The Sunspire love your ground
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Rannoch was quick to reassure her. Liffey struggled against it momentarily, but then allowed the honesty in his voice to soothe her worries. She had to stop thinking like this. She had to let what had happened at Moonspear go and move on. A major part of that was forgiving herself for being so unhappy there and for asking her mate and her friends to give up so much for her to be happy. She had to remind herself that she had not been alone in her misery there, and also that she had not forced any of them to come with her, not even Rannoch. Every one of them had had a choice, and if they had chosen to stay, then Liffey would've been the one sacrificing for them. She had to let this go. It was done now.

She found herself smiling at her mate just before he suddenly changed the subject. She blinked at him then, startled, and not even sure what it was he was talking about. What joke? She squinted at him and canted her head in evident confusion. Then, it came to her, and she shook her head at him with a small laugh. "Rannoch, it's fine," she reassured him, "If you think something like that would bother me, I need to take you to visit my mother again. She used to try and get my brother and I to fight each other to prove to her which of us was the good twin. Because she said we were being boring." She rolled her eyes, but there was fondness in her tone.

"But anyway... I know you are, and I'm sorry I keep being so pathetic about all of this," she said with a sigh, "I just can't seem to stop feeling guilty. I keep remembering what Terance said when we first left... I keep wondering if maybe I really didn't give them enough of a chance, or if I should've done something different. But then I remember seeing Titmouse the other day, and... I know we made the right choice. I guess I just feel bad still that it had to be this way."
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
love your ground - by Rannoch’s Ghost - March 01, 2018, 08:42 PM
RE: love your ground - by Liffey - March 01, 2018, 10:32 PM
RE: love your ground - by Rannoch’s Ghost - March 02, 2018, 06:29 PM
RE: love your ground - by Liffey - March 02, 2018, 07:50 PM
RE: love your ground - by Rannoch’s Ghost - March 02, 2018, 08:31 PM
RE: love your ground - by Liffey - March 02, 2018, 08:43 PM
RE: love your ground - by Rannoch’s Ghost - March 02, 2018, 09:00 PM
RE: love your ground - by Liffey - March 02, 2018, 09:59 PM
RE: love your ground - by Rannoch’s Ghost - March 02, 2018, 10:17 PM
RE: love your ground - by Liffey - March 03, 2018, 09:04 AM