Redhawk Caldera All my life I’ve been burdened by the dreams
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin gawked at her brother as he did the same to her. Her eloquent query hung between them for a beat before he greeted her as though she hadn't just sworn at him repeatedly. Also as if this wasn't completely unexpected and mind-blowingly weird. She had never expected to see him again. She'd nearly died with the thought that their past issues would go unresolved and he would never know how sorry she was about their falling out. The thought had broken her heart. At the time.

"Oh yeah, eight times over," Fin replied with a sudden smile and brief moment of makebelieve calm, "My mate and I are just starting to discuss having our fourth litter together maybe in the Spring, but you know, we've got to prepare our pack for the coming Winter and we're having some issues with the neighbors that need to be worked out and what are you doing here, Colt?" Her tone changed at the last bit - I think you can imagine it without much description from me.

"How did you get here?" Fin continued, "What are you... Why?" The avoidance-of-emotional-conflict thing had been part of their shared characteristics - one of the reasons they'd gotten along so famously when they were younger. It didn't occur to Finley that while she had grown into a mature(ish) adult, her brother may have done the same. Maybe in a different situation when said brother wasn't staring right at her, she might have considered it a possibility. But standing in his presence, Fin found herself reverting straight back into who she'd been back when they were the best of friends - inseparable, unconditionally loyal, true partners in crime. Complete fucking morons. And complete fucking morons simply could not fathom emotional growth, which left the question... Why?

Messages In This Thread
All my life I’ve been burdened by the dreams - by Colt RIP - November 06, 2017, 09:41 AM
RE: All my life I’ve been burdened by the dreams - by Finley - November 27, 2017, 08:15 PM