Herbalists' Cache baby, since i've been loving you
303 Posts
Ooc — mercury
There was fire from her. Good. He'd had enough of her kindness, if he was honest. So sweet, always nice to him, even though he didn't deserve it. Now she was finally letting loose at him, speaking her mind, and it was long overdue.

"Yes," he answered, then shook his head just as quickly. "No. Well--oh, damn the shoulder. That's not why I came. And as for you being pregnant, I--"

Shale heaved a long sigh, staring at her. "Do you remember the pack meeting we had, before mating season? About self-control, especially the males." He stepped closer, face insistent. "Pema, I could have smelled anybody else in heat--I did--and not come to them like I came to you. I wouldn't have touched anybody but you.

"Do I feel obligated to you, now that you might bear my children? Yes,"
Shale reasoned, having at least the sense to look ashamed. "But I've felt drawn to you from the start. Every time I've tried to leave you behind, I keep coming back. You don't deserve me--but I want you. Pema, I want you now--even now."

The words came fast and breathless, spilling out of his mouth like blood from a mortal wound. He felt stricken himself, delirious with the infection and the tumult of his feelings. But he stood steady, looking at her, waiting for her response. He didn't deserve her pity, nor her mercy. . .but he welcomed it. Though it may not be the last of his sins she would have to forgive, he hoped it could be.
Messages In This Thread
baby, since i've been loving you - by Shale - April 27, 2018, 01:58 AM
RE: baby, since i've been loving you - by Pema - April 27, 2018, 01:18 PM
RE: baby, since i've been loving you - by Shale - April 27, 2018, 05:50 PM
RE: baby, since i've been loving you - by Pema - April 27, 2018, 07:21 PM
RE: baby, since i've been loving you - by Shale - April 27, 2018, 07:35 PM
RE: baby, since i've been loving you - by Pema - April 27, 2018, 09:27 PM
RE: baby, since i've been loving you - by Shale - April 27, 2018, 11:22 PM
RE: baby, since i've been loving you - by Pema - April 28, 2018, 02:58 AM
RE: baby, since i've been loving you - by Shale - May 01, 2018, 09:56 PM