Firestone Hot Springs Ladidadida
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody

He stood at the edge of the springs, staring at the mountain. Could he make himself go up there again...This question ran through his mind again, as did the promise he made to Mara. He did need a place to stay. But he also knew he was close. His story had an end, and he knew that the chapters were running in high numbers. 

If it had been a year ago, he would have been very afraid. But now, as he looked at his reflection, the many scars he beared that made his face almost unrecognisable, the many wounds that had been inflicted. He knew when it came, he would be ready. A thousand times over.
Won't you torture someone else's sleep?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
ooc: apologies for the late post, thread backdated to a couple of days ago before she sees Grayday ^^

Her paws ached, but that aching feeling is what kept her going. Pain with each step, as much as her body begged her to stop moving, she just couldn't force herself to stand still. She needed to get back, back home, back to the wilds she claimed as hers, back to the place where sweet memories lay, waiting for new ones to join them. Why Krypton left, she may never know the answer herself, she was a flighty woman after all, but leaving behind her family and friends -- all for what?

A dark atmosphere hung around the earthy-toned lady. She trudged through the snow, her body looking on the more gaunt side than what others have seen her before. Mottled green and yellow eyes stayed glued to the ground as she lumbered along, crisp and cold air chilling her bones and making her shiver. This was miserable, it had to be miserable for her. She deserved it, all of it, the brute force of weather and a reality check. Perhaps then Krypton would start thinking logically instead of just letting her heart run rampant.

She didn't even notice the familiar scent until her paws gave in, making the woman somersault forward and collapse into the snow with a loud 'ploof' and 'crunch' noise. Krypton tried to pick herself up, though her body wanted her to stay put. It wasn't snowing at the time, and if anything, she needed to rest. Krypton, for once listening to her screaming body, stayed put and finally had the chance to take in the scent as well as the sight around her. What caught her attention at first was the wolf only a few yards in front of her a wolf who looked familiar and smelled familiar too. Who was it? She couldn't tell who it was because she couldn't see their facr.
Medic: 0/10
Guardian: 0/10
???: 0/10
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska kept his eyes to the mountain, as he could not gather the scent of anyone, or anything nearby that could divert his attention. Though he swore he could hear something, something that stuck out opposed to the pools of bubbling of the springs. He slightly turned his head to see someone, and they did not look too well.

With aching muscles, he made his way over towards them. "You need help?" he asked, once he was close enough. They looked familiar, but he could not place their name, not like he had with Grayday. "You don't...look so good." One could say the same about Chaska as well.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
It seemed her fumbling and tumbling like an idiot caught someone's attention, she could hear a set of paws coming towards her near vicinity. Droopy-eyed and tired, Krypton barely lifted her head up to see who was coming. Even as they came forward, she couldn't quite name the wolf. However, when she heard its voice, his voice, something in her mind clicked almost instantly. A voice that greeted her when she was young and bright and full of life. A voice that switched personalities. A voice that she was best friends with. A voice who left for another.

Chaska.

She struggled, visibly and mentally, to force herself to get up. Wobbling like a fawn standing for the first time, Krypton steadied herself before locking eyes with the grey male. He looked quite different than what she remembered, perhaps it was the new scars and the different aura he had surrounding him. But she was sure it had to be Chaska.  "C-C-Chask-ka?" she asked in a quiet whisper as if talking was a crime. Her head was low to the ground, her shoulders slumped as her tail hung close to her legs.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska knew he knew this wolf, it was at the back of his mind. But whoever it was, they weren't in the best condition. He knew that Grayday's pack was near, but he wasn't sure if Grayday knew them as well. 

Then they spoke his name, which caught him off guard. And the name came forward to his mind. "Oh god...Krypton...I-I'll get something, just...just stay here!" He went off to find something for her, anything, and found the frozen over corpse of a half eaten hare. It was better than nothing as it pulled it along. 

He dropped it before her, and poked her shoulder with his nose, nosing her for any injuries. "Krypton, what happened?"
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
He recognized her. Dear god, he remembered who she was. That alone was a miracle to the tawny gal, she was afraid everyone would've forgotten who she was. Seeing someone she was close to here with her, Krypton could almost start to cry. She said nothing when he ran off, but when he came back and touched her, she nearly shied away from it. It was strange to be in such a close proximity to another considering she'd been isolated for who knows how long. All she can really remember during those blurry times was that she was alone, she was hurt, and she couldn't get over the past.

Her ears swiveled forward when he asked her what happened. She didn't know what truly did happen. Did she just leave? Was it something out in the wilderness that drew her away and then pushed her back? Whatever this force was, she wanted it to end. It wasn't something she wanted to continuously happen anymore if anything, she wanted this calling to stop completely. She was done with running around for no reason and leaving behind all she loves. 

"I-I-I don't know..." she replied in regretful voice, "something outside c-c-called to m-me. I-I left a-and --"  she choked up as if she was about to start sobbing. She pushed her head against the side Chaska's neck, whimpering quietly.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska looked her over as she began to speak. She looked terrible, and so did Chaska though, but he was still standing. He could manage, but he knew that Krypton couldn't, not alone. Then she put her head against his neck as she sobbed. "Hey Kryp, it's all right, okay? It's all right, you're here now." He wanted to cry to, to say he was sorry. Sorry for ever leavin,g for turning his back on Easthollow. But he held back his own feelings, believing that Krypton was dealing with enough. "We need to get you some place safe, okay?"

He lifted his head about, in some way hoping someone else strong enough to perhaps carry her was nearby. But he saw no one. "I'll stay here with you until you have the strength to move. There's this hare for you if you need it" he said, before finally lying down on his belly.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
His words reassured her shaking form, though even they couldn't heal the wounds she has endured over the time she was out facing the world alone. Composing herself enough to the point where she no longer wanted to hide in Chaska's neck, Krypton weakly pulled herself back. Her glassy eyes glazed over Chaska's form, seeing that he too was banged up. She didn't know what happened to him or Evelyn after the couple left, besides him being turned away for turning his back on Easthollow. The woman had left him, though she decided to not linger on that thought, she didn't exactly have the best relationship with the lady, to begin with.

Absent-minded, Krypton began to try and eat some parts of the frozen hare Chaska offered to her. It was like eating a brick, rock solid and hard to swallow. However, Krypton had to be grateful for the opportunities she had been offered, nothing could be wasted now. Finishing up what she could keep down, she turned to Chaska and quietly asked him something. A small question, but one that could possibly cause a bullet hole in him.

"W-W-Were you l-lost too, Chaska?"

What did she mean by "lost"? Did he simply lose his way home and was just wandering? Or did he lose something, something apart of him, something that compelled him to search for it endlessly? Whatever the case may be, Krypton hoped Chaska didn't have an awful time like she did.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska paused for a moment when she asked that. Hesitantly, he nodded. "But don't worry about me, all right? Worry about yourself, I'm fine. Re-" He turned his head away as he let off a dry series of coughs. "I'm fine, okay? You worry bout yourself." As he looked about once more, he recalled when he had met Grayday. He turned in the direction of where he remembered Morningside being.

"Once you're able, there's a pack nearby. Go there to get help, okay?" He would stay with her, but he also wanted to get back to what he was doing. "I'll...I'll stay with you till then."
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
"You're a g-good man, Chaska." She tried to say it a little louder than a whisper, but her throat felt weak and burned like a fire was dancing in her stomach. Krypton thought of all the good moments she had with him; their strange encounter and weird friendship that finally began to blossom after. She wouldn't give those precious memories up for the world.

She grew quiet as she felt time pass. Slowly, she was beginning to feel her own heartbeat against her chest. Her legs weren't as weak or numb like they were beforehand. When Chaska spoke of a pack, Krypton felt her ears perk forward. They could surely help her, couldn't they? If they were friendly, hopefully, they'd take her in and let her stay, just for a little until she was in better health. But what caught her attention was that Chaska wasn't going to go with her. Why wouldn't he, with his coughs, he sounded like he could use some help too.

"Y-Y-You aren't gonna g-get help too?" she asked him.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska felt a smile lift up on his muzzle. When was the last time he'd been called a good man? He remained quiet as she did, then laughed lightly at a memory. "You remember when you first found me?" he asked, looking down at her as he sat there. "I fell, and you looked after me? Quite a role reversal, right?"

Then his face fell a bit. He had gotten some from Grayday, but it was more of just a visit. "Yeah, I already did. Their nice there, you'll like them." He sighed a bit. He could feel himself growing weaker. He wanted to explore the rest of Teekon, before his time was up. He never did go west...perhaps he would go there next. "Don't worry...I'll be back, you'll see me again. I promise, as a good friend." But this promise was one that would be broken...

[ooc] Wanna fade here?[ooc]
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Sure, thank you for this awesome thread!

Her laugh was hoarse and almost impossible to do, but she nonetheless enjoyed the short seconds she did it. When was the last time she laughed? It's been some time since, but perhaps it was better to do it now than later when she wouldn't be able to anymore. When would that time come, anyway, the time where she wouldn't be able to laugh anymore? Would it be when she's become bitter and old? Or perhaps the time where she joins her brother with the stars?

She didn't like to think of that time yet.

Krypton shakily got to her feet and looked towards the spot Chaska pointed her to go towards. Her expression was empty, but when she connected her eyes with Chaska, she gave him a shaky and emotional smile.  "Be safe Chaska, I hope to see y-y-you soon"  she said quietly as she took a step forward. Krypton gave him one last nudge with her muzzle in the fur of his neck before wobbly setting off on her way. She didn't think he would break his promise, she prayed he wouldn't. But only God knows what fate will make of the situation.