Noctisardor Bypass But I'm smiling at everything
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
'It does,' he almost said. He wasn't fond of it doing that, as wolves didn't live that long. A month passing so swiftly under his nose only proved how ingrained he was in his work. That was another month stolen from him, though in perspective, he had no other choice but to let time have its due.

Cry mused over who the few wolves who actually met him. He thought of Mawk, the blonde father, mated to Illecebra, the wife and mother, and Horosk. Who else would have agreed for his rise within the pack? He doubted Horosk would have agreed, as what superior would support a rebellious inferior?

It felt as though it weren't genuine, but he could see this had meant some semblance of special to the ivoria,
so he placed a smile and a minor tailwag at the promotions mention. She spoke of how she could trust him in her times of need, but could she really? Did she really know what type of wolf he was? A hidden secret, completing circle after circle to a phantom pack, waiting until after hours to sneak off and have meetings with his uncle over the making of some pack. Already amassing a small creww of wolves in which to call a 'Family'. Did she really know who she cast the title to?

Guilt would wash over a normal wolf, it would cull the coward into a rant, a furious speech of regret, begging for forgiveness and mercy for such debauchary. But Cry felt nothing. The smile kept, and the wag continued, a methodical 'swish swish' that illustrated 'gratitude'.
Could he tell her? Or was he held back by something useless? How would this be worth her time? His? Could he keep wearing this mask long enough for his uncle to round up the wolves and information he needed? What of Leila? How would the ivory princess feel if he took away the gift he had brought her and her 'family', the healer and sitter, delicate angel Leila?
And how fast would she cast him out?

It would be strategic for him to keep the mask, and as an assassin, strategy was all he could use. He refused to war with this girl, this younger wolfess who had lost so much already. He wouldn't call his uncle on the Alphess who took him and his sister in. Even as business was just business, if she didn't know of the trade, how could he dare involve her to misery?

Icy glacials kept on the innocent sapphires of the pale girl, and he spoke seconds after her own words ended. Enough time for her to think it was the promotion he thought over, and not the entire fate of this pack.

"I do accept it, and I accept it with honor. Thank you, Gwen."
Messages In This Thread
But I'm smiling at everything - by Gwen - June 10, 2017, 11:11 AM
RE: But I'm smiling at everything - by Cry - June 10, 2017, 02:31 PM
RE: But I'm smiling at everything - by Gwen - June 10, 2017, 03:01 PM
RE: But I'm smiling at everything - by Cry - June 10, 2017, 03:45 PM
RE: But I'm smiling at everything - by Gwen - June 24, 2017, 08:47 AM