Bramblepoint the devil's right there in the details
a determination so powerful it could turn the sky storm black
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Mou, he says.  She was already so sure, but it was a shame she'd never learned his birthname.  His deadname.  Titmouse was dead, and Screech too.  

Who is Screech to you?  He is the root of her failures, the tipping-point of her rivalry with Niamh.  Raven's emotional crux.  He is a boy who had been living his life and flirting with girls (flirting with her) and getting drunk beneath apple trees.  And maybe that boy was still inside him somewhere.

But she doubted it.  That boy was also a baby-killer, and maybe it is that part of him that Blackfeather had spoken to.

He was my friend.  But that wasn't quite true, was it?  They hadn't known each other that long.  Do you not remember?  I saved you, I saved your life.  Twice.  Don't cry don't cry don't cry don't cry

The most fun I ever had was with you.

ring the bells that still can ring
forget your perfect offering
there is a crack in everything
that's how the light gets in
Messages In This Thread
the devil's right there in the details - by Fire - October 09, 2018, 05:14 PM
RE: the devil's right there in the details - by Fire - October 09, 2018, 06:35 PM
RE: the devil's right there in the details - by Fire - October 09, 2018, 07:07 PM
RE: the devil's right there in the details - by Fire - October 09, 2018, 07:40 PM
RE: the devil's right there in the details - by Fire - October 09, 2018, 08:09 PM
RE: the devil's right there in the details - by Fire - October 09, 2018, 08:57 PM