Blacktail Deer Plateau Contribution
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
This thread takes place after Morningside's recent claim of Blacktail Deer Plateau. Any wolf outside of the pack will be seen as a tresspasser.
@Grayday

Howl had finished his marking of the pack's new borders and felt as though it was another thing her could check off of his mental duties list. Even since Hearth's emerging due date, Howl felt as though he had this energy and drive to do things he had never felt before. Everything he had done the last few days had been done with the thought of his furture children in mind. Making sure their new home would be safe, making sure they would have a place to grow and the next thing he was planning on taking care of.

The pack was stable, for now. But with their current numbers, only about half of the wolves in the pack were contributing to Grayday's standers of hunter. It was true that the other half was made up of children, and and Heartha who was pregnant so it wasn't as though they were expected to contribute like the others. But it still made Howl think that their ought to be more members within the pack. 

So he set out to find Grayday and get his take on the situation to see if there was anything Howl could do about it.
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday was sniffing around the borders, making sure there were no holes in the wall of their combined scent. It seemed secure enough - their marking wouldn't keep wolves out, but it would keep his conscience clear if they had to take out a tresspasser.

The leader let out a tired woof as he caught sight of Howl. Though their first interactions had been strained, Grayday had come to appreciate and rely on the other male.

"I think that's about as good as we can do," he said to the other male, brushing his nose over the other's muzzle in greeting. He smelled just as tired as Grayday was, but they couldn't rest just yet. "Have you eaten?" he asked, wondering if there was enough energy for a good hunt, between the two of them.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
It seemed as though Howl and Grayday had the same thought in mind when he came across him marking the boarder as well. Grayday called out to Howl and he trotted up to meet Grayday. He brushed his muzzle against Howl's and commented on their work on the boarder. "Ya I think so too. For now anyway." The pack's boarder would get stronger the longer they stayed, but for now the two had made it evident that others were here.

Grayday then proceeded to ask if Howl had eaten. "No, not since out arrival. I've been working on the boarder and interior work. Making sure everything's safe and stable for upcomming events." Howl hinted at Heartha's pregancy but also left it general as his work would also benefit the pack as a whole, not just for him and Heartha.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day's ears perked at the reminder, and for a moment, food was wiped from his list of priorities. "Have y'all found a good den, yet? I can help you dig one out, if you need it," he offered, knowing that Heartha's time was close at hand. "With all the trees around here, I'm sure we'll have an easier time finding something than me and Khoe did."

His ears swivelled back as he thought about how much more difficult things would be back at the cuesta. They'd have to dig a whole new den, and it would be fairly open to the elements come wintertime. He'd been worried enough about his own children freezing, nevermind the vulnerable newborns that Heartha was bringing into the picture.

"Listen, Howl - " the male began, falling quiet for a moment as he organized his thoughts. "I really appreciate what you've done for the pack. I wasn't sure about you at first, but I'm glad you're with us. You've done what you can to take care of my family. I'm going to do what I can to take care of yours."
What's Mine is Ours
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Grayday seemed to get the hint Howl had put in there and asked about the possability of a den. "I actually started making is a few days ago. I told Heartha it was her "house warming present". he smiled at his own play on phrases. "We picked out a spot and I've dig it out already. It could use a bit more padding but other then that I think it's great." When Grayday mentioned Khoe it changed Howl's train of thought. He hadn't seen her during the move or in the new territory. He had never meet her before. Mainly because he wanted to stay clear in case it would bring up conflict with the way Howl first entered the pack.

"Speaking of which." Howl began to ask "Where is Khoe? I've never meet her, but If I'm not mistaken I don't think I saw her in our move." Howl could have simply missed her, not knowing what she looked like. Or maybe she had headed out before the pack and he hadn't seen her in the terriotry before. Either way he was curious to know what was going on.

When Grayday began talking about how appricitate he was that Howl was in the pack, it made Howl's tail wag lightly. It felt good to know that his hard work was being noticed and that his first impressions was now out weighted by his actions within the pack. It also made him glad to know that Grayday would be willing to look after him and Heartha's furture family. He knew that one of the main reasons the move happened so early was because of that, but he was happy to know that any prior hard feelings wouldn't effect them in the furture. Howl made a note that he should tell Heartha about this. She would find it even more enjoyable. "Thank you Grayday. It means alot to me, and I know it will mean alot to Heartha."
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
He was glad that all was well and good in Howl's world, but the other male brought up something that was weighing heavily on Grayday's mind. "I don't know where she is," he said, seeing no reason to hide this fact. "Khoe and I... we're not on the best terms, lately. We talked - briefly - about her going on a trip to take a break from me and the kids, but I would've thought she'd talk to me before leaving." He wouldn't be surprised if she'd left without saying goodbye just to hurt him, but it didn't bear mentioning to Howl.

"I'm hoping she'll turn up, but once we get settled here, I'm going to head out and look for her for a day or two. I can't leave the kids for long, but I owe her that much."
What's Mine is Ours
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Grayday also didn't know where Khoe was, which was surprising to Howl. For a female to just up and disappear without mentioned it to her mate or children seemed odd and somewhat rude. But Howl didn't know Khoe and didn't think to judge her too harshly without knowing her personality in person. The two's realationship was apparently strained. Howl didn't think to ask anymore questions as it much be a very personal and sensitive subject for Grayday. "Strange..." Howl remarked "but it seems like you have some grasp on the situation."

The mention of Grayday's inability to be away from his offspring for more then a few day's brough Howl back to his initial thoughts of meeting with Grayday. "I've been meaning to ask you about me possibly going out to find new members. It seems like only about half of the pack is capable of fending for themselves and with your current pups and mine comming shortly, I think we could use a few more capable hands." Howl felt somewhat nervious being this direct to the alpha of the pack about how the pack should be managed. But he thought it was a good point and instead of simply saying there should be change he was offering his services to do so.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday let out an unhappy sigh. He didn't mind Howl bringing up such things, but the thought of another packmate going out on a trip made him feel weary and strained. What if Howl didn't come back, either? What if he got hurt like Damascus, or lost like Sylvas? What would Heartha do without him, and for that matter, what would Grayday do with one less wolf to fill their dwindling ranks?

"I think that's a good idea," he said at length, knowing that their dwindling ranks were precisely why Howl had to go in the first place. "Just... be careful, okay? And check in as often as you can."
What's Mine is Ours
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Grayday let out a sign that didn't sound as though he were going to agree, but his words said another. His tone was one of displeasure but his words were direct in conveying what he ment. Howl could imagine how this might have been tough. For Howl to go out and possibly find more members for the pack he would in doing to make the pack that much smaller when he was gone. 

Grayday advised caution and asked Howl to check in as often as he could. "Thanks" he thanked Grayday for accepting his proposal and allowing him to set out of the pack to do so. "I'll keep that in mind. I'll go a few days at a time then." he said thinking of how he should check in with Heartha as well and bring her some food. Other then that he thought that the home he made her would protect her from any rain or other elements that might come into the territory in his absence. He was ready to head out to find some new recruits before he remembered he wanted to ask one more thing. "Oh right? Before I go, is there anything you would like me to look specifically for. Any trades you would like to see more of, things you don't want in an indicidual, anything like that." Howl could imagine that he wouldn't want anymore pups or currently in need wolves, but past that he thought it would be nice to ask. He also didn't 100% know if Grayday would be against younger members, yes it would do more harm then help, but pushing someone away in need if the situation occured seemed more of Grayday's decision then Howl's.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day's tail swished in thought. They couldn't afford to be too choosey, but there were certain traits that Grayday couldn't abide by. "Just as long as they're good, I don't have a problem with anyone. I won't take in anyone who's not willing to work." All wolves were servents. "If you meet and good hunters, though - you'd better really sell us," he joked, though it seemed to fall a little flat. Setting humor aside, Day fixed the other male with a serious look. "I'll take care of Heartha while you're gone," he promised, wanting Howl to be able to go out with a clear head on his shoulders.
What's Mine is Ours
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Aside from their physical abilities to work and fend for themselves and others, Grayday wanted the wolves that joined their pack to be good. Ones with no ill intentions and that wouldn't be selfish. At least thats what came to mind when Howl thought of a good wolf. Grayday emphasised the packs desire for hunters with a playful attitude. 

Then almost suddenly, and in an opposite tone, Grayday said he would watch out for Heartha while he was gone. It brought a smile to his face knowing that she wouldn't be alone. She would be safe in the den, but being safe was only part of what someone needed. Whatever it was that she would need while Howl was gone, he was happy to know that Grayday would be willing to help her with that. Howl nodded in response, "Thank you." he said sincerely before turning away to head out and recruit new members.