Verdant Basin you are a child of the cosmos, and ruler of the skies
34 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Editing in an ending since Orion went inactive!

Evening was not sure what to do now. Her threat had not drawn her opponent out of his hiding place nor, indeed, given her any indication of where he was. She felt as if she were protecting herself from a snake in the grass — a snake with no rattler. No warning. Some voice in the back of her mind tried to tell her that maybe she was just being incredibly paranoid. Maybe whoever was there was just as afraid of her as she was of him. But fear coursed adrenaline through her body, which forced the voice back to recesses of her mind, drowned out. What would her father tell her to do in this situation?

Don’t turn your back on the enemy, he might say. But how could you keep face-to-face with an enemy you couldn’t see or hear? Evening swallowed, breathing hard. She resolved to back up away from the scent of the wolf. Keeping her eyes trained in the general direction of where she thought he might be, she began taking steps backwards. “Look, I don’t want trouble. How about you stay over here, and I’ll go around the other side of the lake? Okay?” 

Well, whoever was there seemed just fine with that and didn't attack her or anything as she slowly backed away. Eventually, she was far enough away to feel safe and turned and fled the scene.

Exit!
I will exit a thread after 10 days of no reply. Feel free to do the same.
Messages In This Thread
RE: you are a child of the cosmos, and ruler of the skies - by Evening - May 25, 2018, 09:10 PM