Heron Lake Plateau I'll get used to this eventually.
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Had she always talked that way?  That accent or whatever that he couldn't place.  It wasn't like he'd had a long conversation with her, so, probably.  He had to wonder if that was effecting her ability to be confident as well if she couldn't understand things as well as everyone else -- sure, Towhee managed, but he was quite familiar with not being able to clearly speak a different language and he had the equivalent of training wheels to fall back on.  It wasn't really entirely different when he could rely on the spoken word.

And along with her generally meek attitude, the fact she was blaming herself... Just oof.  Someone had obviously done a number on this chick -- probably more than just this initial offense -- so he'd try to be kind.  Yeah, okay, saying that it wasn't her fault probably wasn't going to do much, but he'd say it anyway because it was the truth.  The only one at fault was the guy who attacked you both.  It wasn't your fault.

Maybe he could kind of offer some more support though? Uhg.  He should have brought Raven with him.  The pack is family.  And I know you've been mostly here with Phox, Towhee, and Niamh, but if you're ever worried about anything and they're not around, you can come to Raven and I as well.  It's my job to keep everyone safe, so you can talk to me if there are any problems.  Okay?  His ears tipped forward hopefully.  Even if the terrible trio currently hated his guts, there was no reason he should ignore her just because they existed.
Messages In This Thread
I'll get used to this eventually. - by Spooky Camilla - January 13, 2019, 06:53 PM
RE: I'll get used to this eventually. - by Quixote - January 14, 2019, 12:25 AM
RE: I'll get used to this eventually. - by Spooky Camilla - January 14, 2019, 02:45 PM
RE: I'll get used to this eventually. - by Quixote - January 16, 2019, 03:27 AM
RE: I'll get used to this eventually. - by Spooky Camilla - January 16, 2019, 04:34 AM
RE: I'll get used to this eventually. - by Quixote - January 18, 2019, 03:26 AM
RE: I'll get used to this eventually. - by Spooky Camilla - February 12, 2019, 09:13 PM
RE: I'll get used to this eventually. - by Quixote - February 18, 2019, 12:20 AM