Dragoncrest Cliffs time isn't real, nothing is real, avocados are half off
All Welcome  October 13, 2018, 06:38 PM
Mallaidh
Drageda
Kru

It takes longer to get back than she cares for. She’s been in fights before; she’s hurt herself before. This time, she returns with defeat settled heavy in her bones. Her ankle is swollen, her shoulder is stained red with dried blood, and her chest is tender if she takes too deep a breath. Luckily, @Rose found her and despite their problems helped her out and once they breech Drageda’s borders, she excuses herself. The last thing she wants is any more attention.

After a while, she takes a deep breath and closes her eyes, using the nearest redwood for support. Every ounce of mental and physical energy has been zapped and the tender anger in the pit of her stomach is all that remains for her brother, and what little energy remains on the fringes is spent fizzling out to fuel those emotions.

Mallaidh sinks against the rough bark until she’s on the ground, realizing she doesn’t want to be alone. Before she has time to consider finding anyone else, she slips into slumber, undisturbed while the day turns into the evening, shifting into colder weather for the night.

i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
7/6 threads
October 13, 2018, 06:53 PM
Blixen
Drageda
Commander

she doesn't mind when furi falls back into her habit of going out -- it's actually almost reassuring, like things are the same as they used to be. despite this, a nagging fear pushes blixen to keep a closer eye on the border than usual. she trusts furi to come back, of course she does, but..

blix has more of an issue with abandonment than she cares to admit.

it isn't patrol that brings her to the border after nightfall, though. since bat's disappearance the commander hasn't been sleeping too well. not so severely as to warrant attention, as far as she's concerned. given everything that's happened if she wants to take some late night walks, she's entitled, by god. aimlessly she drifts toward the border through the trees, a wine-colored shape under the deep blanket of night. 

she smells furi before she sees her -- and she smells blood, chilling her. alarmed, the redhead picks up her pace, finding her friend passed out -- not unconscious, she doesn't think, but sleeping..? sleeping and bloodied, smelling of unfamiliar things. for a split second she hesitates, afraid of disturbing her -- but let's be real, when has that ever stopped blixen? urgently she presses her nose against furi's face, licking her cheek as she whispers "furi, wake up."

no room for you on the right side 
October 13, 2018, 07:07 PM
Mallaidh
Drageda
Kru

It takes a little effort to get her to stir. All she wants to do is sleep for days, sleep until she doesn’t feel this way anymore, maybe until she doesn’t feel anything. Just when she’d settled for being okay about her family, someone comes along and fucks it up and she wishes to shove it all away.

Mallaidh fights the stimulus waking her, groaning and shifting on the ground, slowly picking her head up. She blinks a few times, slowly taking Blixen into focus. “What,” she says flatly. The next few seconds she becomes aware of what’s going on around her. The sky has darkened and she blinks upward, wondering how long she’s been asleep. Everything that hurt before she went to sleep hurts even more now, stiff and difficult to move, as she slowly untangles herself. She licks her dry lips, needing water soon, but struggles to motivate her to do anything else but hold herself up.

7/6 threads
October 16, 2018, 07:14 PM
Blixen
Drageda
Commander

every second furi doesn't stir drags by, making blix's heart race, until finally at last she speaks. her unenthusiam goes unnoticed -- the commander is just relieved she's awake, even as she seems to struggle to unfurl. 

feeling not even slightly apologetic for disturbing her, the redhead shoves her nose against furi's cheek and demands, "what happened to you? who did this?" after all injuries like this don't just happen on their own -- someone must have -- or she got in a fight, or something. something blix is not happy about, feeling anger settle in her belly at the thought of someone hurting her furi (oh).

no room for you on the right side 
October 17, 2018, 09:08 PM
Mallaidh
Drageda
Kru

Mallaidh pulls away when she’s still touched, wincing as the tree rubs against her tender shoulder, and she struggles to stand up. It takes several seconds for the full weight of realization that it is Blixen in front of her, shouting questions at her, and it takes even longer for her brain to finally come out of deep sleep.

“Don’t yell,” she says hoarsely, squinting with one eyes as if she were blocking out the sun (despite darkness around them), looking up at the fiery girl. She hardly has time to think when she finally processes the question, shaking her head. “It’s fine, I’m fine,” she tries to assure, but her lips work well before her brain does, “some idiot on the ridge. Rose found me.”

7/6 threads