Moonspear but i know about one thing i got to do
parts of stars, parts of legends
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
All Welcome 
Although he was never involved so directly, he sensed the tumult in these times. The absence of Galaxy was the one that stung him the worst of all, but by now, after a little while had passed.. he was starting to adjust to no longer seeing her around. It still made him sad to think about, if he let himself, and it didn't feel right. It was weird.. just like everything else.

And it had everything else still off-kilter, although he knew there was so much more to it. He was fresh off a wicked rejection for company from his mother, but he had been awfully bouncy and she had been very much not in the mood for him--clearly. So, Jarilo sulked off towards the borderlands and was trying to come up with a new plan for what he was going to do with himself today. Since it had become a bit of a routine, he caught himself drifting towards one of the spots he usually met up with @Rannoch near.
[Image: FTnkWJH.png]
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tomorrow, Alya decided, she'd go out to see Vaati once more. Moonspear had become a little too gloomy for her to handle, and after a good nights sleep, she'd have to set off once more. For now, though, she stalked the territory, hoping to catch up with what remained of her family unit.

Bright, blue eyes tracked Jarilo's movements through the trees. Alya followed as closely behind him as she dared, not quite sure yet whether she'd continue to spy on him or simply pounce. He seemed to be moving purposefully, and she was curious about where he was headed - but not enough interest to be patient, she decided.

With a wicked grin, the girl lunged at her younger brother, wondering how well (or if at all) he'd fend off her attack.
i can't help but be my own god
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
He was pretty sure he smelled the grayscale sitter around here somewhere, or he had been through not too long ago, so Jarilo kept his paws moving on forward after touching his snout down next to a pawprint in the snow. He wasn't really in a big rush to anything, although he wouldn't complain if he did figure out something soon, and of course he didn't know he was being followed by one of the shadows.

Not until it was too late. When she descended upon him, he gave a startled yap and spun into a kneejerk defensive maneuver that included speedily getting away and tucking his rump in close so hopefully she could get at less of him. When he could face her, he realized with a gasp what was going on. Almost. There were three wolves this could be, so he had to be sharp. His dark (fluffier than they had ever been!) hackles rose up tall. "What!" he yipped as he tried to move back more, and showed his teeth (playfully) back at her with some snaps. He hadn't been prepared at all, more sulking and less stalking.. so keeping a little distance between them suited him until he got a grasp on where this was going.
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya charged after her brother, heedless of his posturing. Her ears were pressed forward atop her head as if to say she meant serious business but her lolling tongue and the sparkle in her eyes told a different story. And, when Jarilo tucked tail and ran, the dark girl slowed her pace enough that she never caught up to him quite all the way - the game was prolonged this way, and her brother would hopefully gain the courage to snap back.

In the meantime, the dark woman aimed the occassional nip or snap at Jarilo's hindquarters as he led her on a merry chase. She was not likely to lose interest anytime soon, evidenced by her thrashing tail and tireless gait.

"Fight me," she whined, trying to catch Jarilo's tail beteen her teeth - it would be much easier if it wasn't clamped to his bottom.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
Maybe more than most, he was used to this kind of thing thanks to growing up with wolves like them and mama. He still hadn't got over the race to his heart when he was come upon with such a rush like this.. especially when she kept after him, lacking no tenacity. Overwhelmed was putting it nicely sometimes.

Doing his best to tuck his butt as far beneath himself as he could only helped so much. He still got pinched and she still stayed close, so he got tired of that tactic quickly when it wasn't working well enough to save him. Now that he had his bearings about him better, and his ears swung curiously to her whine. Really?? Annoyed with another new nip on his rump, he skidded to a big obnoxious halt and an exasperated half bark, half battlecry of "Okay!!" and spun back at her, launching himself forward teeth first at hers to try to clank their jaws together. With a vicious snarl his tail waved wildly, and he was starting to get a little bit better at this, so he tried to take away some of her momentum too.. in case she'd use it against him.

He didn't know why she wanted it to be like this, but if she was going to bear down on him so intensely, he'd just have to bite back. She'd asked!!
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Finally! thought Alya, skidding to a halt just behind Jarilo. She wasn't quite quick enough and her chest bumped into his hindquarters just before he was lunging for her face. Their teeth were crashing together a moment later, bringing the tast of blood into Alya's mouth as something got damaged. The dark woman paid this no mind and only growled in appreciatively as they jaw wrestled. Jarilo was getting bigger, and soon enough he'd stand a pretty good chance at beating at least one of the Cerberus, even if Hydra would likely remain out of his league for some time.

When she got bored with this, Alya tried to box him on the face with a heavy paw.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
He liked to throw his teeth around and gladly kept up with that until she got a paw involved to complicate things. If that was how it was, he tried to mouth at that very paw some to express his stance. Next he growled some unnecessary extra complaints over paw-in-the-face while he was at it before he finally gave up and maneuvered himself away, out of immediate reach of more.

His tail whipped and determined to try to keep the pace hot, he sprung forward in a tiny arc around her, biting towards her legs, underbelly, and the spaces next to them for his next move.
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya's tail was wagging as well. This was much more a game to her than a sparring session, and when he leapt back to go on the offensive, she answered his nips with bops to the face and nose. This earned her quite a few toothmarks on her inky black paws, but she wouldn't notice this until later.

"Why do you keep running into my paw?" she taunted with a giggle that was almost good-natured, skipping backward as Jarilo harried her with his teeth. "Whoops, too sl- ow!" Less taunting, more dodging, she thought wryly, surprised at how much that bite smarted. But she wasn't about to give up yet, and after hinting at flagging stamina by allowing Jarilo to land a few (painful!) nips, she flung herself at him teeth bared, aiming for where his skinny neck met his shoulder. It looked like it could use a big sister to chomp on it.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
Despite his efforts, she still kept him at a good length. Nothing he was doing seemed to make any real headway. She had control of the situation, and it showed in every second. Jarilo sprung, she deflected him with paws, motion, whatever else she had around--it didn't matter, she did it, and he was going to wear himself out if he kept at this to little or no reward; the contact he could make wasn't worthwhile enough, even if for a second he thought it might be. It wasn't adding to anything and although he did come with lots of energy, it wasn't endless. He knew. "You keep.. putting them.. on meee," he complained back between panting huffs and extra fierce teeth-snips.

She still had this, and startled him when she came for his neck. With a jerk, starting with his nose, he aimed to spin enough out of reach but wasn't quite as fast as he needed to be. She caught his fur, along with some skin where neck met shoulder. He growled about that, too, and yanked away out of reach harshly with a sting on his skin.

Smarting a bit, he made sure to remember to tuck his tail when turning it her way.. even for the smallest of seconds. He soon arced back, trying to spring towards her with his own paws swatting her way obnoxiously first. He only got so close before he feinted away again--seeing if she'd still come after him now as he bounced roughly another length off.
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya was quick to release her brother when he made to jerk away. She was not able to save him entirely from the burn of her fangs, but he was an Ostrega - he'd live. Such thoughts were quickly deserted in favor of falling into laughter over her brother's complaint. Something about the way he'd said it was entirely too endearing to the cold-hearted woman.

"Hey!" she complained when her preoccupation cost her a firm smack on the nose. She darted after him, this time with less intent and far more playful bounciness. "Come back here, you little shit!" she ordered.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
His ears stuck back tight against his head as she laughed at him but he didn't care. He was too focused on being his fiercest, and trying to avoid the worst of her returns. It was all a very delicate balance, yet so rough at the same time, that he had to master if he ever wanted to stand a chance here.

But not only that..his defense, and finesse, certainly needed work. Snickering loudly when she called him a little shit, he barked back loudly--quite happy to live up fully to a nickname like that: "NoPE! Gotta stop me first," he sprang away with a big ugly grin on, and just to sass, threw in a few exaggerated bucks in the process and when he was done kicking up his heels he tried to earnestly dart out of range again.
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya darted right after him, raining down nips when she got near enough, but never catching anything more than gunmetal-blue fur between her teeth. That was okay, though. It felt nice just to be running, and to have a companion running alongside her.

Okay, away from her, but she was pretty sure Jarilo knew it was all in good fun.

Eventually, though, the dark woman's pace slowed. She was gearing up for her second year, and the eternal energy of youth was already beginning to leave her. Although she was in peak physical condition and could likely keep up the chase if she tried, there was no reason to tire herself out.

"Can't," she called after him. "You're too fast for me."
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
"HHMMM???" he hummed loudly back at her when he realized she was slowing up and he was getting less pinches on his butt (which that part was fine, the last of pursuer was not). Without being chased, he let off the top speed too but since he was no stranger to ambushes of all shapes and sizes, his guards were still up. "Well alright!" he barked and wiggled his rump with an obnoxious prance on again. "Maybe I could slow up a little," the boy offered, and returned to her for a quick bout of jar-spar attempts before eventually settling himself down to something far more reasonable. With that out of his system, he may even make for better company anyway.

He was pretty satisfied with that and was itching for a good wandering now. Although he adored her presence and the romp entirely, it was now onto the next thing. Jarilo would set off to cover some ground with or without his sister next. He hoped she would come too.. but he was a lot to deal with today; she was better off elsewhere.