Ravensblood Forest When I was a boy the Dead Sea was only sick.
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen

Julooke had spent the last several days exporing Horizon Ridge. Today, however, she wanted to explore the surrounding areas. She headed west, opting to stay inside the forest. For the first part of her trip, she decided to run. She found it very invigorating and was rarely too tired to do it. Her jaw was open and her tongue lolled out of it as she darted past trees, dodging bushes and leaping over fallen trunks.

Slowly, she came to a walk and put her nose to work. There had been wolves in the area, but the scents were strong enough for them to be recent. That meant she should be safe enough wandering around. Her eyes caught sight of a huge sequoia tree that appeared to have a large hole in the base of it. Approaching, her nose did overtime, inhaling any and all information she could. She wasn't the first to find this little cave, but she didn't think anyone was inhabiting it at the moment. She stuck her head in. All clear! It was big enough for her to turn around, plus probably another wolf, though it would have been a snug fit. She sat, facing the entrance. It would have been a nice place to hide if she were playing hide and seek. She waited, foolishly hoping someone, or something, would happen by.

20 Posts
Ooc — Chelle
Pan had his nose to the ground, sniffing for a tasty surprise. Sometimes he enjoyed hunting field mice for the sport, but today he was hungry for a snack. He was stopped in his tracks when his head hit a nearby boulder. He fell back on his rump. Eeeee. He squealed, in pain and embarrassment. He looked around quickly, hoping nobody saw his clumsiness. As he looked up he saw some movement in the cave ahead. He stared for a while, crouching low in the tall grasses around him to make sure he was hidden. Noticing that it was a potential friend, he hopped up jauntily and trotted over to the cave. Hello! He said joyfully. Forgetting his hunger for a moment, he concentrated on making his way to the cave...
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
[size=medium]Julooke's ears perked when she heard a squeal. The pitch was distinctly fox-like, but instead of checking things out, she decided to stay where she was. It didn't sound like it was far, so maybe the creature would come strolling by her. She shifted just slightly to get a little more comfortable, unknowingly giving her position away.

Julooke craned her head to get at an itch on her side. All of a sudden, a voice right in front of her had her head jerking forward. She was right! It was a fox! To be honest, Julooke's experiences with foxes as a pup were very negative (one had tried to eat her!). But these days, she knew she was bigger and they were not longer a threat. She even found out they were quite fun to play with. Julooke chuffed in response, thumping her front legs on the ground, her butt wiggling in the air behind her. It was the universal "I want to play" sign. [/size]
20 Posts
Ooc — Chelle
Pan pricked his ears forward. My, my is she quite adorable. He thought to himself. He wriggled his butt in the air and pounced, disappearing in the tall grasses near the mouth of the cave. He popped back up and yelped in joy. I'm Pan! He said bounding forward brightly. Pan loved finding new playmates, being a fox was a relatively solitary life. Sometimes he thought he should have been born a wolf, considering how social he was. Alas, he was born to be a sly and curious fox which he supposed suited him well enough.
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen

It seemed the fox was in the mood to play, as well, for which she was glad. He pounced into some tall grasses, and she slipped out of the cave, trotting over to where he disappeared. She could smell him, but couldn't see him. Her ears were perked, waiting for movement, her tail high and wagging, and her tongue lolling out of her mouth. All of a sudden, he popped out of the tall grasses, sending her back in surprise with a playful yelp.

He introduced himself as Pan, and she smiled. I'm Julooke! she responded. He bounded forward, and so did she, but she didn't stop. Instead, she ran past him, attempting to slightly bump his hip with her nose. She hoped he would chase her.

20 Posts
Ooc — Chelle
Pan chuckled and chased after her. He bounded and hopped through the tall grasses. You're quick but not quick enough for the fox! He said and laughed playfully. When he finally felt he had caught up to her he attempted to playfully nip at her ears, hoping for a playful wrestle.
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
[size=medium]

It had been a while since Julooke had a good wrestle. Between both Julooke and Verrine tending to pack duties, they hadn't allowed for much of any time together, let alone fun time.

Julooke giggled. In all honestly, she probably was faster, but it was no fun not getting caught! It seemed Pan had the same ideas she did as he nipped at her ears. Her head lowered, she attempted to playfully bite his forelegs.

She plopped down onto her side, then rolled onto her back with a playful growl, her legs flailing in the air.

[/size]
20 Posts
Ooc — Chelle
Pan yelped with glee as he jumped ontop of Julooke. "Got ya!" He said and giggled. He felt powerful wrestling with a wolf that was quite a bit bigger than he was. Pan was never ferocious or vicious...he was just a big ball of furry love. "The feroooocious fox!" He yelled gleefully.
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen

The playful fox pounced onto her, and Julooke let out a gush of air, acting like he had knocked it out of her. She couldn't hold the facade, though, and started laughing. Oh, no! she exclaimed. He's gonna eat me! That sentence was doubly funny since she had almost got eaten by a fox as a pup. She squirmed, turning onto her side, and raking her nails into the dirt, trying playfully to get away. She didn't care that her fur was getting covered in dirt, grass, and leaves. That just made it all the better.

20 Posts
Ooc — Chelle
Pan hopped up and down joyfully. Then he suddenly saw an orange and black colored butterfly go past him. Lets chase it! He said in determination. He darted towards the butterfly which, possibly knowing it was being chased, sped up and flew side ways and zig zagged all over. Pan looked behind him to see if Julooke was following. Chasing butterflies was a favorite past time of his. One time, he even snatched one in his mouth but it tasted horrible so he spat it back out. He thought it ironic that something so beautiful would taste so bitter. C'est la vie. He thought to himself.
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen

All of a sudden, she felt the weight lift off of her, and Pan was excitedly chasing a butterfly. Julooke hadn't found butterflies interesting enough to chase since she was a puppy, but she really wanted to continue playing. Getting to her paws, she trotted after Pan. She tried snapping at the butterfly, but it was quicker than she anticipated, and kept changing directions too quickly. She backed off a little, letting Pan take the lead in this "hunt."

20 Posts
Ooc — Chelle
The butterfly was too quick for Pan's legs to follow for much longer, besides he was getting a little out of breath. He wasn't a sprite pup anymore. He slowed to a stop and then plopped in the grass, laughing and catching his breath. Too quick for the fox. Pan said and sighed. Ah well, next time I'll get 'em. He smiled brightly at Julooke.[/b]
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen

Suddenly, Pan's body seemed to catch up with him. He plopped down in the grass, and she did the same next to him. He smiled at her, and she smiled back. Yeah, you will! she exclaimed. He'll rue the day he ever teased you! She giggled at herself, her tail softly thumping the ground behind her. In effort to get to know her new friend a little better, she asked, Did you grow up here?

20 Posts
Ooc — Chelle
Pan shook his head. I grew up by the seashore. My mother loved the ocean and couldn't bear the thought of her pups growing up anywhere else. Pan was devastated when it was time to leave his mother. But he knew he had grown and it was time for him to continue on his path alone. His mother had done her job and it was now time for him to do his, live and survive. He hadn't seen her in quite some time, but he knew she was safe and that was all that mattered. Where are you from? He asked curiously.
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen

He opened up, saying he had grew up on the beach, a spot his mother had chosen. Have you ever tried crab? she asked. Growing up on the shore, he probably had. I just tried it for the first time the other day. It was delicious! She had plans to go back soon and gather up several for her pack mates, figuring maybe they would like to try something different, as well.

I grew up in a pack called Sterrenvuur. It's pretty far from here, though. I left after my parent passed away, she answered. She hated saying those words, but she had to get used to it. Now I'm with a pack called Horizon Ridge, just east of here, she added.

20 Posts
Ooc — Chelle
Pan grinned widely. Of course! Crab is delicious if you can manage to catch them without getting pinched. He chuckled. As he heard Julooke's story of her past, he frowned. I'm sorry about your loss. He sighed, thinking of how devastated he would be to hear of his mother's death. And how is pack life? He asked after a moments pause. Being a solitary creature, Pan knew little of pack life and felt curious.
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen

She nodded in agreement, Yeah, getting pinched sucks! Technically, she hadn't experienced getting pinched by a crab, but one day she would and she did know it would suck. We should go crab hunting one day, she said. Having a partner always helped when hunting anything.

He was empathetic about her story, and she smiled softly. Thanks, she replied. She didn't like to talk about it much, and she refused to talk about the day it happened, but she still liked talking about her parents themselves. Pack life is good, she said, her tone picking up. Easier than being a traveler, that's for sure. I like my leaders, and the pack mates that I've met so far. She hadn't met them all yet, and she knew she needed to. Glancing over at the fox, she asked, Do you have any family around here?

20 Posts
Ooc — Chelle
Pan shook his head. My littermates don't like coming back to the sea too often. He said solemnly. It reminds them of mother and they tend to be quite sensitive. He shrugged and perked his ears forward. But the ocean reminds me of mother too but instead of being sad about missing her, I feel happy for knowing her! He chuckled a little.
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Fade soon? Maybe they can meet again, sometime? :-)
Edited 06/22: I'm going to go ahead and fade this here, if you don't mind, and have it archived. If you have any problems with what I wrote, let me know and I'll change it. :-)

He confided in her the reason his siblings didn't want to go back to the shore, and she found herself wholly understanding. I'm sorry for your loss... I lost both of my parents recently, she responded. It still seemed like yesterday. I left home after they passed... It was hard being where I had been able to see them everyday, but now couldn't... I go back, though, to visit my family. If Verrine hadn't suggested they go somewhere else, it was likely she would still be there. Would she be the wolf she is today, though? It had taken much time to get her bubbly personality back, and most of that was being around him. He had shown her what there was to still live for. She smiled to her new foxy friend, It's good that you remember her fondly. I know she would be proud of you, she said. What mother wouldn't?

They spent a little more time playing before Julooke felt the need to head back home. While she dearly loved to play, she knew her priorities were the pack, and she didn't want anyone to think she was skimping out on her duties. She thanked him for the play time and allowing her to relax, letting him now she hoped they would run into each other again soon. With that, she headed off towards home.