounding Drageda would be a hot topic, and it was why she refused from the very beginning not to even try and haggle with the clan over them. There was no reason for the Nereides, excepting extraneous circumstances, to hunt upon the mainland. If, in the off chance, that the Mothers no longer provided for their daughters, Akantha would seek the answers elsewhere. There were many territories in the immediate area so there was little reason for her to beg favor with the Heda over a woodland she'd held on to for so many moons.

What she hadn't anticipated were the jaws that suddenly, swiftly, and figuratively closed around her neck as Thuringwethil laid out her own terms. The skin on her back prickled, and she fought the urge to bare her teeth as anxiety flooded her system and screamed at her to fight or flee. To agree to the terms would, effectively, put them at the mercy of the Commander should they decide as a group to leave the Islands for any length of time. Her hazel eyes flickered across Heda's stony expression, searching for a crack in her resolve—something in which for her to grasp and pull on so that the communication swung more towards their favor. But she found nothing. Nothing readable. Nothing flawed. 

The Matriarch was backed into a corner and it was exactly where she didn't want to be. But when she spared a glance to Kalika, then to Indie who stepped forward in the interim, she realized it was a fair price to pay for their freedom. The Nereides would have a home. She closed her eyes and exhaled softly before her eyes hardened once more and she swung her great head around to turn her full attention towards Thuringwethil, "The Nereides agree to your terms, Heda." She spoke loud enough for the gathered to hear. "When you feel the time is right, only call upon me and I shall show you what you wish to see and know." 
Blood is running deep
Some things never sleep

build me up from bones
138 Posts
Ooc — Siro
Heda, of course, responds with her own terms of this proposal. What she does not expect is the demand that the Nereides inform them of any large movements. Surprise rockets down her spine and settles uneasily in her gut, but she is able to keep it from reflecting on her expression. Was Drageda expected to police them, now? And, if so, did they have the wolves to spare? The sea wolves were an elusive bunch, and Tirgatao could not imagine them having any sort of desires beyond what their Matriarch had already stated. She wondered what thought drew Thuringwethil to the conclusion that such a stipulation needed to be included.

But, if the Matriarch is shaken, she doesn't show it. At least not to those unfamilar with her. Tirgatao watches her openly for any sign that she might disrupt the tenuous peace, but the only indication of any anger is the subtle tightening of the muscles around her eyes before she turns to look at the sisters nearest her. Tirgatao exhales slowly, sends a sidelong glance towards her leaders, and wonders what's going through their heads.

When Akantha faces them again she is calmer, and verbally agrees to the terms. The truce is all but official now and Tirgatao manages to withhold a sigh of relief until the final word from Heda.
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
Heda speaks her terms: but it sounds like Eske less of an alliance and more of a leash, an exert of control to Drageda. She does not complain but she has yet to hear what it is The Nereides think they can offer Drageda. She supposes, in the end, it may not matter as Heda is given the control she seeks as their leader agrees to the terms. If she is upset by it, she does not show it. Eske, admittedly, does not find Heda’s terms unreasonable, as they are the elder pack and they had their claim long before The Nereides had appeared; but these terms also means more work for the Gona’s who not only have to watch for outsider but not Nereides too. Is it wise to exert their efforts over a pack that means little to them? She desires to ask of the leader what it is Drageda gets in return aside from needing to police them to ensure they do not break Heda’s terms but stills her tongue. It is not her place to question, especially not in front of outsiders.
[/td][/tr][/table]
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
Terms and their conditions go back and forth between the leaders, all eventually ending in agreement that sounds good, despite a painfully subtle, underlying tension he cannot quite put title to as he watches the volley with rapt attention. Neighbors in the past have been less than intelligent regarding matters a lot like these where their hunting grounds were concerned, but these sea wolves may be cut from a different cloth, and seek to break the low standards set by those before without knowing it.

This openness between them could be a solid foundation, or more trouble in the long-run depending on the direction the weeks then months to come would take, and with so much waiting for him back at home, the Wocha was invested in keeping their defenses sharper than ever. If the islanders respected all of this the Heda sought, he didn't expect issue to come along any time soon. Just as the commander said, their patrols were thorough, and their place along the coast already well-established. They would take care of any problems without hesitation. But still standing strong and attentive, Dio knew it would take time to tell for sure. This agreement is enough of a step in a favorable direction for now, though. It didn't culminate to hostility, the Nereides could have their island, and Drageda would press forward, as always.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The queen takes the terms after a few glances to the women behind her but Thuringwethil does not let her eyes fall away. She does not look to the others that she silently questions or those that move and she waits until acceptance is spoken. It does not take long before she gets it and slowly Heda nods once. If she’d been given the chance for such an event with the Phoenix wolves rather than a demand over the river as she had with Reek and, later, Saena, things may be different. Here, most of her wolves stand on one side and Akantha’s stand behind her; there will be no confusion on what is or isn’t allowed. Both sides can easily get what they want out of this relationship, even if it goes beyond their typical workings.

“It has been nice to meet you, Akantha,” she says though her voice is even and smooth, not indicative of a lie or not. A flicker of her lip may be the only betrayal of a smile suppressed. She looks once to Dio, and then Tirgatao, and as she takes a step back, so do they, and it is when their new friends turn to lead that she leads her own back home.
Trigedasleng · Common