Cricket Creek Bog Southern Tide
housewife, also prepared to fuck you up
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
for @Desi !

jhala did not travel far from the territory in fear that tapat would follow her scent and then get lost... again. but she did need a bit of fresh air outside of the glade. she was tired and fearful for her family, and needed someplace quiet to think. there was a creek that ran outside of their territory, and she actually liked it there. it was more of a wetland, but there were so many nice, dry places to sit that jhala found it didn't feel so gross and damp everywhere she went. so she could sit by one of the creeks and just relax and think. she wasn't the best swimmer, but she didn't go but ankle deep in anyway-- if even.

today she didn't bother with getting into the water, and instead laid on her stomach and watched the creek ripple by, her ears perked in case anyone tried to sneak on past her.
7 Posts
Ooc — Killi
[table width=75%][tr][td]

Desi wandered around the bog, no real aim in her footsteps. She enjoyed water in all its forms, and so she enjoyed following the creek, listening to its whispers and watching it tumble down the pebbles and sediments of its bed. At one point, she paused for a drink, the very sight of the clear water, having melted down from snow and ice for the arrival of spring, making her feel thirsty. She leaned her pale muzzle and neatly consumed several mouthfuls, barely making any noise as she did so, such was her silence and tidiness.

When she finished, she resumed to her ordinary stance, but this time her blue eyes registered something other than the wetland. A woman, donned in fur of white and brown sugar, lounged by the creekside. Desi looked around for a second before releasing a soft chuff of acknowledgement, but she did not speak any further, nor did she approach the stranger.

[/td][/tr][/table]
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
she noted the stranger's chuff with a turn of her head. the other didn't move closer or offer any sort of conversation starter, but jhala was a friendly sort and curious. she returned the chuff with one of her own, amber eyes glowing as she eyed the stranger. her flopped ear pricked in a goofy way, but the other was perked high and cupped forward as she waited for a response.

her dark tail tapped against the soft grass a few times, her demeanor neutral and friendly still.
7 Posts
Ooc — Killi
The oddly mismatched ears pricked and the chuff was returned, both actions leading Desi to believe that she was under no threat from the stranger. A sweet smile appeared upon the blue-eyed female's lips, her tail, while lowered to show neutrality, beginning to sway. Pleased by the returned cordiality, Desi chose to greet the unknown woman. She had not spoken with a stranger in quite some time, but there was always interest to be found in meeting someone new.

Her decision made, Desi approached, leaving a respectful distance between them. Hello, she spoke softly, her smile remaining carved across her maw. I am Desi. 

[/td][/tr][/table]
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
the other approached, and jhala was pleased-- she didn't even had to move! "jhala," she returned, emphasizing the pronunciation like she had to with tapat-- it was almost a subconscious thing, just to act like everything needed real explanation... but when it came to tapat, a lot of things did need a real explanation.

"are you from around here?" jhala asked, her head cocking to the side. she didn't smell like a pack wolf, but jhala had been mistaken before.
7 Posts
Ooc — Killi

Jhala, she repeated carefully, testing the name on her tongue as well as confirming with the stranger that she had pronounced it correctly. Desi made herself comfortable, tucking her hindquarters down and curling her thick tail around her paws until she was seated. She shook her head. No, she replied airily. I am not familiar with these lands. Are you? Her ears perked curiously. She had already assumed the answer to this question, having scented many other identities mingled with the woman's own, an almost certain sign of a pack wolf.  But she asked nevertheless, for the sake of making pleasant conversation.

[/td][/tr][/table]
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
jhala nodded, but then shook her head. "sorry-- my son-- nevermind,"  she began, and quickly ended, with a quick, embarrassed laugh. desi then mentioned she wasn't from around here and jhala's ears perked again. "yeah, i actually live right next-door in the golden glade," she explained with a proud puff of her chest. the alphess nosed behind her towards the glade, her gaze lingering for a few moments before she turned back. she was a bit worried for it, but it housed her family, and it was therefore her pride and joy. "what brings you this way?"
7 Posts
Ooc — Killi
delete
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
the comment of 'endless war' sort of caught her off guard, but jhala nodded respectfully anyway. like desi did in response to her comment about tapat, she wouldn't pry, though she was extremely curious. "that's actually why i left my birth pack," she commented, showing a bit of empathy on the subject. though, again, she did not pry.

"i lead the glade with my husband reek. we're not a pack of war, by any means, but our wolves are trained guardians and warriors, so we can protect ourselves," she shared, deciding she didn't mind if the world knew that they were well trained in combat. that wasn't a bad thing, or some like, secret. it was a subtle warning to anyone who planned on invading the glade-- they would be ready. "i dunno if you have a place in mind, but the glade is always open to new members," she added, a suggestion, with a gentle shrug.