Silvertip Mountain But lately I'm beginning to find that I should be the one behind the wheel
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She didn't probe him for more information, for which he was grateful; as interested he was in the lives of others, he was never very willing to share his own past, at least not with strangers. He supposed his stoic nature was derived from years of being a soldier; he could never quite separate his innate personality from the militant principles instilled in him from a young age, which, now that he thought about it, was probably why he felt so out of touch with himself lately, like he didn't know who he was anymore. He often found himself wondering where the soldier ended and Eastwood began, but the line was hazy and difficult to find, leading him to search even harder for the distinction as he grew older and more dissatisfied with his life. So in a way, his training had eventually turned him away from the pack he swore to serve and protect instead of cementing the bonds as he grew older. 

It seemed she had just arrived here, and he wondered if she was spurred by a need to explore of if something else forced her here--maybe the same thing that had given her the scars he was growing increasingly more curious about. Aside from the marks on his shoulder that would forever be a reminder of the lives he took, his battle scars were hidden beneath his thick coat, and those weren't all his scars; he had plenty on the inside, as well, but only those he allowed close ever caught a glimpse of those poorly-healed wounds. Before he could dwell too much on her own marks or let his curiosity force him to impolitely ask about them, she spoke again, introducing herself as Heloise. East turned to her again, first offering a brief dip of his head in response. Eastwood, he supplied, gaze lingering on her face just a second longer than was acceptable before resuming its place surveying the vast lands in front of them. The first twinkles of stars were starting to appear in the sky, pulling his gaze upwards to study them. The stars will be fully visible soon, he pointed out. He had grown interested in them recently. Sleep was something that usually evaded him, and so in the absence of responsibility, he had taken to studying the peculiar dots of light in the sky. Here would be a nice place to do that tonight.
Common · Trigedasleng
Messages In This Thread
RE: But lately I'm beginning to find that I should be the one behind the wheel - by Eastwood - March 13, 2019, 03:00 PM