Broken Boulder daydream believer
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
They came, one by one, not all of them--but enough. "Hullo, Korei," Lily greeted, giving her friend a playful nudge to the shoulder. Vilkas was next, and she gave him an unguarded smile; Steele, Queenie, Kavik. . .then Alarian and Delight, Liri and Brennan. They all settled down around her, and she grinned, wagging her tail. She wished Lanawyn were here; she must be busy with something.

"Thank you for coming," she began, her voice a little tremulous. Taking a pause to regain composure, she sucked in a breath before continuing. "Back home, my father has led my family pack for many seasons. In all our history, it was peaceful and happy. I have to believe that the councils he called every third moon were a big contributor to that goodwill."

She dipped her muzzle down at the bone at her paws. "He'd gather us all together to share what was on our minds--what we had been doing, what we were proud of, what concerns we had, if any. We stayed connected, that way, though our territory was vast and open." Her eyes drifted past each wolf in turn. "We are not bonded by blood but allegiance; we chose each other. That means that getting to know one another is even more important than it was in my family.

"We're going to pass this bone around the circle,"
Lily explained. "When you get the bone, tell us your name, your trade and role here, what you've been up to, what you're proud of, and any concerns you might have about the Sanctuary." She smiled softly. "I will try to address those concerns one-on-one, as best I can. After you speak, pass the bone to another, someone who hasn't gone yet."

She placed her paw upon the bone. "So, erm, I'll start. My name is Lily. I'm the Consultant here, a counselor for all of you to talk to when you need it. I've been trying to look after everyone, and practicing my hunting as well. I'm proud that our numbers have grown in the past few moons--and I'm concerned that larger numbers might make some feel isolated, hidden. That's why I'm doing this today." Lowering her head, she picked up the bone and padded over to @Korei Julia, placing it at her feet. She smiled at her, an expectant gleam in her eyes. As a long-standing member of the Sanctuary, and a wonderful heart, Korei should go next.

Round 2! Here are the rules: the posting order of last round is no longer enforced; instead, whomever you pass the bone to is next! Be sure to tag the person you choose so that they get the notification. Since I'm out of town this coming weekend, this round will end whenever everyone is done?. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me on Discord.
Messages In This Thread
daydream believer - by Lily - June 03, 2018, 01:23 AM
RE: daydream believer - by Korei Julia - June 03, 2018, 02:20 AM
RE: daydream believer - by Vilkas - June 03, 2018, 05:56 AM
RE: daydream believer - by Steele - June 03, 2018, 02:24 PM
RE: daydream believer - by RIP Stephanie - June 04, 2018, 08:58 AM
RE: daydream believer - by RIP Kavik - June 04, 2018, 11:34 AM
RE: daydream believer - by Alarian - June 04, 2018, 11:45 AM
RE: daydream believer - by Ariel - June 05, 2018, 03:46 PM
RE: daydream believer - by Síff - June 06, 2018, 11:22 AM
RE: daydream believer - by Brennan - June 09, 2018, 11:40 PM
RE: daydream believer - by Lily - June 10, 2018, 03:10 PM