Ankyra Sound Upon a weary night, the bell tolled.
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
It was simply too easy to fall down the cynical path, to clearly point out that faith was the very same thing as loyalty, and that he had already given her by word. Yet his aciions were a completely different matter; and he had already messed up, he had noticed. Using the same song and dance from his pledge to Stavanger and Noctisador would not suffice as his goals were not the same then and now. Now he simply needed a place to stay for now, as opposed to then, where he had no idea where else he could go. With such, his usual accuracy of words had been minutely flawed, but even so they held that honesty which he latched to, and rolled with.

However, with that honesty, a dose of lying. "You all could simply up and not want me, one day - As I've said before, I know nothing of you all, and that includes your customs." Deciding to elaborate a bit on his point, he used an example from his own bloodline. "Ive been born into a family who simply cast me out, despite being a healthy pup. I've been in packs before who simply left, dispersing without a word to any and everyone. So your trust in me would be just as much trust I would have to invest in you."

His tongue was silver, and his mind was sharp. Resuming his oppertunity to gaze back against the sea's folds and endlessness, he allowed her to take what he gave him. He wasn't, after all, disrespectful. He was being truthful. But his truths were held only in check by his purpose, and that was to get himself to a peak level before it was time for him to collect Gwen and depart for their own home. He had no problem following the rules, nor abiding by them for however long it took. However, this woman was skeptical, and that was the last thing the assassin needed right now. "Watch my habits, and you will see who I am. Accept me, and know I am not simply here to waste time with lies."
Messages In This Thread
Upon a weary night, the bell tolled. - by Cry - October 04, 2018, 04:54 PM
RE: Upon a weary night, the bell tolled. - by Helix - October 06, 2018, 01:07 PM
RE: Upon a weary night, the bell tolled. - by Cry - October 08, 2018, 12:36 PM
RE: Upon a weary night, the bell tolled. - by Helix - October 13, 2018, 02:56 PM
RE: Upon a weary night, the bell tolled. - by Cry - October 16, 2018, 03:51 PM
RE: Upon a weary night, the bell tolled. - by Helix - October 19, 2018, 04:59 PM
RE: Upon a weary night, the bell tolled. - by Cry - October 23, 2018, 05:18 PM
RE: Upon a weary night, the bell tolled. - by Helix - October 25, 2018, 07:26 PM
RE: Upon a weary night, the bell tolled. - by Cry - October 31, 2018, 10:01 AM