Felltree Marsh but i've wandered much further today than i should
587 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Ranger
Tegan launched into a passionate explanation of the word and its uses. Bat usually would've tuned out about halfway through such a long speech but there was something so fascinating about Tegan and the way he spoke. She was (quite literally) a captive audience and her eyes shone up at him like big, bright nickels as he vented about the limitations of "fuck."

He even went so far as to demonstrate its usage with a sentence, though she must have misheard him because she repeated, "Fuckall?" with a slight note of confusion in her voice. And she was so caught up in the subject—and by the expression on Tegan's already eye-catching face, let's be real—that she didn't notice they'd reached the stream again.

When the ground unexpectedly gave way beneath her foot, she pitched forward and face-planted directly into the black water. She flailed and sputtered, quickly jumping back onto her feet and managing to dart onto dry land despite the lack of light. Although usually a big fan of water, there was something deeply unsettling about tumbling into it, unseen.

Before Tegan could even ask what'd happened, Bat said, "Yeah, I'm fine. I meant to do that. Yeah, everything's under control."
Messages In This Thread
RE: but i've wandered much further today than i should - by Bat - August 13, 2018, 09:39 PM