Phoenix Maplewood my heart is a tartarian gate
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
"The first thing I'd try is Quibina or Tryactin," she said seriously, coming up beside him to inspect his burns. "But, failing that, I'm sure there's something around here to help with pain and infection." Since their home had burned down, Alya figured they'd be needing another medicine cache. She'd started one of her own to pass the time, allowing the familiar scents to remind her of Lyra. She didn't know what half the stuff did, but on the theory that healing could maybe be learned through osmosis, she'd tried to spend some of her free time thinking about medicinal secrets. Time to see if that approach had yielded any results. She was glad that her first patient was not someone she cared about.

Back at her makeshift bed (it was a divot in the earth lined with the few conifer boughs she'd been able to find in the thrice-damned maplewood), she sifted through her plants until she'd found something she was fairly certain she'd seen Lyra give to people with infection. "Eat this - oh wait," she paused, looking between two of the plants. "Okay, eat this one. That one goes on the wound."

She took that one into her own mouth and, gently, began to chew. When it was pierced and crushed enough, she spat it out and poked it with her nose, so that it stuck to the wet, leathery flesh there. "Okay, hold still. I think this one stings," she said to Sunny.
i can't help but be my own god
Messages In This Thread
my heart is a tartarian gate - by Alya - September 09, 2018, 10:54 PM
RE: my heart is a tartarian gate - by Sunny - September 10, 2018, 10:41 AM
RE: my heart is a tartarian gate - by Alya - September 10, 2018, 02:13 PM
RE: my heart is a tartarian gate - by Sunny - September 10, 2018, 06:36 PM
RE: my heart is a tartarian gate - by Alya - September 10, 2018, 06:47 PM
RE: my heart is a tartarian gate - by Sunny - September 10, 2018, 08:22 PM
RE: my heart is a tartarian gate - by Alya - September 10, 2018, 08:37 PM
RE: my heart is a tartarian gate - by Sunny - September 13, 2018, 01:57 PM
RE: my heart is a tartarian gate - by Alya - September 13, 2018, 06:33 PM