Blacktail Deer Plateau I just need to get it off my chest
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
His friend's actions were confusing at best. He watched her stumble over words, unsure what was happening. She seemed angry at first, and Kavik could only look at her with an expression of complete shock. Then, her eyes--did they have tears in them. His face morphed into one of only concern for his friend. He didn't understand what was going on; why was she so upset? Had he said something wrong? He was about to ask her to explain, but she turned and ran, leaving him feeling even more confused if that was possible. He wanted to go after her and make sure she was okay; he had never seen her show so much emotion before, and it worried him. But--you must have lost your wits.

Kavik winced, ears falling back against his head. He turned to look at his mate, and his knees almost buckled under the weight of her fury. She had never been angry with him, and it was like someone had opened his chest and poured boiling hot water inside. 

She went on to state it would be confusing for their children before looking away from him in disgust. He wished at that moment that something would fall from the sky and smash him in to pieces; it would be preferable to seeing the woman he loved look at him like that. He closed his eyes, swallowing hard against the bile in his throat. How could he have been such an idiot. Of course she was mad. If she had come to him asking to be with someone else, he would have been just as angry. There was absolutely no way he would let anyone else touch her, so why did he think she would feel differently about it? That was it, though; he hadn't been thinking. He was just trying to help out his closest friend, but he failed to consider the consequences, and now he had hurt the one he loved more than even himself. 

He kept his eyes closed and head bowed at her next words. He didn't think he could bear to see disgust on her face again. But because he felt like he deserved her wrath, he finally lifted his gaze to meet hers and was met with not only anger, but hurt and sadness. He didn't think he could possibly feel any worse, but seeing her look like that and knowing it was because of him absolutely gutted him. If someone else had made her feel this way, Kavik would have surely ended their life, but death would be a relief from the guilt and self-loathing racking his body, and he didn't deserve that; he deserved to suffer.

His mate turned from him and ran, and he was left alone in the mess he created. Liri, wait he called out to nothing before getting to his feet to run after her.
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread
I just need to get it off my chest - by RIP Kavik - October 09, 2018, 09:40 PM
RE: I just need to get it off my chest - by RIP Grezig - October 09, 2018, 10:32 PM
RE: I just need to get it off my chest - by Síff - October 11, 2018, 05:38 AM
RE: I just need to get it off my chest - by RIP Kavik - October 11, 2018, 10:07 PM
RE: I just need to get it off my chest - by RIP Grezig - October 11, 2018, 10:54 PM
RE: I just need to get it off my chest - by Síff - October 12, 2018, 06:09 AM
RE: I just need to get it off my chest - by RIP Kavik - October 12, 2018, 10:13 AM