Ankyra Sound every tomb, every sea, spit the bones from your teeth
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Joining 
since the sunspire, she has not attempted to join any other group. but the coast feels different, closer to a home than the mountains ever were. this place appeals to the woman, and @Vaati's scent at the borders has her sure of her choice. she feels no need to be near him, but that fact that he's chosen this pack is enough for her to think it a good one. settling on her haunches, she tips back her muzzle and calls for the leaders, confident in her choice.
terrible mobile post!
That is not dead which can eternal lie. 
And with strange aeons even death may die.

420 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
He hadn't gone forth to conquer the beach, yet. But it was on his mind, even as he filled the caches or checked the borders, an incessant nagging the likes of which he'd never felt before. A sense of possessive something, in part because of his lost rank and also because of Yami's suggestion that he take it back. He was investigating the borders for another loop of the territory when he spotted a figure approaching their claim.

Her call sounds across the -- well, the Sound. He's already near, and closes the distance while she is distracted.

Who're you? Firefly asks as soon as he's within earshot; he is not a leader any longer, but he isn't really sure they have one right now, so whatever.
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
the man who approaches is heavily scarred. some are fresh and garish, others long faded and seeking to disappear beneath his fur. far more than she has, and she doubts that there is a part of his pelt which has not been marked by some wound. still, when he pauses her gaze shifts to his before dropping, a simple respect.  "cassiopeia." she offers easily, adding, "I want to join you." she's blunt in her intent, she would hardly waste her time here should their ranks be full.

420 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
He can't help but size her up with his gaze; it takes a minute, thanks to the blurring of one eye, but he finds her to be suitably submissive with his approach. Admitting that she wanted to join the ragtag group of beach-combers was interesting to him because she seemed so much healthier than the wolves of the coast, not so rangy or ill-tempered. Perhaps she was manipulating him? But he gave her the benefit of his doubt, assumed she was merely a wanderer looking for a place to rest.

Not very many people know we're living here - how did you find us? By chance? He wanted to make sure that this wasn't some trick by the Dragedan wolves, still unaware that their own claim upon the cliffs had receded recently. He studied her further as she responded, mostly because she was young and healthy and attractive — but he remained stoic, letting his curiosity direct the conversation. Regardless of how he viewed this stranger, Yami would always be his #1.
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
she was not immediately turned away, nor did he pose the expected question of what she had to offer. "in part," she answers truthfully. "I know Vaait. I've met him near here in the past, but it was chance that led me to your borders." she'd been spending so much time near the sea, dipping inland when she sought different game and when her wanderlust had directed her to, that it was only a matter of time before she found this place. the wanderlust that had propelled her for so long was shriveling and dying, now, and the prospect of a home by the sea was growing appealing.

420 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
When she mentioned the pale man Firefly's brow raised. It didn't surprise him that someone like Vaati had friends scattered across the wilds, but mostly that he had a woman on the side. He didn't fault him (by now Firefly realized he had quite a repetoire of conquests, perhaps this was one of Vaati's?), but couldn't help thinking of Grezig. How would the new mother feel having competition?

Well met. Vaati has been living here with us for some time - as he says this, Firefly side-steps and invites her to walk with him without a verbal prompt. Whether she does or not, he continues. I have fought him. He is strong, and  an asset to us. If he vouches for you then there's no reason to deny you a place with us. But they'd have to find the beastly man first to get things sorted out. Adding another woman to the ranks would be good, he muses.
in our town the hangman came, smelling of gold, blood and flame
390 Posts
Ooc — jal
Away
The scent of Cassiopeia nearing his home prompts him to follow the trail, having not expected her to roam so close. Vaati holds no objections to her close proximity, he simply finds it curious that it is she who seems to seek him out. She is not someone he associates with pack life, and so it is rather surprising as he enters a scene in which the topic of conversation is exactly that. Ears flicker with intrigue as his name is spoken, only to hear rather kind words from a man he had internally scorned -- slightly changing Vaati’s opinion on the man from which it came. But the matter of his vouching for the star-speckled woman would no doubt be given without hesitance, “I do.” The titan confirms as he steps towards the duo, looking between them with curiosity. 

“Are you here to stay?” There is a hopeful note mixed in his tone and it catches him off guard -- though he does not let it show. It would be an interesting thing to witness should Cass be admitted to Rusalkan ranks, for even he was not sure what the dynamic would be between his lover, his children and the woman who had birthed them.
for the sins of the unworthy
must be baptized in blood & fear
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
his brow raised, and cassiopeia could only hope that the impression vaati had left on the man had been positive enough for her knowledge of him not to count against her now. she dips her muzzle and moves to walk beside him at his silent prompt, deciding that she likes this man well enough as he continues to speak. his words are met quickly, not by her but by the man who steps out toward them. there is no need for introductions, but she only nods. "yes." here, she will stay. she already feels it is a place where she may belong more than she ever did at Sunspire. she likes the hope in his voice.

420 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
She does follow after him, and they move in tandem for a few steps before Vaati materializes; Firefly hadn't noticed the approaching behemoth until he spoke, but his attention was fixated on the dappled beauty. He looked to the man now and bowed slightly as a greeting, but then began to slip away from the pair of them. The look in his eyes turned a little sharper as he gave them their space, but he was already thinking about the next leg of his own patrol.

Beside him - no, behind him now - he hears Cassiopeia voice a positive, and figured that was enough. If she was staying then Vaati could show her around, get her acquainted. Unless Rosalyn had an issue with it - but, come to think of it, Firefly didn't much care for the woman's opinion whether she held the crown or not. He'd leave it up to Vaati, and back the man up if it became an issue. With a slight turn he looked to the pair, sweeping his gaze over them, and murmured, I will get back to work then — Cassiopeia, welcome, and with a final nod to Vaati, he left them to their own devices.