Big Salmon Lake i don't care what you believe in
65 Posts
Ooc — Java
All Welcome 
I posted at the wrong lake, my god, that's never happened to me before. x--x

She spent the night alone and nervous, at least until she caught sight of starlight surrounding her. The glen was a sprawling mess of tangled trees and the woman had breached the limits of the wood while searching for shelter; sleep did not come, but the stars slowly lit around her, danced, and she fell asleep feeling as if she had entered some ethereal plane. Her body demanded that she slip away to sleep but a part of her clung to the waking world, until the last thing she saw of the night was the ephemeral dance of red fire around her — the humming and the fell glow causing her to lull slowly to a deep and restful sleep.

In the morning, the lights were gone. She could smell fresh water and rose to investigate in the early dawn hours, emerging from the glen to bear witness to a surprisingly vivid vista. Before her sprawled a massive lake. Overhead, with the sun trying to rise, shades of champagne and blush heralded the coming of the new day. Parvati breathed deeply of the crisp air as she drifted to the lake's edge, and dipped her snout to drink.

The light reflected in the deep waters, and as she pulled back from the wet stones of the edge, she saw her reflection. A little rough around the edges, but not so bad. A little bit more haggard from travel and less prim, proper, tidied as the men liked it — and Parvati felt suddenly emboldened, liking the sight of a wildness she had not noticed before. She felt an itch in her skin, and took the budding sensation as a good sign — her new life was beginning and it was worth a celebration.