Hideaway Strath a softer dream - a fiercer reality
you ain't seen nothing like me yet
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
All Welcome 

Hemlock paused, a look of concentration on her face. Another sharp kick had her near winded and she let out a soft whine - no one was nearby to hear her, after all, and that meant that she could escape the scrutiny of another if she gave in to the feeling. It was more than she had anticipated and while both husband and wife were exceptionally supportive she didn't want to always bother @Lotte and @Arturo with her feelings. There was an instinct in her to find somewhere to den down, but she didn't want to disrupt the King Sequoia to take over the space as her own. That would be saved and sacred for Lotte and the next time she whelped, Hemlock wouldn't want to take that from her. She still needed to feel comfortable with her place in their marriage, as unique as it was, and that did mean sometimes she doubted what could be hers and what should stay more separate. 

She stopped, taking a seat along a small grove of trees separated off from some of the larger outliers. She had imagined this year differently, and true to form her life was utterly different than how it had been. She had the Wapun Meadow that she had loved so dearly. She hadn't made it out there, and no doubt the flowers would be dying off soon. They might already have faded into oblivion. She gave a soft little sigh, smiling at the memory. She still had so many to treasure and now - she had so many more to look forward to. 

available for naturalist and medical threads just tag her!
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

[Image: naturalist_master.gif] 12/20
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
It was a strange thing, to be alone.

Where the days before had been filled with shared excitement and exploration, silence had eked its way in and settled there. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing; the world was hardly diminished by the presence of his siblings. Dirge had been well aware that the day would come where he would be on his own and that too, had come without fanfare.

He ventured through the unfamiliar locale quiet and with well-written intent on his features—it were as though it had been implied he was heading somewhere. The truth of it was simpler than that; he was adrift and directionless with nary a cloud overhead to dampen his step, at least in the metaphysical sense.

When he saw her—and how he could miss her—she was not much more than a flash of autumnal reds against an ever yellowing green. She pulled his attention immediately, an out of place figure much in the same sense as he. Dirge hadn't encountered much in the way of others since he had left Saor and Nyx to their own devices, but that had been intentional in part to adapt.

So he broke his stride of the favored trail for one that led him closer to her. In doing so he was able to take her in more appreciatively and naturally, openly. This would have been just as hard to hide as his approach, the ground that made way for the grove and the bulk of the woodland was open. It gave him time to edge into a slower pace, his features neutral until something gave him pause and lent to him a perplexing thought. He smelled sea salt, that brackish and untamed assault in a world that was otherwise heady and, well, familiar.

"If I could be so bold to make a wager," became his opening line, "but you seem far from home."

hellohello~~ i hope it's okay that i join this