Blackfoot Forest it's gonna be a long night
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
So it seemed she wasn't from this place either. She was a stranger here just like he was. How strange that the first wolf he met in a very long time just happened to be one of his distant relatives. If he believed in such things, he'd think it was meant to be or something. I had no idea I had family here, nor did I expect to run into a relative, the beast said, careful to hide his surprise. Midar wasn't sure what exactly he expected to find when he came to this new place. He guessed he had just kind of wandered until he was tired of it, making sure to avoid others at all costs. He had decided recently, though, that he might like to know what it was like to not be alone, although it turned out to be an almost impossible task for him. He clearly did not play well with others. 

He was meticulously aware of his surroundings at all times, so he did not miss her gaze when it found the mark on his shoulder. His eyebrows furrowed infinitesimally at her small gasp upon noticing the strange shape that was like a constant reminder of what he couldn't remember. She then showed him her own strange mark; a berry-red paw print in the same spot on her shoulder. It seemed to spark some kind of familial recognition in her once more. When she reiterated that they were family, he remained silent. He was faced with a dilemma, now; he could either tell her the truth and admit that he had no recollection of how the mark came to rest on his shoulder, or he could lie and go along with what she was saying. The latter would surely be very difficult, as she would probably expect him to know things that had been gone from his mind for an uncertain amount of time. Telling her the truth meant he would have to reveal a part of himself and his past to someone who he still basically considered a stranger. The beast wasn't used to being in this kind of situation, so for a few minutes, he was frozen with indecision. Finally, he spoke, I...had head injury a while ago that caused me to forget a lot of things about my past, so I have no idea what this mark means or how I obtained it. His piercing gaze watched her as he spoke, searching her face and trying to read her reaction to his admission.
Shaking hands with the dark parts of my thoughts
Messages In This Thread
it's gonna be a long night - by Aerenys - August 29, 2018, 04:35 PM
RE: it's gonna be a long night - by Midar - August 29, 2018, 09:15 PM
RE: it's gonna be a long night - by Aerenys - August 30, 2018, 09:35 AM
RE: it's gonna be a long night - by Midar - August 31, 2018, 02:25 PM
RE: it's gonna be a long night - by Aerenys - August 31, 2018, 02:38 PM
RE: it's gonna be a long night - by Midar - August 31, 2018, 05:53 PM
RE: it's gonna be a long night - by Aerenys - September 04, 2018, 08:22 AM
RE: it's gonna be a long night - by Midar - September 12, 2018, 12:18 AM
RE: it's gonna be a long night - by Aerenys - September 13, 2018, 09:59 AM
RE: it's gonna be a long night - by Midar - September 18, 2018, 10:12 PM