Stone Circle billowing bale of bovine fodder
even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
If you guys have time! :) @Aurora Artemis

It had been a few days since @Krypton found the puppy on the border and she can’t help but wonder if anyone has made any efforts to search for the girl’s family. If she has one at all. Adeline hasn’t left the pack territory since she’d found Nimue a while back but she hadn’t had the itch to travel again. Her family is here and Grayday is never too far from her when she needs him, it seems, and that alone is enough to make her happy.

However, she searches the territory for Krypton’s den with a rabbit hanging from her jaws. She doesn’t know if the girl can eat solid meat yet—surely she can, for she may perish without it—but she hopes between her and her pack mate, they can figure something else out. When she catches a whiff of their scent, Adeline picks up her speed to locate the den. She drops the rabbit at her feet and offers a soft chuff so she doesn’t startle them (if they are inside, of course) and waits patiently for a few moments.
do you want to break me like you were fourteen
and someone dared you to break the law?
38 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
The brown female was nice.  Although it was strange to no longer have any siblings around.  Still she had begun to adjust alright, because after all so much had changed already in her short life.

She'd been sleeping when Adeline came, but at the sound of her chuff woke up with a jolt.  She wasn't upset though, no of course she wasn't, sleep has been getting worse for her anyways lately.  For what she had been dreaming of just moments before was of blood, doom and the death of everyone she loved.

Slowly she began to make her way towards the edge of the den, watching the other curiously as the smell of rabbit filled her nose.  "Hi," she whispered, her voice quiet as she watches the other with big bright blue eyes.  To most who would not know her she would look like a normal pup, but on the inside she was filled with fear of what the next dream would hold and when she would have to adjust her life style again.
even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
It takes a few moments but eventually she sees a glimpse of someone small and she can only assume it’s the girl Krypton is taking care of. She sees her mouth move but the voice is so small that Adeline can’t hear it, even with her ears perched upon her head. She does everything she can to shrink back a little and not appear so large to the little girl. Her ears relax, she offers a smile, and she lowers herself to the ground so she isn’t towering over the opening. The plume of her tail waves back and forth slowly and she gives the rabbit a nudge.

“Hi. I’m Adeline,” she introduce in a low, soft voice. “I thought you might be hungry?”
38 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Hungry.

She was of course, for after her long walk, which she as beginning to forget q bit, food seemed like some luxurious gift from the heavens to her.  It was a truely precious item.

She glanced up at Adeline, her tail giving a small wag.  "Thank you," she whispered, but made sure it was a whisper on the louder side, because she really wanted Adeline to hear it.  She meant it anyways. Mother slowly and reluctantly she began to nibble on the delicious carcass.
even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
It takes a moment or two for the girl to do anything and that’s okay. Adeline is content waiting around long enough for her to decide it was okay. The last thing she wants to do is frighten the poor child. She can’t imagine what she’s been through or feeling in all aspects but she has known loss. Her smile tightens and she lowers her head to the ground and waits. Only when she whispers a loud enough appreciation does her tail thump several times on the ground but she keeps her body and posture low so not to make herself more into a threat. As she steps up and works on the kill, Adeline considers helping her tear it apart but she waits to see if she even needs help at all.
Won't you torture someone else's sleep?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
ooc- crazy week I'm sorry for the late post!!

krypton didn't mind sharing her den, she was used to sleeping with others by now. Hopefully the girl was warm enough, Krypton feared that she would freeze even when right next to her. The two had been asleep, Krypton was right next to her as the two slept before being awoken by a noise.

the girl shifted first, then the older woman did. Krypton groggily got up to see the small child walk to the entranc to greet Adeline who had a kill in her mouth. Krypton smiled towards her before watching the two converse before stepping towards the younger girl as the child ate.

"Thank you Adeline, the fresh meat probably tastes better than the frozen cache meat." She complimented her and thanked her, looking down at the small girl whom hadn't even shared her name.

Krypton decided to sit down next the girl, waiting for her o finish munching so the three could talk to one another. "What's your name, little girl?" She asked her gently, making sure she slouched a bit to come off as relaxed and less-frightening.
Medic: 0/10
Guardian: 0/10
???: 0/10
38 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Her name.  For a moment she cannot remember and fear begins to set in, but then it all comes rushing back to her.  At least her first and middle name does, not her last.

"My first names Aurora and my middle is Artemis..." she trails off there still quite disappointed that she can't remember her last name.  It's gone from her memory completely.  Still she can just barely grasp her Mother's name, Honey, her brother's name, Cosmos, and her sister's name, Carnation.  Still even they have begun to fade from her memory and it scares her.  "I can't remember my last name," Aurora murmurs softly.
even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
Krypton coming out of the den surprises her at first and her eyes widened, almost as if she is in trouble, but she’s soon praised for the kill. She looks down at her feet for a moment and bobs her head to the thanks, glancing toward the puppy that seems to have forgotten about the hare between them. She doesn’t urge her to eat any more than she wants to but she hopes she’s able to get a good fill in her stomach and regain some of her energy. Eventually, the girl moves on with the next question and Adeline thinks it’s a little weird she hasn’t figure that out yet but she keeps her jaws tight.

“That’s a pretty name,” she says after a few moments and thump of her tail. “You could make Artemis your last name. Or… you could take one of ours! Or just don’t have to have one.” She hopes—more than anything—that her suggestions are only options and nothing concrete. The girl doesn’t have to pick any of them or she can pick the one she like best and Adeline tries to keep her features soft and inviting to give her that feeling of chance.
Won't you torture someone else's sleep?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
aurora, such a pretty name that rolled off the tongue with such eloquence, it almost gave krypton shivers just to say such a beautiful name. the agouti looked down with gentle eyes at the small girl, exchanging a glance of pity in her eyes towards adeline before piping in.  "adeline's right, you could make artemis your last name, or even change it to one of ours." last names were not too important to krypton, in fact, she almost wanted to drop hers completely because of what dirt she and her family had on each other.

she shuffled around a bit while she sat before speaking up again. "you have such a pretty name, aurora-" she said, thinking out loud here, "aurora artemis, or aurora artemis easthollow... i like the sound of that, very elegant." she doubted the name was the biggest problem that the girl was having at the moment though. it looks like she had a rough time out on her own when her family disappeared. krypton hoped she didn't see too many nasty things the world was capable of. the beast lowered her head just a bit to hover on the left side of aurora.  "do you need anything else? water, a place to stretch your legs?"  hopefully the hospitality and the one-on-one approach would open the girl up more to be more confident in speaking and hopefully she would grow to like easthollow and all of its' members.
Medic: 0/10
Guardian: 0/10
???: 0/10
38 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
They were both turning out to be so much friendlier than she'd every expected upon first meeting either of them. She gave a small nod, as if thoughtfully considering to change her last name to Artemis.  It would really just make everything so much simpler anyways.  When Krypton offered to give her the last name Easthollow though, she still nodded, but personally just perferred Aurora Artemis.

"Okay," she began quietly, "my last name can be Artemis then."  Then she glanced nervously between Adeline and Krypton really quick, hoping that that was okay with them, even though Adeline had been the one to suggest it.

"I think I'm good for now," she replied softly, in response to Krypton when questioned.  Then she proceeded to stare outside, wondering what the rest of the pack was up to.
even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
Last from me!

Krypton offers some similar suggestions but the girl eventually splits her name in two for her identity, in addition saying she has the things she needs now. Adeline offers a warm smile and shake of her tail, a little brighter than before. It is important for the girl to make decisions for herself and she’s thankful she found a pack that will let her do so. Krypton seems to be managing her well and so she doesn’t feel the need to linger around much longer. She looks down to the rabbit, hoping the girl gets quite the feel from it before she dips her in head a bow. “Well, Miss Artemis, it is nice to meet you. I’ll see you around?” she shrugs before nodding once toward her pack member and taking her leave a moment later.