Dawnlark Plains cold blooded recovery
10 Posts
Ooc —
Private 

He was crouched close to the earth, blue eyes watching a scrawny hare with interest. It would not be much of a catch but it was better than nothing. He waited though. The animal was chewing on something and he had to wonder if letting it finish its (hopefully) last meal would make any difference on its weight.

It wasn't like a few grains would suddenly make it plump and round enough to feed two or three.

Kuldip had to bite back a scoff as he tried to stay hidden from his prey.
[Image: warrior.gif]1, 2, 3, 4, 5
The Curious Sweetheart
89 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Each day, it seemed as though Loir was getting closer to becoming a full member of Morningside. She seemed to be earning approval, making friends, and impressing some wolves with her hunting technique. As she walked along, her ears perked up as she noticed the familiar figure of one of the new members Kuldip, a fellow Joiner, who seemed to be stalking a rabbit. Licking her lips, Loir saw an opportunity to hunt the rabbit. Watch and learn. She thought, before getting ready.

Nearly as fast as lightning, the she-wolf crouched to the ground and began sneaking up on the rabbit, and once she was close enough to it, killed it with a swift bite to the neck. Loir picked up the rabbit and looked at Kuldip, the rabbit in her mouth. She placed it on the ground and looked at the snowy-furred canine. "I assume this rabbit is, or was, probably yours." She said. "You can have it then."
[Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
HUNTER TRADE: 1/5 threads
10 Posts
Ooc —
The fucking audacity of the stranger. The way they seemed to have no concern for literally stealing from him.

He did not hide the look of displeasure that was plastered on his face or the soft curl of his lip. Do you take pleasure in stealing the opportunities that belong to others? Icy eyes narrowed sharply. As far as he knew, she did not rank higher than him and he felt no need to hide his distaste for her actions.

Keep it. The wolfdog told her with cold words.
The Curious Sweetheart
89 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Loir rolled her eyes. "Apparently, you needed help." She said. "Maybe if you learned to hunt like me, you would be just like me." It had been true, Loir became a hunting master at an early age due to how she had been taught and trained when her family was alive, this creature probably wasn't. "You could've just snuck up on it like I did instead of just waiting there.

"Keep it."

Those words didn't mean anything to Loir. No, she did not steal, so this would not be hers. "No, it's yours." Loir said, pushing the rabbit towards him. "You're lucky that I caught it for you, and I've been searching for prey to hunt for the pack anyway. If you want to earn some approval by the others, you may want to do that too, I've learned that."
10 Posts
Ooc —
He scoffed and his features somehow grew even colder. What makes you think I want to be like you? A thief. He snarled as he lifted his head and tail. And how dare you make assumptions that I can't hunt. It's a basic skill. Waiting does not mean incompetence.

Maybe if you had minded your own business - not taken what was mine - I would have something to show for. He spat sharply. If she did not mind herself Kuldip would have no problem taking physical actions to fix her mistake.
The Curious Sweetheart
89 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Loir was beginning to feel worried now, but she didn't want to show it. Damnit, now I may end up having my first enemy. She thought. Maybe she should've been able to turn back time, and would be able to help Kuldip in not a way like how she just did, and maybe she should've kept her mouth shut. 

"Well, geez." Loir grumbled. "I thought you needed help or whatever anyways, so I decided to finish it off for you." If she made an enemy already, perhaps she would need to keep her mouth shut often or so. Why did she do that, and act sassy about it? Perhaps Loir was just in a bad mood. After all, she wanted to snap and couldn't help but feel that someone talking to her in this way was "disrespecting" her because of her backstory. No, Loir did not want to use that as an excuse, that would just be stupid, but she felt that after what she had been through, she didn't need enemies already.