Dragoncrest Cliffs i am the sun, all life and days
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Although depression no longer plagued her, Wildfire felt quite exhausted lately. She would take it—being tired beat being down in the dumps any day of the week—but the three pups were really stretching her thin as they continued growing at what felt like lightning speeds. She was quite ready for them to be relocated somewhere more central, where more wolves could get involved in their upbringing, even if the thought triggered every possessive and protective instinct within her. For her own sanity, Wildfire knew she would have to cut the umbilical, but it would be tough.

"Yes," she answered the Heda's question, returning the gentle kiss and flashing Thuringwethil a careworn smile before turning her attention upon their boisterous trio of children. They were growing up so fast. She felt a pang when she thought of how it should have been five, not three, gathered at their mothers' heels. But then, how could she have coped with that many pups to look after? She felt a little guilty to think it but maybe they were all better off without Antler and Phoenix.

She pushed thoughts of her dead sons aside as she stepped over Robin, who had stopped abruptly in the middle of a bounce to nibble at an itch on his rump. Wildfire pivoted and ducked her head to lend him a hand (or a tooth, rather) before nudging his butt with her nose and raising her head again to peer around for any sign of her sister wife, niece and nephew.
Messages In This Thread
i am the sun, all life and days - by Antumbra - May 14, 2017, 08:34 PM
RE: i am the sun, all life and days - by Wildfire - May 15, 2017, 09:15 AM
RE: i am the sun, all life and days - by Portia - May 15, 2017, 09:48 AM
RE: i am the sun, all life and days - by Dalia - May 15, 2017, 07:17 PM
RE: i am the sun, all life and days - by Blixen - May 15, 2017, 08:28 PM
RE: i am the sun, all life and days - by Artaax - May 16, 2017, 05:27 PM
RE: i am the sun, all life and days - by Dio - May 17, 2017, 01:56 AM
RE: i am the sun, all life and days - by Sirio - May 20, 2017, 11:02 AM
RE: i am the sun, all life and days - by Antumbra - May 21, 2017, 03:52 PM
RE: i am the sun, all life and days - by Tirgatao - May 21, 2017, 05:09 PM
RE: i am the sun, all life and days - by Wildfire - May 22, 2017, 10:29 AM