Blacktail Deer Plateau they grieved it on its way
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Grezig's words didn't quite register fully in his brain at first, but as the truth sank in, it was like a kick to the gut. He knew things had been strained lately, but he had really thought they could work things out; it was a naive thought, but they had been through so much; surely they could figure this out. But it seemed that to Grezig, there was too much between the three of them for her to be an effective beta, and he had to respect her for that. He would not force her to stay or try to beg her to work tings out--if she felt she needed to go her own way, he would swallow his feelings and wish her the best. 

But then, once the initial shock had worn off, more of her words registered in the alpha's mind--particularly the part where she maybe implied that his mate wouldn't give a truthful account of the events that had led to all of this. His brows lifted in surprise, and a strange feeling bubbled in his chest. Why would she say that? Of the three of them, Liri was the least to blame for all of this; in fact, she held no blame at all. If Grezig wanted to be angry with someone it should be him for allowing any of this to happen in the first place. He gave her an incredulous look, unsure how to respond. His gaze caught the flash of movement from their newest member as he went to stand next to Grezig, making his intent to follow her quite clear. That was fine; he would not keep anyone from leaving with their former beta if that's what they wished to do. 

Minori began to speak before he could respond any further, and her words quelled his anger a little. He was already fond of the warrior, but to see her stand up for Liri in front of everyone proved her level of loyalty. He gave her a nod of gratitude before his attention was drawn to Corvus as he politely spoke his piece. 

The alpha hardly had time to process the mercenary's words before his mate was speaking, her words making it clear she was not happy with the implication that she might spread rumors. He felt her move to his side, and he pressed against her, giving her the strength she felt she needed and also making it clear where his loyalties were in all of this. He loved Grezig, and he wished more than anything that she would stay and figure this shit out, but Liri was his mate and a victim in all of this, and he had her back no matter what. He was surprised that she would want to discuss their issues in such a public way, but he knew the members would be seeking them out with questions anyway, so they might as well get it all out in the open. As she spoke, he wondered what the pack thought of the situation--of him for being so stupid and careless with his mate's love and trust. He wanted to look away and avoid the gaze of the other wolves gathered there, but he kept his eyes forward; he deserved whatever shame was coming. He took full responsibility for all of this horrible mess.

When Liri mentioned the spar, there was no look of surprise on the alpha's inky face. She had told him of the interaction. He felt for Grezig and the turmoil she must be going through, but he also respected his mate's decision; she owed them nothing for this. She was not the one who had brought trouble into their relationship--that was all on Kavik and Grezig. It might be a biased stance on his part, but he didn't really care. Had Liri been in the wrong somehow, he would have certainly felt differently, but that was not the case. And even after all the tension and the way this meeting had gone, Liri still found it in her heart to wish Grezig and any followers well on their journey, again proving herself too good for him.

No one else spoke, so finally, he felt it was his turn to speak. He still remained pressed against his mate as he turned to look at his former beta. As Liri has just said, she would never spread rumors or false information about what has gone on between the three of us. Kavik's expression turned dark and pained. I am hurt that you would imply as much. He turned to look at the rest of the group. What Liri has told you is the truth. I-- he paused, looking down and swallowing the lump in his throat. I was an idiot, and I take full responsibility for this mess. I completely accept any ill-feelings you may have towards me in light of this information and understand if you wish to leave. If you wish to stay, I will truthfully answer any questions. Kavik looked back to Grezig then, his expression only sad. You are still my friend, and I wish you only the best on your journey. I hope we can one day move past this but if not, then I guess this is goodbye. You have been a good leader to this pack, Grezig, and I'm certain you will flourish in any endeavor you take on. He fell silent then, dipping his head towards his friend before turning back to the group.
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread
they grieved it on its way - by RIP Grezig - November 12, 2018, 04:06 PM
RE: they grieved it on its way - by RIP Kavik - November 12, 2018, 05:13 PM
RE: they grieved it on its way - by Corvus - November 12, 2018, 05:41 PM
RE: they grieved it on its way - by Minori - November 12, 2018, 06:38 PM
RE: they grieved it on its way - by Elixir - November 12, 2018, 07:32 PM
RE: they grieved it on its way - by Ruenna - November 13, 2018, 01:22 PM
RE: they grieved it on its way - by Síff - November 14, 2018, 07:06 AM
RE: they grieved it on its way - by Siege - November 14, 2018, 12:05 PM
RE: they grieved it on its way - by RIP Grezig - November 15, 2018, 11:48 AM
RE: they grieved it on its way - by Siege - November 15, 2018, 12:15 PM