Dragoncrest Cliffs The Prince And The Dragons
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Joining 
Arrille scented the smell he recognized off Furi, the scent of her pack. He looked back to see if @Seri was still following. He wasn't sure how @Furi would react to him bringng another with him, but Seri had been so kind to him. Arrille just couldn't leave her out there on her own.

After a long wait to let her catch up, as well as he was hesitant in case Furi was not here, he let out a howl for her. "The wolf that told me I could come, she should come soon." He didn't add on that he hadn't been told if he could bring another. "She's nice, she helped me out. Got me some food when I couldn't get some myself."
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
I hope it's okay I sneak in a post before Seri. If not, I can delete it and put it up after! Sorry for the ramble. <3

Furi is digging a hole through thick, winter-hardened soil. It isn’t an easy task and her toes ache from the prolonged activity but she wants to get the cache done before @Rose returns. Set several yards away from the den she’d chosen, she thought it would be nice for the girl to store her own food in it if she wanted. She had a secret spot for the best of things but she knows exactly what she’ll put in this one, too, if she ever gets to finish. With the ground so hard, it’s taking her at least twice as long to finish and she doesn’t want the other to catch her in the act so she can surprise her.

When the call is made, her eyes narrow with frustration. It’s her duty as gona to take care of the borders but Heda is back and there are plenty others, but, she realizes after several seconds that the call is for her. Her jaw tightens and she knits her brows together, staring at the best before her feet. Dirt cakes her paws. Who would be calling her? She thinks of Sif, most recently, but she doubts it to be her, and Witchbaby lives along the coast, but the voice is far less feminine than she expects either of them to be. And then her eyes widen, nearly falling over as she spins around. The half-finished cache is forgotten for the time being as she runs with everything she has in her. She has to get there before anyone else, given the recent circumstances of the last wolf she tried to help. After so long since seeing him, she didn’t expect him to come, and so her heart seizes up into her chest and she forgets to breathe.

With legs as long as hers, it does not take long to get there and she immediately sees Arrille and beelines to him. He doesn’t look as bad as when she’d seen him last and that pulls at the corner of her lips. She quickly forces it away but her tail wags, unable to fight off how much better she feels. He is still thin and it would take time, as it would with her, but she doesn’t know if the rest of Drageda will feel the same. Rose, at least, has something to offer and has proven she knows a thing or two. She doesn’t have the same luxury knowing that about Arrille but she hopes, for his sake, that he does.

“Arrille!” she chirps and moves forward, only then realizing he is not alone. Furi blinks away from him to see the other wolf and she opens her mouth to speak but little comes out but a strangled sound. The pale girl looks familiar and she stares at her for a long moment but does not say anything else for the time being, hoping for an explanation before anyone else shows up. The last thing she needs is Blixen crashing into the scene only to get upset with her again over the same damn situation.

i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
136 Posts
Ooc — Raven
That's alright

Seri had made sure to follow Arrille to their destination. Though she did wonder off at times to explore, she made sure to keep track of his scent when she did so she could return to him easily. They walked along the coast for quite awhile which was somewhat discouraging for Seri. She didn't like the coast all the much and prefered the mainland mostly. But as they neared their destination their elevation rose and it became apparent that this pack was situated on a cliff above the water and away from the annoying sand. This made Seri happy. Even though she was close to the shore it was clear that if she wanted she could stay as far away from the sand as she wanted. 

Then they stopped and Arrille called out to a female, one he described as being very nice to him in the past. She waited with him tail wagging in anticipation before a dark colored female came rushing towards them. Saying Arrille's name with cheer. Seri didn't think that she knew this wolf and so she thought nothing of it, even though the two had had a small interaction in the past.

"Hi. My name is Seri." she said with a slightly shy demenor. She was usaully outgoing but being at the door step of a pack could be rather intimidating. 
i'm still here, but all is lost
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away
*smashes in with love* B)

as blix makes her way through patrol, she finds she's still torn about what nomi told her. of course she wants to go with them to fight alongside the redhawks - and she still doesn't really care if mother will disapprove - but there's another part of her that thinks: nomi trusts me to keep us safe here, too. 

but furi's here and they're still not talking. blix hasn't even seen her lately - made all the more awful by the fact that the two redheads are friendly now so furi has to just be avoiding her to avoid her. when she catches wind of furi nearby she picks up the pace, prepared to grovel - anything to get her friend to look at her again.

but then she catches another familiar scent and a stranger's and she breaks into a run. furi's already there of course, and she sees the familiar one - arrille - and another girl. furi doesn't seem to be with them in the same way she was with rose but the gona narrows her eyes anyway, tense. "arrille?" she echoes furi, but decidedly less warmly (more confused than angry honestly), then looks at the pale girl who introduces herself as seri. blixen frowns, looking directly at furi even as she asks the pair (mostly arrille)  "why are you here?
and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille gave a small smile, even a little wag of his tail. "Hi, Furi. I came to-" he stopped when Blixen came onto the scene. "Hello Blixen, I was just saying to Furi that I came to take her up on her offer." He side glanced to Seri, then said in a low voice to Furi and Blixen, "She's left her pack, had no where else to go...plus she was so nice, I couldn't leave her out there."

He stopped there, waiting for some sort of response. He wondered if Furi would keep to her proposal, even though Arrille had brought another with him, which had not been in the agreement.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
There’s little time for Furi to get control of the situation and the moment Blixen arrives, it slips out of her grasp. The pale girl introduces herself as Seri and she tightens her jaw, forcing her gaze elsewhere while her fiery friend begins to question the situation. Her heart begins to beat a million times a minute and she tries to steady her breath and control the sinking, chilly feeling in her chest while the rest of her burns with anticipation. To make matters worse, Arrille cuts off what he’s going to say only to mention she’d given him an offer. Her ears fall back against her head and she clears her throat to try and find the words she needs to say.

Furi doesn’t have time to deal with the fact she knows Seri but she is in luck when the other doesn’t question it. She doesn’t seem to remember or acknowledge any familiarity. The girl hadn’t been in Teaghlaigh that long and has only run into her once when she was smaller. Furi had much darker fur and only her mane had begun to cry silvery tips but since then she’s more dusty silver than black. The scent of her family has long since been shed, she sighs, and she realizes it’s been an awkward pause too long.

”I told Arrille about Drageda and... and how they took me in but,” she pauses and fumbles over her thoughts, staring at Blixen to keep the connection without interruption while she reaches desperately for words her friend has taught her. ”Fou ai get na nou,” she says sloppily, missing something that she can’t remember. She only hopes Blixen understands what she means and takes pity on the situation. She doesn’t need another reason for the girl to be mad at her again, especially without recovering from the last.

Nervously, she turns to Arrille and Seri, uncertain she can even offer now, ”you’ll have to talk to the leaders though.” She keeps her eyes on the pair, afraid to turn to Blixen and catch her angry looks.
136 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Shortly after Seri got a chance to introudce herself another females approached them from the pack. She was around the same age as Seri, with a red colored coat. It seemed like she knew who Arrille was, but then asked why the two were there while looking over to the darker female. 

As Arrille spoke and explained thier situation she learned of their names, Furi and Blixen. Seri nodded along with Arrille leting the others know that she agreed with what he was saying and didn't have much to add. It wasn't that she was shy, it was just hard for her to read the situation. It seemed like all three of them knew one another in some shape or form. Furi seemed happy to see Arrille, but there was something stressing this interation. Some history between them that made Seri warry to speak. She didn't want to say anything that would upset anyone, and so she remained realativly quiet until the time seemed right, as she read what was going on around her.
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

blixen licks her lips and sighs. of course furi invited him -- it must have been while she was catching that meal, and that thought prickles her a little bit more than anything else in this situation. furi goes on and on about blix not trusting her but - does she trust blix? 

somehow she doesn't feel the same frustration she felt when furi'd shown up with rose. it helps that the other gona tries to explain in trig. it's .. it's something. "sof tombom," she mutters, looking between them. 

"sha," blix says, nodding at furi's words. furi won't look at her which kind of stings. she's not even mad, she hasn't raised her voice, like, c'mon. "heda, our commander, makes the final decision," she adds, and lifts her head to call for her nomi. she's not happy about it, but they're here and nomi's here and she trusts nomi more than anything in this world and knows she'll make the right call. she does, however, stare intently at the back of furi's head once she lowers her nose, trying to catch the other girl's eye, thinking desperately, we need to talk.
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
She hears the first call and her ears swivel forward, curious. It is strange to her that the strange girl Eske brought to Drageda has a visitor—one that calls for her by name—and she can’t help but feel the pull of her feet in that direction. She does not rust to the borders as nothing malicious comes from its origin but it is a little out of place. Thuringwethil catches Furi’s scent easily and follows after it, soon mixed with Blixen, and when she’s only a few minutes away, Blixen’s howl fills her ears. As much as she wants to try and find an answer before she gets there, she sets her worry aside and slips easily through the familiar redwoods until the overwhelming scent of two strangers has taken over.

The tension is thick between the four of them and she looks at the pale girl first and then the boy that stands beside her. She doesn’t draw much of her attention but the thin form of a ragged, tired body pulls her away. She thinks of Amekaze and Hydra and the description they’d given of the beast that has terrorized their side of the world but. It’s hard to believe that this is the wolf they spoke of, recollecting a large, fresh scar being mentioned. This stranger doesn’t bear such a mark but his sandy legs and pale fur leave her curious. Thuringwethil licks her lips and steps close to Blixen, separating her from Furi, and waits for an explanation.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille looked between Furi and Blixen, hearing both words he understand, and did not. Arrille glanced to Seri, than back to the other two. Blixen mentioned a heda, then howled for whoever that was. By how they spoke of her, she must have been the leader. And speaking of which...

A wolf came some time after, looking much older than all of them. He suspected this to be the heda, and bowed his head slowly as a sign of respect. He signaled for Seri to do the same.

"I'm Arrille...and this is Seri" he said. He had noticed that Seri had introduced herself rather shyly, and didn't want her to feel too shy. She was too nice, so now he felt it was his turn to be nice. "I was offered a..." he glanced to Furi before continuing. "A position, here. I have nowhere else to go. And neither does Seri."
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Blixen says something but she doesn’t know what it means. A quick glance in her direction doesn’t answer any questions. Instead, she agrees with her, and her ears fall back against her head. She doesn’t get a chance to say anything else—not that she has anything to say, anyway—but at least the girl doesn’t sound terribly angry. Instead of objecting, she calls for the Heda and Furi keeps her gaze on the girl longer. Maybe it’s not as bad as she’s led herself to believe but the ugly monster sits in the back of her mind and waits.

When Thuringwethil does show up, it stirs and her heart sinks in her chest. She hasn’t spent a lot of time with her and every time she has, it’s always been serious. Back when Eske brought her here to begin with and when they returned from their scouting mission. It all replays easily in her mind and she eventually turns, putting her focus on something else.

Arrille speaks up and this time the monster moves and latches onto it, finally finding something to feed on again. She sucks in a breath and her eyes widen but she doesn’t say anything, not sure how to fix it. She’d been the one to invite him to Drageda, not realizing it would be such a big deal. All she wants to do is run from the situation and hide as panic swells in the depths of her chest. Furi opens her mouth to say something but nothing comes out. Her mind remains blank and she stiffens, stares at the ground, and waits for the inevitable trouble she’s in now.
136 Posts
Ooc — Raven
She looked back and forth between Furi and Blixen as they spoke in a language that she didn't understand. She wanted to know what it was that they were saying, and made a note of it in the back of her mind. But for now she would only know what they chose to say in english. Then Blixen explained that their commander heda would make the last decision as to wheather or not they would join the pack. Seri wasn't sure but she thought that 'Heda' must be the name of their commander.

When another wolf approached she say Arrille's glance and followed suit bowing her head in respect. Before she lifted her head she heard Arrille again explain their situation, but she didn't like how it sounded. It was true that he had been offered a position, but it didn't seem as though them not having any other place to go was a good enough reason for them to stay. 

She could tell that Arrille was nervious, or shy, or soft spoken, whatever you want to call it. But deep down Seri knew that she wasn't that type of wolf. She let out a quick sign before lifting her head and taking a step forward. She stood confidently, but not in a dominat way before saying. "It's getting very cold... I've been on my own for alittle bit now, but I've mostly been hunting small prey and finding make shift shelters when I can." she took a quick glance at Arrille before continuing. "I'd like to have a more permanant place to stay... like your pack. I know I'm young but I'm willing to try and help any way I can." she said. Hoping that they would take her words honestly when considering if they would be allowed to join. 
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

blix relaxes by degrees when nomi arrives, only to tense again when arrille says he'd been offered a position. he'd looked right at furi when he said it too -- she glances at nomi to see if she'd noticed that -- but she doesn't have time to react before seri pipes up as well. amber eyes flick back to the girl, surprised by how confidently she speaks. unlike arrille the girl offers to make herself useful, which instantly wins her some points in blix's mind.

but there is still the matter of -- she doesn't want furi to get in trouble. "we - both met arrille while you were at the caldera," the gona says quickly, a little flustered, "and i said it would be okay, uh, for him to come here." she doesn't know if nomi will believe her, given how defensive she is of drageda as a general rule, but she can handle nomi's ire. the ginger glances at furi - or tries to, anyway - and back, hoping that nomi doesn't press it while they're here.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The pale boy—Arrille—speaks first and introduces his companion. Her patience wears thin the moment he explains why he’s here (she doesn’t notice the glance to Furi in particular but she can guess) and her fur bristles around her neck. She opens her mouth to say something and shut the entire thing down but the other speaks up and she forces herself to look at her, ears cupped forward and she snaps her teeth together. Arrille doesn’t offer much except whatever “position” had been offered to him but Seri steps up and offers to make herself useful without the guise of some promised spot in Drageda. She briefly wonders if they’re a pair that won’t separate.

What does surprise her, however, is hearing Blixen speak up and say she’d given him permission to come here. Slowly, she turns her slate grey gaze in her direction and studied her face. She doesn’t sound sure of her words like usual, and Furi is still silent (has she ever heard the girl speak before?), but it isn’t like her daughter to really lie but their recent conversation is still fresh in mind.

Without want for answer, she flatly asks, ”is that so.”

Thuringwethil does not wait for a response from either girl before she turns, unimpressed, back to Arrille. ”You were offered a position that does not exist,” she says after a moment, ”and you haven’t given me anything to reconsider, unlike your friend.” She glances to Seri with a slight nod of indication she can stay if she chooses. She turns to Blixen and Furi a second later, ”show Seri around. I want to speak to Arrille alone.”
Trigedasleng · Common
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille made no agreement to Seri, but in his head he did agree to her. It was getting very cold. The harsh winter of the year was coming. He looked to Seri as she spoke, then back to the other three before them, the three of Drageda. He was a bit surprised by Blixen's words, as he wasn't sure about her take on it all. He also recalled that she hadn't, and wasn't sure why she stuck up for him.

Then, the heda spoke up. Arrille was afraid of her words, glancing to the ground. Then, she asked for him to stay. 

He waited till they were gone, before he posed a question. "Uh...what is it you wanted to talk to me about?" Then he felt some more words come up he couldn't stop. "Furi was only being kind...they found me half-starved, and..." He cut himself off there.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Seri speaks up, announcing what she’s willing to do, and she feels that might do some good. Arrille hasn’t offered much but trying to get her in trouble, even if he doesn’t mean to, and she feels her stomach turn into knots. If it churns anymore, she’s sure to spill the contents of whatever she’d eaten last. A breath lodged in her throat when Blixen speaks up, staring more intently at the ground; any harder and she’d burn a hole straight through to the other side of the world.

Blixen takes the fall. Sort of. She blinks a few times, slowly lifting her gaze and turning it to her friend. The girl could have very easily said it is her fault—it is—but she takes away some of them blame. That should be enough to make it easier to breathe but she still struggles, and she looks over at the fiery girl as she fights back the painful tears welling up in her eyes. A few blinks shy them away and she eases a little closer, but it’s subtle and slow.

Thuringwethil’s voice isn’t happy and she flinches when she tells them there is no position for them. Her heart sinks to the depths of her chest in an instant but she can’t find the courage to fight back. She can find him later and apologize.

But a moment later, she and Blixen are given a command to take Seri away and leave her alone with Arrille. Nervously, she looks back at Blixen and waits for her decision to move and should she lead them away, she’ll follow along. Anything to get out of heda’s range.
136 Posts
Ooc — Raven
She didn't know how well percieved her out burst would be and though she made her statement confidently, she still worried that she might not make it into this pack. When she made her statement she didn't think that Arrille might not get in. Her understanding was that there was a position waiting for him and that she was the tag along. Especially with the other female saying that she too had offered him a position in the past. But as the leader spoke it was revealed that this said position does not exist. She begins to think that they might not be accepted as the heda talks to Arrille.

In a turn of events Seri is accepted and Arrille is asked to take a walk. She looks back at him in worry. Was he not going to be allowed to join? she thought. He had been so kind as to let her follow him here, she felt bad that she didn't say anything for him. But anything she would have said about his abilities would have been a lie essentually without having spent any time with him except to dig up bones. She looked back as the two began their walk, but followed the others showing her the way, unsure what would happen to Arrille. 
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away
sorry for the delay!

nomi doesn't believe her and the gona's ears flick back, sheepish. there's nothing she can do for it now - it wouldn't be the first time she's earned a scolding. blix can't help it. she's brash and impulsive and she does stupid shit for those she cares about.

she sucks in a breath when nomi orders her and furi to lead the other girl in - the clever girl who thought to make herself sound useful - while she talks to arrille. "let's go," she mumbles, looking at seri (it's her turn to avoid looking at furi, a blush hiding underneath ginger-furred cheeks). "i'll fill you in about drageda a little more," she adds, taking the lead among the band of girls. she's sure nomi will want an explanation later - and she's probably gonna need to talk to furi, too - but for now she can just focus on her duties as gona and a member of drageda, and get to know their second new outsider in as many weeks.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Slowly, the girls picked off from the scene. Thuringwethil watches from her peripheral vision though her slate eyes never leave the boy. She can have a more one on one talk with Seri later but there are questions she has for him she doesn’t want to ask in front of the others. Once they are gone, Arrille speaks but there is still so little to it that doesn’t impress her in the slightest. She studies his face in their brief silence, trying to look under his fur for a scar the Moonspear wolves told her about. It would be fresh and enough to cover his face, perhaps scarred but still fresh and pink. He does not.

“I have been warned of pale wolf with sandy legs,” she says with a slight point of her nose toward his legs. For only a second she breaks her gaze away, searching over the rest of him for any other signs. “Someone that attacks other wolves for no reason.” Her eyes return, narrowing as she leans forward as if she’s going to take a step but does not move her fee from the ground.
Trigedasleng · Common
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille watched as the three females left, feeling a bit nervous being left alone with the older female. Now that he was alone with Thuringwethil, the heda, and no response to his words as she examined him, he felt scared. He didn't know why.

Then she spoke of a wolf with sandy legs. He looked down, following her gaze to his legs. Then looked up when she went on that this wolf attacked others. "W-Wait, a wolf? Like me?" He immediately thought back to that wolf that looked almost exactly like him. A wolf that attacks others for no reason. Had he been so close to being another victim? Then something else came to mind. Did she think it was him?

He looked up from his legs to notice she had leaned forward, and he unwillingly took a step back. "I-It's not me. There's another, I've met him! But he never gave me his name."
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Arrille stammers over his words and steps back as she invades his space. “I know it’s not you. Is there any reason you’d look like him? What else did he give you?” she asks. There is one distinct feature that separates them but he at least knows who he’s talking about. She runs the risk of him lying to her but she’s seen the desperation before, in each flick of his eyes, each attempt he makes to broaden their distance. It’s been a long time but she enjoys the stroke of the flame. “Where are you from?”
Trigedasleng · Common
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He had to think about it. He had thought a lot on why they looked so alike, and Arrille's father had also met the other. He'd spoken of Arrille's father to be dead, however. "I don't know...he told me that he knew my father, that he was dead...but besides that, nothing else."

Thuring asked where he was from, and as far as Arrille could tell, he did not know the direction his birth pack was in. "Neverwinter Forest. My family pack. But it's gone..." A question came up in his head, and he just had to ask. "This wolf that looks like me, what did they do? Who did they hurt?"
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Thuringwethil doesn’t know much about the culprit other what little Amekaze has given her. She knows he had a hand in torturing Wildfire, though the details are vague, and looking at Arrille doesn’t give her he feeling to tear him apart. His similarly means something, or it doesn’t, but neither of them is going to know. The Woods wolf might as well be his brother if he knows his father, or it is a trick being played instead of the typical physical torture he’s been known to offer.

Neverwinter Forest. It is not a name she knows, nor information Eske brought back with her during the first scouting trip. By the looks of the loner, it likely disbanded long ago. If he were anything to worry about, he'd likely look better than he does now. Furi had taken pity on him, in a way she doesn't expect out of Blixen, but she is curious enough to entertain the thought a little while longer.

“A wolf from Moonspear. One of ours. I suspect more than that,” she says, though she lingers on the thought. “Do you know anything about Blackfeather Woods?”
Trigedasleng · Common
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
As Thuring went into her thoughts, Arrille went into his own between words. Had the wolf hurt someone from this pack? And if so, would others look at him the same way, suspiciously? He was becoming increasingly worried. 

He was correct in his assumptions, but there was something else that came to mind. "Moonspear?" That's where Maude had left him. "I...I've been there. But they didn't seem cautious about me then..." Had it been after? It was so much to wrap his head around, a doppleganger hurting others. "I don't think so. Is that where they are from?" he said.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Arrille doesn’t have anything else to offer and she is sure she can word her questions in different ways and get the same answers. She can only approach a topic a certain way so many times and he won’t have the answers she’s looking for. His relationship with the wolf with a warning is unknown and she can make her own assumptions based on the information and surely he has more irrelevant to this moment that he can come to his own conclusions. The fact he's been to Moonspear once before gives her a little softness and she notes to mention it should she ever see one of the mountain wolves again. Hopefully soon.

“Yes,” she says smoothly, licking her lips. She makes no more attempts to keep the conversation about the lookalike going when he’ll continue to prove to be useless. “Furi was wrong to offer you a spot here, but you haven’t given me any reason why I should make an exception,” she explains with a quirk of her brow, expecting something else for him to offer. The girl he’d brought along seems to know how to appease for a moment, enough to slip by while her focus is on him. She narrows her eyes a little but otherwise remains stoic, waiting for whatever he’s has to offer this time. Second chances aren’t a common thing.
Trigedasleng · Common