Greatwater Lake once, i tried to be somebody
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
she tilts her head very slightly to the side at the inquiry to slip from the brute's jaws. she frowns slightly, unfamiliar with the titles but presuming they must be the the leader rank's custom names. "the man" is all she murmurs, voice soft as her jaw continues to clench uneasily. fuck was she tense, like she was always on the alert but this was a bit much even for her. 

however she remains still and /somewhat/ certain as her piercing gaze fails to give way to the increasing pressure in the back of her mind. 'what do you know of our woods?' she remains completely statue-like for the next few moments as her mind mulls carefully over the question. really she knew very little about them -that sounds familiar-  but it wasn't uncommon for wolves to join packs they didn't know everything about, right? 

"not a whole lot" she admits, their leader hadn't been ready to spill the pack's secrets or anything and the other man she'd met from their ranks...well chatting hadn't really featured a whole lot in that interaction had it. her teeth grit further before she's forced to loosen her jaw to continue speaking. "i've always been more comfortable in forested terrain hence the initial interest in a pack that lived in the only proper forest i've seen since finding these flatlands" distaste is slightly noticeable in her otherwise monotone voice when tossing out 'flatlands', not caring to hide her disliking for the constant open spaces. "your pack has featured more to me than any others and" she stops, not sure how to word what she wants to say. always being a wolf of little words she wasn't exactly the most skilled at conversation. "well they're the only wolves that haven't left me with a headache and reminded me exactly why i don't go looking for company" she finishes wryly.

she continues to trace a small creamy paw through the soft dirt, otherwise completely still. if she didn't spit it out now she never would, already she could feel her mind retreating uneasily and so "look i need a place to stay, i've trained to be a soldier so i'm no waste of space" somehow her eyes manage to grow even harder with that final statement, it was the first time she'd referred to herself as a soldier aloud since she'd left the official rank. how it made her feel she wasn't exactly sure but she was set on one thing, she was going to join this damn pack today.
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
Messages In This Thread
once, i tried to be somebody - by RIP Wintersbane - October 06, 2018, 06:11 AM
RE: once, i tried to be somebody - by Tundra - October 06, 2018, 06:40 PM
RE: once, i tried to be somebody - by RIP Wintersbane - October 07, 2018, 04:55 AM
RE: once, i tried to be somebody - by Tundra - October 13, 2018, 06:26 PM
RE: once, i tried to be somebody - by RIP Wintersbane - October 14, 2018, 08:57 AM
RE: once, i tried to be somebody - by Tundra - October 21, 2018, 01:59 PM
RE: once, i tried to be somebody - by RIP Wintersbane - October 23, 2018, 04:13 AM
RE: once, i tried to be somebody - by Tundra - October 30, 2018, 07:09 PM
RE: once, i tried to be somebody - by RIP Wintersbane - November 01, 2018, 02:06 PM
RE: once, i tried to be somebody - by Tundra - November 02, 2018, 08:07 PM
RE: once, i tried to be somebody - by Relmyna - November 03, 2018, 04:43 PM
RE: once, i tried to be somebody - by RIP Wintersbane - November 04, 2018, 05:59 AM
RE: once, i tried to be somebody - by Tundra - November 04, 2018, 09:43 AM
RE: once, i tried to be somebody - by Relmyna - November 09, 2018, 10:24 AM
RE: once, i tried to be somebody - by RIP Wintersbane - November 10, 2018, 05:24 AM
RE: once, i tried to be somebody - by Tundra - November 11, 2018, 12:30 PM
RE: once, i tried to be somebody - by Relmyna - November 15, 2018, 02:46 PM
RE: once, i tried to be somebody - by RIP Wintersbane - November 17, 2018, 05:41 AM
RE: once, i tried to be somebody - by Tundra - November 20, 2018, 12:44 PM
RE: once, i tried to be somebody - by Relmyna - November 20, 2018, 10:07 PM
RE: once, i tried to be somebody - by RIP Wintersbane - November 22, 2018, 11:16 AM