Heron Lake Plateau I left my pride and stepped inside a bar
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Raven could understand Towhee's side of the situation. She'd been born with a disability that usually spelled death for most normal pups, and she'd wrestled it into submission to become an incredibly strong, high-functioning member of the pack. Her deafness was more of an inconvenience to her, really, than a setback, and it really only took a relatively small amount of accommodation on the part of her packmates to interact with her effectively. Having it repeatedly brought up as a negative had to be frustrating as hell.

A smile tinged with disappointment touched her lips as Colt spoke, and she shook her head. "Soften your heart a little, Colt," she admonished gently, glancing at him with a look in her eyes that almost said come on now, you can do better than that. "I can understand why some thought she wasn't the best fit for alpha, but in everything else that comes with being part of a pack, she's always functioned just as well as the rest of us. Better, actually." Because Towhee had had to work twice as hard as a "normal" wolf did for everything she'd learned and achieved, and Raven felt that meeting her halfway on the communication front wasn't a lot to ask in return. "Communicating with her doesn't have to be hard, though. Has she or anyone else mentioned 'ptero' to you?"
Messages In This Thread
RE: I left my pride and stepped inside a bar - by Raven - June 04, 2018, 11:20 PM