Totoka River leaving
81 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
All Welcome 
forward-dated to about a week from now to give time for her shoulder to heal

This was Strand’s first time off the island and already she missed its isolated protection. Out here, on the mainland, she expected to find many more of her own kind. Perhaps too many for her to handle all at once. Padma had been a constant companion for the past week, but that was different. Padma was just one wolf who was generally kind and not prone to anger. At least not around her. But out here, anyone could be just as insane as the ghost who had destroyed her shoulder, and she wasn’t sure if she was prepared to face that. Even passing over the land bridge had been trying. The farther from the island she got, the more bothered she was. But she couldn’t let that stop her. She had to overcome such weakness.

She took deep breaths as she stood and stared at the forking river that flowed out to the sea. Small fish swam in the waters and she focused on them as a way to divert her anxiety. She hoped this feeling of helplessness would pass soon. After all, Strand had been the one to venture off of the island, and she’d done so out of boredom. She’d wanted a change of scenery. She couldn’t give up now that she was finally here. “Get it together,” she muttered to herself, and continued to stare at the little fish, this time without seeing them.
*Posts will be short (~100 words or less)
My patience has a limit, unlike my authority.
8 Posts
Ooc — Valiant
There it was: the end of Avis' world. The Takota River finally ended on the shores of a serene ocean swell and the wolf had known that this was the end of the line, no longer could she saddle the banks and be accompanied by the river on her journey. Now she was certain that she had to turn back eventually.

Avis had never seen the ocean or encounted salt water, so her curiosity was piqued: strange how the bitter taste also permenated the air, the sound of the breaking waves sounded almost like a breath, and this strange ground cover like a dry mud.

Avis noticed another wolf in the distance, looking at the water ways intently and reflecting on something. Avis boldly approached the other wolf, "Is this the end of the world?" she asked. After a while Avis would look down and see the small fish in the crystal waters -- too small worth the hunt, in her opinion.
81 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Thanks for joining! <3

’Is this the end of the world?’ 

The question jerked Strand out of her thoughts and she jumped. The older female had startled her. Her pale golden eyes found a pair of orangey-yellow ones and held them for a moment. Then she broke into a grin, suddenly dispelled of her uneasiness. Maybe it was risky telling a complete stranger about her island, but how was she to recruit members if no one knew it was there? “Nah,” she said. “There’s a whole other world, out there…” She turned and pointed with her muzzle towards the island. The tree line from the coniferous forest there could be seen against the backdrop of the sea and sky. “See the strip of sand leading away? As long as the tide’s low, you can walk all the way out to it.” She turned back to the woman. “It’s mine, but I could show it to you some time.” The last sentence was a question. Did this stranger want to come see her island?

Would Padma agree to having a random stranger on their island? Well… It would be two against one, if this woman ended up being crazy like the ghost that had attacked her a week ago. They’d manage.
8 Posts
Ooc — Valiant
Avis remained paitent as the other wolf looked towards her, a curt twist of the ear suggested that she wasn't particularly upset over the long gaze. When Strand began to discuss the never-ending and strange ocean, Avis was curious but a part remained skeptical. How could there be more to the world?

Avis' gaze looked quickly to the sand bar, this flat covered part of the land which dribbled along to the distance, would this take her further? It was quite the opposite of a river, rather water breaking through land, land was breaking through water.

Avis' attention returned to the other wolf, "It's yours then? Where does it lead too?" Though Avis wondered if it really mattered: she knew nothing of this land. What is a name of a place if you couldn't even figure out where it was.  Of course, Avis was tempted to see what else lied ahead, "Can I cross it?" she enquired before quickly adding, "With your permisison, of course."
81 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
The grey-furred wolf looked towards the land bridge when Strand mentioned it. She seemed interested in it and asked her where it led to. Strand motioned again at the island in the distance. “There,” she said. She was pleased that the female had accepted so readily that the island was hers. She felt her chest puff up with pride.

Can I cross it? With your permission, of course. 

Well, this woman really knew how to butter up to Strand, asking her permission to cross the land bridge and all! Strand stood tall and proud and said, “Yeah! I could show you around the place. It’s my own little slice of heaven, but it’s big enough to share—as long as you follow my rules.” Strand wasn’t really sure yet what those rules were, exactly, but she’d be sure to come up with some soon. Slowly, over the past week or so that she had been in the Teekon Wilds, mostly while she’d been dozing as her shoulder healed, she had formed an idea in her mind. She wanted to populate that island with other wolves, but wolves who would follow her. A little pack of her own. A band. A crew. Whatever you wanted to call it. Padma would join, she was almost certain. Maybe she could get this woman to join, too.

“I’m Strand, by the way,” she said, by way of greeting. “What’s your name?”
Do you want a new thread on Wheeling Gull Isle proper or do you just want to continue in this one?
8 Posts
Ooc — Valiant
I think so! Avis will probably go and check it out, would be interesting going to an island!
Avis stared into the haze of the sea, a solitary landmass could be barely outlined in the mist. But the mention of rules, well-- that didn't seem to fit well with Avis and she supposed she'd expect rules only from packs, not individuals. She'd left home because she was sick of rules, laws and other decrees.

Avis wondered just what she'd be walking into. There were some she'd know had to be universal, which was natural, but she was determined to learn differences. Avis is not suspect to the fact that Strand had no real solidified rules, but she would still press the question, Rules? What kind of rules? Avis enquired suspiciously with a squint.

Maybe she would go to the island, once this Strand explained.

Avis, my name is Avis.
81 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
The female—Avis—seemed bothered by the idea of rules. Strand stuck out her lip as she thought about this. Would Avis try to take the island for herself since she didn’t seem keen on following the rules? Well… Padma was still there, so far as Strand knew, so it would be two against one if that happened. “Yeah. Rules. Like…” She thought about it for a second. “Like don’t go hunting all my food or destroying my den!” Yeah. Those were good rules. Other than that, she didn’t really care what others did. “Oh, and if we see Padma, be nice to her. She’s my friend.” With a nod, Strand began to walk across the land bridge, feeling that she’d settled the matter nicely. She turned to look over her shoulder at Avis to see if she was following.
8 Posts
Ooc — Valiant
Fair enough, Avis supposed. She was tight lipped for a moment, contemplating what she was getting herself into. The rules Pretty much what would be considered common decency and Avis was fine to follow the guidelines for now and admittedly wasn't going to follow them for very long: I won't be there for very long, I think.  Avis admitted, she was still longing for something she couldn't clearly see within her mind's eye, something far away. Maybe she would stay on the island if she found it there.

Avis shifted her feet in the sand, puddles of water formed in her the footprints and she absently piled up the sand beneath her, curious about the substance. The beach and sea were still very foreign for her and she began to walk to the sand bar with her head sometimes dipping low to investigate clumps of seaweed and shells. Are you heading back now? Avis asked.
81 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Strand gave a nod at the female’s acceptance of her rules. As long as Avis didn’t start any trouble on the island, then Strand wouldn’t give her any trouble.

’I won’t be there for very long, I think,’ Avis admitted.

Strand frowned at those words. “Why not? Maybe you’ll like it!” She needed more numbers if she was really going to take over the island. She needed to somehow convince Avis that Wheeling Gull Isle was the shit and that that’s where cool wolves lived. She’d have to hold back on acting like the boss for a bit and maybe bring Avis under her wing—even though the grey female was older than her, but oh well. What did that matter? 

’Are you heading back now?’ Avis asked, bringing Strand back to the present.

“Sure!” she said, her tail wagging. “Let’s go! I’ll show you around and stuff.” With that, she continued along the land bridge, occasionally checking to see if Avis was following.

Feel free to wrap up here! I’ll start us a new thread on the island and tag you!