Moonspear It feels like one of those nights
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Private 
@Llewellyn back-dated to like 10/1

Tonight, Speedy ventured down to the base of the mountain to explore the forest she had seen down there. She had grown curious about it almost immediately, and so she had not wasted much time making her way down the mountain once she was somewhat settled. 

The forest was different than a lot of the ones she had explored while out on her own. As she silently padded across the moss-covered forest floor, she decided the place reminded her of a really dark forest she had found near the coast. It was considerably colder within the trees, unfortunately. She had found the mountain to be pretty cold, so her hope was that being lower down would mean being a little warmer, but that was not the case. Her footing was careful so as to not trip over anything as she walked deeper into the woodlands since only the occasional glint of light from the moon pierced the dense foliage. Like she did with any new place, she moved slowly, stopping frequently to sniff anything that caught her attention or stopping to stare in the direction of some interesting sound. There was so much here to keep her mind busy that she soon forgot about the chill of the autumn air and continued to wander farther into the trees with no real plan as usual.
149 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
[Image: JXSIu0n.jpg]

He has decided to take the night watch this evening, more on-edge than usual after what Ceara had told him. Perhaps it is meant to be. Speedy's scent wafts beneath his nostrils, and he turns to see the girl wandering nearby, exploring her new home. The prince turns with a reluctant sigh; there is much to discuss with her, and he is loath to do it. Mainly, explaining why he had lied to her when they had first met.

"Hello," Llewellyn murmurs, dipping his head to her when he comes within speaking distance. "How are you settling in?" She and Slavik have not been here for long, but the Moonspear wolves had given them a pleasant welcome. They are low on numbers, after all--the more, the merrier.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
A familiar scent soon interrupted her exploring, and her tail wagged in response. She turned as Llewellyn approached, smiling in response to his greeting. Hey, she replied, moving towards him. I'm settling in fine, just exploring, Speedy added with a warm smile. She was used to constantly being on the move, so she found it hard to do much else. 

She took a seat in front of him, her gaze scanning around them out of habit before resting on his golden face. She would be lying if she said she hadn't thought about the fact that he had given her a fake name initially. It was a bit strange, and it stung a little that he hadn't trusted her, but she didn't blame him; he didn't know her at all when they first met, and if providing her with an alias made him feel secure in some way, she wouldn't begrudge him that. She just hoped that now he maybe trusted her a little more. He had obviously trusted her enough to vouch for her when she showed up on Moonspear's borders. The empath was looking forward to earning more of his trust, though. As curious as she was to hear his explanation, she didn't come right out and ask; instead, she waited to see what he would say, wanting it to be his choice to explain himself.
149 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Good, good, he responds softly, the slightest of smiles touching his muzzle. It fades rather quickly, though, when he realizes that he will have to be the one to speak first. She does not inquire--why should she? This was his mess to clean up. He glances away, face sheepish, before turning his sapphire gaze back to hers.

I owe you an apology, Llewellyn rumbles, tail swishing slowly, a little awkwardly, behind him. His nerves rarely show through his cool, steely exterior--but they do now. I gave you a false name because my own name is infamous, in my homeland. I did not know you well enough, did not trust you well enough, to risk giving it away.

He realizes how ugly this sounds, though hopefully she can understand. Right? What would she have done, in his paws? A distant cousin of mine led a rebellion and killed my parents, the king and queen, along with all wolves loyal to us, he continues. She might as well have the full story, to gain some context. By the grace of God, I managed to escape. But there is no doubt in my mind that they are looking for me.

Llewellyn sighs, dipping his head. I gave my true name to Moonspear; how could I establish my place here on a lie? I should have done the same for you. I am sorry, Speedy. For the first time in a long time, he feels shame. Damn the woman.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She watched the smile fade from his face, his eyes leaving hers as if he were ashamed of something. Concern creased her brow, and she was about to ask him what was wrong, but he began to speak, stating he owed her an apology for giving her a false name and informing her it was because he did not trust her with his real name at first. Concern turned to sad understanding as she listened quietly to his explanation. Speedy was a little hurt, but she really didn't hold it against him; she could tell trust was hard for him.

Surprise and concern flitted across her face as he went on to explain that his cousin had killed his parents and forced him out of his home. Her eyes shined with unshed tears as she listened to his awful story. She wanted to say so many things, but he continued speaking, and before she knew it he was apologizing and explaining why he had lied.

She closed any distance between them, pushing her head into the fur on his neck if he allowed, not even caring that he may not be okay with her affection. She literally could not contain her need to comfort him. Pulling back, she met his gaze. Don't apologize, she said first. She wasn't even that mad about it, mostly just hurt, but it seemed so stupid now in the light of his tragic past. I'm so sorry about your family and your home. That's so terrible, she offered, voice shaking a little. How was he standing here talking about it so evenly? Was he not sick with worry and grief? Surely he was and was just being stoic, which was not at all necessary in her presence. Somehow, she figured it would take some time for him to come to that realization. I can't even imagine... she said quietly, shaking her head, not knowing what else to say.
149 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
She takes it better than he had expected. Perhaps he simply lacks empathy--not altogether a surprise, really. But she tears up, and embraces him, and it makes him wonder if she weeps for his family, or just for him. Something stirs within him at her touch, and he stiffens, then relaxes, unsure of what to do, of what to say.

It is not unimaginable, Llewellyn says gruffly, after a long moment of silence. She copes with tears, he with teeth. We put down his father's rebellion, some seasons ago. Killed them all, except Ioan, who was just a boy. We erred in keeping him alive. He only did to us what we had done to him. For the first time, he sees some merit in Ioan's revenge. Still, he shoves it down; to find common ground with the enemy is the first stumble toward capitulation, and he will never yield.

His eyes are hollow but kind as he stares at her, marveling at her forgiveness. Thank you for understanding, the prince murmurs. Now that you are here, you can know my true self. Anything you ask, I will tell you true. That is a promise, Speedy. Strangers would not have his secrets, but he would gladly cut his heart open and lay it upon the ground for his newfound family to examine.

He had done the same, in Mynydd.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Incredulity crossed the empath's face at his pragmatic response that his tragedy was not unimaginable. What did he even mean by that? He explained the situation more, and her mind was racing, attempting to understand such a life. It all sounded very tragic to her. Well, it's not like you could really kill a child, she replied with a small shrug. I think most would have made the same decision. 

Of course, she said when he thanked her for being understanding, offering him a warm smile. He promised her that he would truthfully answer any question she had in the future. It meant a lot to her that he was wiling to be so open. Still, she couldn't resist. She raised a teasing eyebrow. Are you sure? she asked. That could be a dangerous promise. She of course would never abuse such trust, but she thought she would lighten the mood a little.