Sun Mote Copse Make it a point to tell me when you get to the end
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Her mate pressed her for answers but Wildfire could only grimace apologetically and shake her head. She didn't have them. She didn't know what was going on with her. Even man, with all his technological advances, often couldn't detect disease until it was too late. And she was only a wild wolf, they all were. Raven and Eljay could study medicine for years and still never be able to diagnose the stealthy malignancy that had taken root in her long before any symptoms had ever manifested.

Eljay disappeared for a moment to pass along her message, though it wasn't long before he rejoined her and the two began making their way back to the den. They walked slowly, Wildfire nodding at his suggestion that she rest. She wanted nothing more than to curl into a ball and hide from whatever this was. Of course, she couldn't escape her own skin, nor her mind, so actual rest wouldn't be easy to come by.

She could practically feel the waves of fear and worry emanating off her mate. Wildfire's first instinct was to reassure him but instead she found herself admitting in a voice almost too soft to hear, "I'm scared, Eljay."
Messages In This Thread
RE: Make it a point to tell me when you get to the end - by Wildfire - May 17, 2019, 08:13 PM