Wheeling Gull Isle kiss me like that
99 Posts
Ooc — Jess
WC: 575

Despite all the fuss and commotion, Thresher was still relatively capable of keeping her focus placed on the water before her, which she watched with a calm but intent stare that roved from the surface down to the very bottom as she watched for another fish to swim by. Of course, as she was in the shallows, the chances of her catching anything fishlike were incredibly slim. She should have been out a few more feet at least, but she was too short for that and the current of the water too strong for her to try and tempt it. She was aware of her mother’s watchful gaze, and of the fact that she would not be allowed to go in too deep. She did not want to be bad, after all. Hearing that word upset Thresher quite a bit, so she behaved as much as she possibly could. She knew what boundaries existed, and respected them reverently.

It surprised Thresher to hear a deep voice which did not belong to her father. Her ears turned back as she heard him speak with a curling drawl. But at the same moment, she spotted something in the water- something that was brown, and slipping down along the current just below the surface, so she ignored the male’s voice for a moment and focused instead on the fish in the water that was slowly coming toward her. It didn’t move a great deal, and instead simply went with the current. Thresher’s tail waved, but she stiffened more the closer the fish got, instinct guiding her to hold fast and stay still so that she could ambush it, and kill it. Surely it would swim away if it perceived that it was in danger, and if she moved, she would give herself away. Right now, she was nothing but a statue, mouth hovering just a few inches above the water as she watched the brownish shape move closer and closer…

When it slid before her, she lunged into the water with a splash that was perhaps a bit large for someone so small. She went completely below the surface, so committed was she to catching her prey. She felt her jaws close around something that was slippery and wet- but quite a bit harder between her teeth than she had expected- and nowhere near as wriggly as it should have been. Still, once she had it clutched between her teeth she reeled backwards, pulling her head and shoulders out of the water and her prized catch with her, and she backpedaled swiftly toward the shore where she trotted proudly. Water dripped from her beige coat and from her tail which was held aloft. She didn’t even bother to shake the water from her coat- it was more important in that moment for her to present her gift to her mother.

She gave the friendly male a coy smile as she pranced toward her mother, and with a happy chuff, she lay her prize down on the ground. It wasn’t a fish at all- it was a stick, one which had obviously been in the water long enough for all of its bark to be stripped away so that it was indeed as smoothe and shiny as a fish might be. This didn’t discourage Thresher at all, who still thought that she’d done a marvellous job at killing the stick that had swum too close to her.
Messages In This Thread
kiss me like that - by Coelacanth - August 24, 2018, 02:11 PM
RE: kiss me like that - by Reigi - August 24, 2018, 04:44 PM
RE: kiss me like that - by Thresher - August 24, 2018, 06:53 PM
RE: kiss me like that - by Grayling - August 24, 2018, 10:59 PM
RE: kiss me like that - by Komodo - August 28, 2018, 09:35 AM
RE: kiss me like that - by Six - August 28, 2018, 10:15 PM
RE: kiss me like that - by Koi - September 02, 2018, 05:39 PM
RE: kiss me like that - by Coelacanth - September 28, 2018, 01:40 PM
RE: kiss me like that - by Reigi - October 22, 2018, 10:06 PM
RE: kiss me like that - by Komodo - November 04, 2018, 09:10 PM
RE: kiss me like that - by Thresher - November 05, 2018, 09:16 PM