Heron Lake Plateau we haven't talked in quite some time.
a determination so powerful it could turn the sky storm black
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena
This is what she'd spent all those weeks preparing for.  She'd solidified her feelings into something impenetrable, so that when Niamh crumbled she'd be able to handle it gracefully.  The golden girl was incredulous, and Phoenix took a step back.  He told me he came looking for me, she says as clear as she can manage, but it wasn't Blackfeather, it was a panther.  And then that was that.  That's just how life was, sometimes, and she found she hated it more often than she enjoyed being a part of it.  

And it was weird, because she thought as soon as she made it to the Plateau she'd think about seeing Raven again and it'd all be okay, or she'd end up bitching out and staying here.  But it was this moment that solidified it for her.  There just truly was nothing for her here.  Colt had picked up and moved on.  He'd left Niamh.  He survived.

So she could survive without Raven, or the idea of Raven.  Whichever one she'd fooled herself into being more in love with.

The only thing I could get out of him was to find you.  She could only imagine that Niamh and Bruges had the same kind of thing she had with Colt.  And fuck, she was so sorry.  But there was nothing she could do.  Niamh wouldn't want her in this instance, this girl who she'd fought with all the time.  She'd want a real friend.  A good friend.  Something more than she could be.  To anyone.

I'm sorry.
ring the bells that still can ring
forget your perfect offering
there is a crack in everything
that's how the light gets in
Messages In This Thread
we haven't talked in quite some time. - by Fire - December 16, 2018, 03:19 PM
RE: we haven't talked in quite some time. - by RIP Niamh - December 16, 2018, 03:52 PM
RE: we haven't talked in quite some time. - by Fire - December 16, 2018, 03:58 PM
RE: we haven't talked in quite some time. - by RIP Niamh - December 16, 2018, 04:03 PM
RE: we haven't talked in quite some time. - by Fire - December 16, 2018, 04:09 PM
RE: we haven't talked in quite some time. - by RIP Niamh - December 16, 2018, 04:36 PM
RE: we haven't talked in quite some time. - by Fire - December 16, 2018, 05:28 PM
RE: we haven't talked in quite some time. - by RIP Niamh - December 16, 2018, 05:39 PM
RE: we haven't talked in quite some time. - by Fire - December 16, 2018, 05:47 PM
RE: we haven't talked in quite some time. - by RIP Niamh - December 16, 2018, 10:13 PM
RE: we haven't talked in quite some time. - by Tulimaq - December 17, 2018, 01:30 PM