Whitefish River if the men find out we can shapeshift, they’re going to tell the church
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Only a few moments of awkward silence is all it takes before one of them speaks up. Mallaidh spends a great deal tight lipped, biting back questions she wants answers to. Saarthal speaks up first and she almost releases a long sigh of relief. It doesn’t make the situation any less awkward but she doesn’t have to be the first one to speak. Finding out what Saarthal thinks and needs to know will make it easier to keep what she wants to herself.

“I’m worry this is the wrong decision. What if Varinril is lost? Or hurt? Or worse?” she blurts, shedding her anxiety in a different, common outlet, no matter how much of a deflection she uses it for. “We leave and she comes back, somehow, and we’re not here. It’s not like I can leave a sign that tells her where we are,” she says. It isn’t the first time it has come to mind but they don’t exactly have passing grades in literature and writing classes.

Mallaidh is quiet a moment, looking down as they continue to walk. Max still on the loose. “I’m not used to having… I’m used to someone else just... I don’t know what I’m doing.”
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes