Stavanger Bay It's quiet, I'll bet that everybody thinks I'm done.
settling their restless wings
384 Posts
Ooc —
dalia was quiet as the accusation came. she expected it, but she didn't want it to. she didn't want to answer. it would have been so much easier to lie. to tell them she just never got around to it. to pull excuses out of her ass. to tell them she couldn't bare to see all of her mistakes in action. or... something. she could've said a hundred things. but... they were family. and they deserved an answer... right? 

she couldn't come up with any other excuses not to tell them.

her demeanor, seemingly strong moments before, appeared to crumble before them. her gaze fell to her feet, ears slicked back, and she shuddered once as she worked up the courage to give them an answer. without looking up, the moreau girl murmured in their native tongue, unable to speak it in the common one, for fear an outsider would hear? she did not know. "i was attacked," she said, and then slowly raised her head to meet their gazes again, "my first... moon with the pack, maybe. i haven't left the territory since then. i've been a coward. velen promised to come with me one day to visit, but i haven't been able to bring myself to do it." 

she shifted. "it's not an excuse. i'm just telling you why."
trigedasleng will be in blue.