Heron Lake Plateau I left my pride and stepped inside a bar
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
"Yes!" she replied brightly as he demonstrated back to her, thrilled that he seemed to be picking it up so far. It really wasn't difficult, it just took time, a little creativity, and lots of practice to really get it down. A good majority of the pack had various degrees of experience with the language, so there would be plenty of opportunities for him to practice with others and improve his proficiency. -"You're doing awesome!"- she commented, signing as she spoke.

When he asked about his name, she thought for a moment. Coming up with a unique sign for someone could be really straightforward or it could be complicated. "It's really up to you," she said, chewing her lip as she thought. "Niamh recently came up with her own name sign. It goes like this," and she demonstrated it to him, moving her paw from up by her ear and down her jawline, sort of like a cat does when it's cleaning its face. "You're pretty well-known for speaking your mind -- what if we used something like this for your name?" She moved her paw in a circle around her muzzle, and finished by touching her lips and then moving her paw out in front of her face a few inches. It placed an emphasis on speech, while being unique enough that it could easily be used to indicate a specific individual.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I left my pride and stepped inside a bar - by Raven - June 08, 2018, 05:53 PM