Hushed Willows if we never make it back to california i want you to know i love you
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
The tantrum barely phased her; she stood through it, letting both it and Delight's rebuke slip in and out of her mind without comprehension. She was dreamy-eyed when Delight finally addressed her, and had to shake herself back to attention, straightening and clearing her throat awkwardly. It took a second or two to register, then. . .

"Oh," she said just as succinctly, her voice clipped. "I see."

Delight didn't want to explain, and she didn't want to ask for elaboration. Alarian wasn't coming--simple as that. She wasn't going to pretend it didn't hurt, but-- "What about Korei? Is she with him? Did they leave together?" Even if Alarian's absence was not a surprise, Korei's was.

She shook her head, insistent. "Don't apologize at all," Lily responded. "Any of us would have done the same in your paws. I'm so sorry, Delight. I hope they turn up--I'll certainly keep an eye out for them, or. . . Do you want me to look, too?" She flashed him a weak smile, trying to ease the tension. "Might help to have another pair of eyes searching for them."