Heron Lake Plateau I left my pride and stepped inside a bar
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Note: -"This formatting indicates simultaneous speech + signing."-

Of course Raven had a minute -- she had all the minutes in the world for him if it would help improve his relationship with Towhee, so she grinned and got right to work. "Okay, so the basic gist is that while you're speaking to her, you also sign to help make it clearer to her what you're trying to say. Most of the signs are really straight-forward. Like this:" She used a forepaw to point at her chest, then gestured to her mouth, and then pointed at him, all while saying, -"I'm talking to you."- She showed him a few more basic signs, explaining what each one meant and demonstrating how to incorporate them into his speech. She showed him the sign for Towhee's name, as well as the signs for a few others in the pack (Finley, Elwood, Quixote, and even her own name). She paused and mentioned, "We can come up with a sign for your name as well, or you can make up your own." Putting a few of them together, she signed and spoke at the same time, -"Raven is teaching you how to talk to Towhee."-

She paused after that and asked, "Make sense?"

Aside from Towhee and a small handful of others, Raven was perhaps the most ptero-fluent wolf in the pack. She had, after all, helped Towhee develop the language as a child. But it had been a long time since she'd taught it to anyone else, so she hoped she was explaining it in a way that he could follow.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I left my pride and stepped inside a bar - by Raven - June 07, 2018, 10:15 PM