Blacktail Deer Plateau he doesn't look a thing like jesus but go off i guess
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
All Welcome 
@Max. Also @Saarthal for visibility?

The decision to get out of the mountain range is made quickly and easily. Tired legs draw them the rest of the way and down the last decline onto the plateau. Still, they’d have a little bit more of a climb but they don’t have to rest when they have all this flatland spread out before them. As sore as her legs are, she is overwhelmed with the urge to run. A burst of energy courses through her and she gives one sidelong glance to @Varinril, a stupid grin plastering on her face, and her legs springing her forward with speed unexpected from a weary traveler.

When she looks back, no sign of either of her friends, she slows to a stop. She’s instantly reminded of how tired she is but up ahead is a lake wide enough she can’t see the end. Mallaidh doesn’t spare a glance to either side as she makes a bee-line for the shore, splashing until she’s chest deep and eagerly lapping up water to quench her thirst.
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
i’m not just a girl
52 Posts
Ooc — ares
veeery vague, let me know if i need to change anything!

the yearling had followed @Saarthal to the plateau. the destination was a ways, to her dismay. her legs felt a little funny at the lake but now the ached something fierce. luckily she knew exactly what would ease the pain. poppy seeds. there had been numerous occasions where she had use them. so she informed her traveling companion where she was going and that she’d be back soon.

on her quest for the seeds, she spotted someone dart past and jump into the water. interested, she pursued her and barked, “yo!

836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Speedy had watched the events unfold as she sat a little ways down the lake. One wolf had come running from the mountains beyond and had jumped into the lake and was soon greeted by another wolf that had been rooting around looking for something near the water's edge. 

Swimming wasn't really her thing, but playing with other wolves was. She rose to her feet and trotted along the shore until she reached the two wolves and then strode into the water. "Hey!" she said as she got closer to the female already in the water. "Care if I join?"
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Mallaidh didn’t see the other lake occupant (obviously) and blissfully drinks as much water as her belly will hold. She pauses only when a pretty girl comes up to the shore and barks in her direction. Water drips from her muzzle and neck as she stares blankly at first, opening her mouth to say something but she’s interrupted. Spinning her head around, she looks to the greyscale girl. Her lips pull back in a smile and her tail wags awkwardly with the tip soaked in the lake. 

“Hey!” she chirps, shifting around in the water. Neither are presenting aggressively and both seem young in age, like herself. But to answer the girl’s question, she shrugs and glances at the first. “I’m Mallaidh, but um... my friends and I are here... we’re not, like trespassing right? I just saw water and ran,” she explains, pointing to the mountain with her nose before taking a few more steps closer to shore. And friends is a loose term, since she hasn’t seen Saarthal lately and doesn’t notice her scent on one of her new companions.
i’m not just a girl
52 Posts
Ooc — ares
soon after she called out to the girl, someone else walked over to join them. she flashed her a bright smile and wagged her tail. “the name’s max. and uh... i don’t think we are. right?” she glanced back to the chestnut colored stranger. maybe this was her terf, though if didn’t seem like it. she smelled like a loner.

friends? do you know saarthal?” she guessed mallaidh one of the girls she told her about.

836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Speedy looked between the two females, grinning as they introduced themselves. "I'm Speedy. And I don't think this area is claimed," she said the last part with a shrug. She hadn't been here very long, but from what she could tell, there didn't appear to be any of the usual markers indicating that a pack had claimed this place. "What brings you guys out here?" she asked both girls, always curious about the stories of others.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
They quickly come to the conclusion none of them are trespassing and the introductions are out of the way. Max draws her attention when she mentions Saarthal by name, ears cupping in her direction and taking a step closer. “Yeah, have you seen her?” she asks, wondering if Max is here because of the girl. They haven’t seen one another in a few days and, well, who is she to complain?

Speedy takes her attention a beat later and she smiles. They aren’t together but she could easily stick around too. The more, the merrier. They’d be safer, too. She waits, though, and glances between the two. “We were looking for a place to stay for a few days,” she says, though she doesn’t know what the next step is. It’s a whole new world for the yearling.
i’m not just a girl
52 Posts
Ooc — ares
she nodded. “i met her by a lake. she asked me if i wanted to travel with her and a couple others. you’re one of ‘em right?” she was 99.9% sure of it, there was still a chance she could be wrong though.

sorry for the shit post loll
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Speedy smiled as they talked about female the she didn't know, politely waiting to be addressed. Soon, Mallaidh turned to her and mentioned needing a place to stay. "Umm, I'm not too familiar with this area yet. I kind of just sleep wherever seems safe." It may seem a little naive, but it had worked well for her so far.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Max confirms she’s new friends with Saarthal and she offers her a smile. It’s a little awkward to meet this way but she’s sure the other girl is off somewhere and just hasn’t found them yet. Maybe she’s found Varinril. Maybe she’s just… somewhere else. It doesn’t matter.

“Yeah, and then there’s Varinril,” she introduces and wags her tail, turning to Speedy as she offers her two scents. Being on your own kind of sucks. “We haven’t figured everything out yet but I think we’re gonna take a break here. Um, Speedy, right? You’re welcome to stay too,” she says with a wave of her tail. It doesn’t seem right not to extend the hand to another girl. They’re become quite the group already, what’s one more?

Ultimately, Speedy goes her own way and she and Max return to the others.