Heron Lake Plateau I'm a police officer. I'm a police officer and I want a cup of tea.
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Okay, humoring the kids was one thing, but even he had limits.  He was afraid that if he kept it up, the poor kid just might end up thinking that everything was terrifying and make it harder for him to deal with stuff as an adult.  Or something.  Honestly he wasn't sure, but that sounded about right?  He didn't take a class in child psychology.

Owen, it can't move without someone actually moving it.  You were touching it when it fell on you, remember?  And did it move again once nobody was touching it?  No.  Please, could this freaking work for once?  Come on, kid... If you don't want to play with it, it'll stay over there.  It's not gonna pounce anyone.  But if you change your mind, I'm sure you and your sisters could team up and find it.  Maybe with numbers he'd feel more brave.  If they really didn't touch it, it almost might be hilarious to hide it and then present it to Owen when he was larger.  Be all "See, this was the most terrifying thing in you life at one point" since it's not like wolves had photo albums to embarrass children with.  Besides, I'm here.  I saved you from it before, right?  Did he have to be as irrational to make some sense to his son?
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm a police officer. I'm a police officer and I want a cup of tea. - by Quixote - April 07, 2019, 01:14 AM