Neverwinter Forest he said "i wouldn't lie,"
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
All Welcome 
anyone want to step over the borders and have an angry aries attack u

[Image: giphy.gif]

The sky was black and haunted when the Reaper left the center of the forest to stalk around the borders, pissing where the scents had faded and ensuring caches were secure, unmoved by any but the Clan. He was as silent as the stars that sparkled and glittered above, masked by the occasional cloud of grey and watching like dappled eyes in the heavens - he did not fear their looming gaze, sharp and bright, for he was a starborn, and his own orbs were sharper, as were his teeth. Only a fool would dare to tempt the beast from where it rested in his chest, eager to erupt like the smoky hiss of a flame, or the billowing ash from a volcano.

The air was frigid. 

Winter was his favoured time of the year - it brought hardships that some lacked the strength to overcome; so beautiful was the snow, lacings of dazzling white to drape the land in magic and mystery, but so dangerous, too. One wrong move and you could find yourself encased in that coat, trapped in ice and frozen in your mistake. It was perilous, and he admired it.

Aries' lips parted to taste the air before he continued, large paws carrying him swiftly over the trails of those who defended this forest from intruders.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
80 Posts
Ooc — mercury
The forest she passes through going aimlessly northwest from Blackfeather Woods is cold and sad, ravaged by a long-ago fire. This one is much more appealing. It is evergreen, and the boughs are carpeted with snow; underneath are paths more or less clear. It is a delightful sight, and her breath fogs in the air as she laughs silently to herself, enjoying the view.

Perhaps she will return to the other forest, one day. For now, she is content to wander.

There are scents along the edge of the woods, not strong enough to concern her. It is a border, but barely--hardly the fortified line that Blackfeather Woods boasts. Megara traipses along it, not quite over, but certainly not the respectful distance she would have given other claims. All the while, she gazes into the trees, looking for faces. Listening for voices.

What secrets does this place hold?
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
She was a shadow, drifting along the same lines as he, but she did not hold the scent of those who fought for the forest - she was older, too, and he examined her with a curl of his lip; the reaper did not know her, and so unless she met him with a reasoning behind her adventure, he would take hold of this situation and deal with it in the manner required.

Aries barked a low warning, svelte figure sweeping into view as a raven would glide from the clouds -- his teeth glinted in the light, and a cold stare guarded by the shield of his mystery stuck out like crystals of ice in his shadowed visage. She was not distinctly tresspassing, but those who tested the trails would be met with trouble.

His demeanor demanded but a single thing: who are you?
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
80 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Soon comes the guardian, baring his teeth. He reminds her much of the man who had guarded the dark woods to the south, and smiles, coming to a halt just shy of the border. Megara will never tire of the follies of mercenaries. So quick to violence, so slow to rationality.

Greetings, she calls out softly, blinking. I am no trespasser; you have my word on that. Just a traveler, exploring all the parts of this world that I can.

She lifts her chin an imperceptible amount, taking his measure. Your claim here is weak, still, Megara continues. New to the forest, then, or do you lack for numbers? Is that why you face an old woman with such misguided bravado? is the question left unsaid.

She does not wait long for an answer, and, with a small scoff, departs, leaving the other forest behind. Little does she know that their paths will cross again for extraordinary reasons.