Swiftcurrent Creek you're a sunflower
Tell me something that i'll forget
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
He felt a flicker of relief burn in his stomach at her acceptance, and nudged the rabbit closer, lowering himself down onto his haunches and glancing at the champagne girl as she spoke.

"Soltero?"

The note of pain did not go unnoticed, even to the beta's ashen ears, and he watched her inquisitively, ensuring he was close enough for them to share a little warmth - for comfort, he thought. Ruenna's concerns about the creek had him chewing his cheek, searching every nook and cranny of his brain for something logical and intelligent to describe the situation of the pack; in the end, he let out a sigh, brows creasing in the center of his forehead. "I... well... the season is a tense one in itself. The wolves here... there are many females, and few males, so I think... many are competitive."

Soltero hoped dearly she wasn't put off by the shifting demeanors of the wolves who resided here. He knew, deep in his shielded heart, they were all good wolves. "There was some... stuff between Constantine and his mate a few moons before you arrived, but I do not think i'm permitted to speak much of it. I only know much of it from their daughter, Talos, and I never wanted to pry." He'd worked incredibly hard to recruit and gather what remained of the pack, aiming to steer it in the right direction - he'd been rewarded for it, but the smoky traveller saw it as less of a reward, and more of a job. A job that he liked, no doubt, but a tricky one. He had to ensure their numbers didn't begin to dwindle once more, as they had done prior to his arrival. "Everyone is adjusting, and it'll take some time, but I think we'll be okay." Now he chewed at the inside of his mouth again, sure that he was talking too much, and he ought to keep his lips sealed now, tearing off a small piece of the prey and gnawing at it, still distinctly aware of the girl beside him.
I tried to write your name in the rain
But the rain never came
Messages In This Thread
you're a sunflower - by Soltero - January 23, 2019, 11:49 AM
RE: you're a sunflower - by Ruenna - January 23, 2019, 06:36 PM
RE: you're a sunflower - by Soltero - January 24, 2019, 11:18 AM
RE: you're a sunflower - by Ruenna - January 28, 2019, 10:28 AM
RE: you're a sunflower - by Soltero - January 29, 2019, 11:27 AM
RE: you're a sunflower - by Ruenna - January 29, 2019, 12:49 PM
RE: you're a sunflower - by Soltero - January 29, 2019, 01:51 PM
RE: you're a sunflower - by Ruenna - January 29, 2019, 03:24 PM