Verdant Basin you are a child of the cosmos, and ruler of the skies
34 Posts
Ooc — Fira
The wolf she had seen in the distance had disappeared, hidden in the grass, but Evening had forgotten about him altogether. Now she was hyper-focused on food. The animals that came out at dusk with her were rapidly returning to their holes and dens and she would go without food for another day if she did not quickly find more prey. Without knowing it, she was approaching the hiding place of the male, her head down, sniffing the ground for trails of animals, but she lifted her head suddenly at the wolf’s scent, which was now much stronger due to her proximity to him. 

“Where are you hiding?” she demanded, feeling suddenly on edge. “I saw you before and I can smell you. I’m not stupid. I know you’re here. So…” She hesitated, terribly frightened, but went on, attempting to put up a brave front. “So if you were planning on ambushing me then you’d better think again!” She managed to raise her voice at the last moment, trying to sound threatening. She was being ridiculous, she knew, but her father had always stressed to her that because she was so small and relatively weak from living off of mostly rabbits and things, and because of her strange coloration, others might try to take advantage of her. She hadn’t wanted to believe him, but now, out here by herself, she found his words coming back to her. She stood her ground and bared her teeth at the air, not knowing exactly where her opponent was.
I will exit a thread after 10 days of no reply. Feel free to do the same.
Messages In This Thread
RE: you are a child of the cosmos, and ruler of the skies - by Evening - May 24, 2018, 11:34 AM