Shadow Mountain Torture me for your amusement
37 Posts
Ooc — Khalysa
Private 

Zula sat in front of their den, contemplating if she should follow Nikan. She was afraid that he might be angry with her for declining his offer to spar. At first, the thought seemed scary to her when he made it out to be so dangerous, but how dangerous could it be when it was just for fun?

Hence Zula set out after him. She followed his scent and made sure that he wouldn't notice her, creeping from bush to bush, moving nearly soundlessly. When she saw movement, she crouched down and crept closer. Target in sight, she jumped at Nikan's flank, trying (with the emphasis on trying) to tackle him.

I couldn't ever bring myself
to hate you as I'd like
222 Posts
Ooc — Chey
He meandered slowly away and through the territory, his mind focused on what other ways he could teach her to fight. He didn't know how to give gentle lessons, he could have tried to be less harsh than usual during a spar, perhaps if he had looked at her as if she were a pup. 

He sighed and shook his head,trying to relax and clear his mind before he felt a weight against his flank. Surprised he gave a sound half yelp half snarl, not entirely manly and whirled around jaws parted to sink into the offending wolf and shred them to- wait...

Upon seeing the odd pelt coloring he froze and eyed her warily. He narrowed his eyes and then curled his lips,lunging in an attempt to grab her scruff. Since she had initiated it he would retaliate. This would be a spar and if she didn't fight back he would teach her a lesson.
Warning: Nikan is a mature character and will have sexual and violent themes. Please be aware when joining threads.
37 Posts
Ooc — Khalysa

The effect of her playful attack was that - well, there really was no effect because she had barely moved him an inch, although he did seem a little startled. That's a start, Zula thought. During a brief moment they regarded each other and she shot him a quick grin that said got you?, before he lunged at her neck. His teeth stung and she dropped to the ground, but didn't roll over and with her front paw she tried to strike him in the jaw.
to hate you as I'd like
222 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Nikan managed to take hold of her scruff and while his teeth connected and he bit down, he did not break the skin. He gripped firm and gave a firm shake, not a noise or reaction given at her feeble slap to his jaw. Sighing he released her and stood over her "When someone has you by the scruff, your best bet is to use whatever room you have and bite at their forelegs. If they're hovering over you attached by scruff, your face is most likely down to chest level or below. Grab their leg in your jaws and bite down as hard as you can. Shake. Make it known that you'll snap their leg like a twig if not released." he spoke in a cold manner but his tone took on that as a teacher. 

He supposed praise was due for being able to sneak up on him so quietly and he gave her a look, softer in the slightest "You're good with stealth. That's a plus.  If you sneak up on an enemy bigger than you however don't tackle. Pounce and maim,draw first blood. Wound as much as you can in that first lunge"He said and circled her slowly, in a predatory fashion. "Watch me. Wait for an opening. If you see my muscles tense that means I am preparing to lunge. If that happens brace yourself and prepare to defend. If you have an opening go for it, attack me. Just try not to kill me okay?" The last part was a joke, a bit of purely good natured humor that had slipped free from behind the cold mask.
Warning: Nikan is a mature character and will have sexual and violent themes. Please be aware when joining threads.
37 Posts
Ooc — Khalysa

Zula nodded obediently. She didn't have any experience with fighting and the reflexes didn't come naturally to her, so she embraced Nikan's advice. He was clearly a skilled fighter. I'll remember that she said.

I'll try, but I can't promise anything she responded and shot him a mischievous grin. Then she got herself ready in a defending position. Her eyes were fixed on his body as he circled around her. 

to hate you as I'd like
222 Posts
Ooc — Chey
His eyes gleamed with laughter lips twitching up for a split second before the urge to laugh at her playfulness was smothered, he shoved it back before it happened.He couldn't show weakness around here and emotions were weaknesses, laughing was weakness. Anyone weak in life would be killed before their time, strength and coldness was what got you through. With a growl he tensed and circled toward her front lunging forward and attempting to retake her scruff in his mouth. He thought it better to practice something he advised rather than go for a New move.
37 Posts
Ooc — Khalysa

When he charged at her, she ducked her head but he still managed to get a hold of her neck. This time however, Zula knew what to do. Teeth snapped at his legs, but she couldn't reach them just yet. She needed to get closer. She shook her head violently and once she felt his grip loosen just a little bit, she tried again. This time she managed to sink her teeth in his foreleg, but didn't bite down (she had promised not to kill him, but if she shattered his leg, he would probably kill her). 

to hate you as I'd like
222 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Her shaking jostled his teeth enough that he released ever so slightly, allowing her to extend her reach and grab his foreleg. Whether she noticed and did it in purpose, she had grabbed the one with such severe scarring and scabbing even the gentle grip made him hiss inwardly. The way she didn't bite down made his brow furrow and he released her scruff, gently nudging her to tell her to release his leg.

Eyeing her silently for a moment he finally nodded "Good job. Extra good for going for my already previously damaged leg. That's great, always go for whatever visible weaknesses they have if they do have any. Go for me now. Circle me, study me, spot my scars and wounds, go for them."He encouraged shaking out his fur and waiting for her to go at it.
37 Posts
Ooc — Khalysa

Zula didn't mention it to him and simply nodded, but she didn't know about his leg until he told her. If she had known that it would cause him pain, she wouldn't have touched it at all. Zula swallowed, concern in her eyes as she watched his body - his wounds, his scars. There were a lot and sadness struck her as she thought about all the pain he must have gone through. She quickly composed herself. She concentrated her attention on his movements as she circled him. When she thought the time was right, she lunged at his belly, but then she tripped, stumbled and fell head first on her chin. She sighed and let her body go limp in defeat. That went well Zula mumbled.

to hate you as I'd like
222 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Nika noticed the distracted way she studied him, the softness in her gaze making his skin prickle. It was odd and disconcerting to him that she didn't see him as a monster or a evil brute. She seemed to have some sort of trust in him. Why? It was a question that releated in his brain endlessly. 

As she lunged forward he tensed, eyes flashing with anticipation before the attack unceremoniously ended with her face down in the dirt. For a second he stared at her stunned before he chuckled, a single short laugh at first before he fully laughed. The sound was rich and belly deep, a genuine amused smile on his maw. It felt so good to let the laughter out that he sat down and continued for a moment before sobering up and looking down at her. "If laughter could kill you'd have defeated me succesfully" he teased her but not unkindly. He nosed her to get up and cleared his throat, realising what had happened. 

Not wanting to give up his hostile and cold attitude he forced the light from his eyes and stared her down once more. "You did alright for a new fighter. You can rest now, get something to eat."
37 Posts
Ooc — Khalysa

A smile formed on her lips as well as it could with her muzzle still in the dust. She had never heard him laugh and the sound of it made her forget about the pain in her chin instantly. If she wanted to stay clear of bruises though, she needed to find other ways to make him laugh. But this was a start.

She scrambled to her feet when he nudged her and she offered him a sorry-that-I'm-bad-at-fighting smile. When he spoke again, he sounded more like the Nikan from before and she nodded in response. I could use some rest, yes Zula agreed and then shook her head to get the dirt from her face. She turned around and started walking in the direction of her den, but then stopped and turned back to him. She hesitated for a moment. With a small voice she asked Are you… coming too?

to hate you as I'd like
222 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Once again he was rigid and stiff as she turned to walk away, but when she turned back he met her gaze. Her question made him pause and he opened his mouth, brows furrowing. He had been avoiding the den a lot,  because he found her enticing and the things she stirred within him made him uncomfortable but he also wanted her to be comfortable and he felt she didn't need him breathing down her back all the time.

Did she want him near? He seallowedswallowed thickly and tried to ignore the stirring of warmth the idea brought him. "I'll be around shortly. I'm going to go check the caches for a shareable meal" he said with a nod, averting his eyes. He hesitated but then shook his head, exhaling slowly and walking away. He did not allow himself to look back at her despite wanting to do so.