The Tangle she told him to take care of me
IF BLOOD IS THICKER THAN WATER
YOU KNOW WHERE YOU'LL FIND US IN THE END
190 Posts
Ooc —
Someone more aware of how the mind of anyone other than themselves would have caught onto her insecurities.  Tux, on the other hand, was focused on little other than himself (which was becoming pretty typical, at this point).  However he finally managed to become interested in her once she dropped the name of that red-furred natrona, and his steely bronze gaze turned upon her hungrily.

She was one of us, once.  He was unaware of the subtle nuances of her tone, and he didn't pick up on her hurt, but he felt enough of it for himself.  Then she turned her back on us.  He let his words hang in the air for a moment before he tacked on, She'll turn her back on you, too.

That is the way of natrona.  He had learned it the hard way, and if Raleska had not already, she would learn it, too.

He was too young to remember Raleska's birth, or Grimnismal's presence upon the Sound.  He truthfully remembered very little from before his mother left, for that singular incident had shaped his life in a way that made it necessary to forget.  My sister wanted that beach.  For now it was easier to forget that she was born there —

And then he remembers Ephraim, and how he was also born in the Sound.  He remembers how he was worried that if his friend remembered the Grotto, he'd become natrona too.  To have the sneaking suspicion that this girl might be related to him drew up fear from a well in his heart that he didn't know he contained.  All the more reason to inspire hatred for our neighbors, he thinks.  If Ephraim never finds out his family is who is shacked up next door, he'll never have a reason to leave.  But for now it is just a suspicion, and a wild and unlikely one at that.  What's your name?
trigedasleng around all who speak it, common around those who don't
members of drageda are encouraged to liberally pp tux
Messages In This Thread
she told him to take care of me - by Raleska - December 16, 2018, 05:39 PM
RE: she told him to take care of me - by Tux - December 16, 2018, 06:44 PM
RE: she told him to take care of me - by Raleska - December 16, 2018, 06:56 PM
RE: she told him to take care of me - by Tux - December 16, 2018, 07:05 PM
RE: she told him to take care of me - by Raleska - December 16, 2018, 07:11 PM
RE: she told him to take care of me - by Tux - December 16, 2018, 07:22 PM
RE: she told him to take care of me - by Raleska - December 16, 2018, 07:28 PM
RE: she told him to take care of me - by Tux - December 16, 2018, 07:49 PM
RE: she told him to take care of me - by Raleska - December 16, 2018, 08:01 PM