King Elk Forest everyone else that it hits, that it gets to-- is nothing more than collateral damage
see my heart, i decorate it like a grave
119 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
Joining 
@Delight and maybe @Burke but anyone else is welcome too obviously :0
Nathaniel had taken much time to think since his meeting with his father-- to heal, too, and restore his strength before he went through with his (really rather foolish) plan.
He would need to be at his best if this pack would accept him.

He approached the border slowly, not as confident as he would have liked to be; he still wasn't sure he wanted to do this at all. To join, to possibly stay, with his only real reason being Burke. Nat lifted his head and howled for an audience with the leader, faintly hoping his father would not come too. He wasn't ready for his father to know that he had decided to stay. The reason was all too obvious, and it made Nat distinctly uncomfortable.
i've eaten the sun,
so my tongue has been burned of the taste

Mona is allowed in ALL of Nathaniel's threads, including private ones.
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

he's getting better at identifying that rochester scent -- which makes sense given he's in love with one and frequently encounters others on a regular basis. he approaches the new stranger-rochester held aloft -- he's also getting better at appearing at least to carry some authority -- glancing to the pale spots over his eyes. burke has the same little eyebrows. he can't tell at a glance how the men are related (but he worries, suddenly, that this is mato's father and then he has to make a good impression).

"this is tindómë," he starts, then says, "you're related to burke and mato, i assume?"
119 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
The tiny thing approached him with authority, and Nathaniel was briefly caught off-guard; surprised that this was who answered his call. But the practiced stoicism of a soldier had not left him, and it didn't show on his face. Though he couldn't help but wonder-- this was who Burke bowed to now? Nat decided old age must have softened his father more than he originally realized.

The boy's question didn't surprise him much; if there were so many of his kin here, it would be easy to recognize. Name's Nathaniel. Burke is my father. He answered easily with a dip of his head. But I have yet to meet my nephew, Mato.

Eager to be through with the initial meeting, he began to explain his purpose. I ran into Burke by chance recently; we have been separated for some time. I wish to offer my services here, in exchange for a place among you-- I would be grateful for the opportunity to remain by his side during his final days. Nat paused, unused to speaking so much. In my previous pack I served first as a soldier, then as general of the army. That is where my strengths are-- and hunting.
i've eaten the sun,

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

nephew. delight relaxes a fraction but does not lower his stature. he wonders if it's coincidence that nathaniel is here and if he should warn him of his father's condition, but before he has the chance, the man goes on and confirms he's aware. whether or not he wants to stay past burke's death is unclear, but delight's not going to deny him that right. besides, maybe it'd be good for mato to have family here -- sure, nova's around, but she's so quiet he doesn't know how much comfort she can offer her brother. "of course," the morwinyon says simply, nodding. "we can always use some extra strength." he doesn't add and i'm sure burke will appreciate it because somehow, knowing the old grouch, he won't (at least outwardly).

he steps aside to allow nathaniel entry and says, "i can take you to his den." that burke had wandered off outside tindómë is .. concerning, but he's not gonna stop the old man from doing what he wants in his final -- however long. he can't resist, though, asking "did you know mato's father then? sebastian?" because when does he not seize an opportunity to steal a bit more of the rochester's family history?
119 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
Imperceptibly, Nathaniel released a breath he didn't know he had been holding. So it was done, then, and he was now a member of this Tindómë. He didn't know yet for how long; Burke's remaining days had no solid number, and the ex-soldier wasn't even certain he'd leave once his father died.
Mostly because he didn't know where he'd go-- to seek Sebastian, perhaps. But it was a question for the future, and in the here and now there was a question being asked other than his own. He paused for a moment, wondering what the boy's interest was in his brother.
Oh, yeah, Seb. He was my littermate, we grew up together. Nat answered nonchalantly, hiding his own curiosity at the odd question. I'm afraid anything I can tell you about him would be outdated now; haven't seen him in ages.
After a beat of hesitation, the ex-soldier crossed the borders into the pack's territory, casting a grateful look to the tiny boy who had answered his call.
I owe you a debt for this kindness, and I intend to repay it in full. Any task you have for me, you need only point me to it. He promised solemnly, then added in a suddenly wry (but not unkind) tone: Do you have a name, or should I call you Alpha?
i've eaten the sun,

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

littermates, even -- outdated information is still information, but he doesn't push it for now. he shrugs off the offer nathaniel makes. it's useful to know, but they aren't exactly in the middle of a war. "morwinyon," delight corrects before his question fully processes. oh. duh"my name is delight singing-sunlight," he introduces, only a little sheepishly, and with that, takes nathaniel into the territory to where burke and mato rest.